Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2014, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evoscan. I sent you a pm and a ticket on your site. Hoping to hear from you.. Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2014, 06:12 AM

I am quite impressed with all the work that you are doing "evoscan".
I have an Evo VI TME with a Motec ECU ( I am not going to get any display system from them, their prices are outrageous !)and I have a Zeitronic Dash Daq displaying a few data but the screen is really a bit small and I have difficulty to read data (two gauges + digital). It works quite well but impossible to read in the action (I need glasses to read !).
Is it possible to use your Evodroid connected to the sensors directly?
Sensors are: EGT, boost, water temp, intake air temp, AFR (Zeitronic). I have oil temp/pressure on a separate gauge.

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:07 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dgfab
evoscan. I sent you a pm and a ticket on your site. Hoping to hear from you.. Thanks
Hi dgfab, I replied to your ticket on the site.. Yes, you need a 1.3DA cable or 3.0DA cable. the 1.3U does not work with the evodroid, it is a different type of cable.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:59 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by r34p3rex
automatically put the tablet into deep sleep (1-2% battery drop per day with the car off). When power is restored, it automatically wakes up. Maybe this is something you could look into in the future. Basically, shut off all wireless connections, disable most wakelocks and power down any unessential components.
done... the latest EvoDroid7 apk installer has this feature now. automatically puts the tablet into sleep when the car off, and when power is restored it automatically wakes up.

android apps can't turn off wireless connections, android/google has now recently disallowed all apps from controlling wifi on/off . it is up to the user to turn off wifi to save power during standby now.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 01:20 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by psfp
Does anyone else is having problems with numeric gauges and negative values with decimal places?
The minus sign is appearing in both main value and decimal value:

EvoDroid v1.02 now contains a fix for this issue of numeric gauges and negative values with decimal places. -Hamish.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the new APK uploaded on your site Hamish?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Can this clear SES/CEL codes?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Sure would be nice to make a digital hard button on the screen to replace the menu button for those of us that chose to double din mount it.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by evoscan
Hi dgfab, I replied to your ticket on the site.. Yes, you need a 1.3DA cable or 3.0DA cable. the 1.3U does not work with the evodroid, it is a different type of cable.
I see on the 1.3U cable under products it says it supports the evoscan GPS Nav, but this is the old unit not the Evodroid correct?

Maybe you could add here it doesn't support it

http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-o...flashing-cable

Might look at organising money for an evodroid next month, in stock?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 06:35 AM
Silver Sponsor

yes they are definately in stock. and yeah, thanks, I will continue removing parts of the website referring to the old WinCE EvoScanPPC touchscreen GPSNAv's.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes they are definately in stock. and yeah, thanks, I will continue removing parts of the website referring to the old WinCE EvoScanPPC touchscreen GPSNAv's.
When is the updated APK going to be released? It'll include AEM wideband compatibility as well, correct?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, I went ahead and purchased one. Can't wait to try it out.

I wish it could be used to permantely remove the O2 CEL but it looks like it isn't. I will eventually buy a tactrix cable for this and EvoScan for Windows or OpenECU?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Ok I got my evodroid hooked up and I hooked my AEM Uego to Pin 5 and my Boost to Pin 1 and my Oil Gauge to Pin 2 and when I check the box to enable wide band I get an error message flashing on the screen that says innovate error. I can't figure out what I've done wrong. I'm also getting a very high knock count like anywhere from 185 - 240 that can't be accurate right, because there shouldn't be anyway to get a knock that high I would not think. Could someone help me with these issues?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 06:49 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by koolzero
Ok I got my evodroid hooked up and I hooked my AEM Uego to Pin 5 and my Boost to Pin 1 and my Oil Gauge to Pin 2 and when I check the box to enable wide band I get an error message flashing on the screen that says innovate error. I can't figure out what I've done wrong. I'm also getting a very high knock count like anywhere from 185 - 240 that can't be accurate right, because there shouldn't be anyway to get a knock that high I would not think. Could someone help me with these issues?
Hamish is still working on AEM wideband support:

AEM wideband hasn't been programmed into evoDroid7 yet. I am working on it at the moment.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by psfp
Hamish is still working on AEM wideband support:
Oh bummer. But, on the evoscan evodroid start page it says this:

Pin_5 Wideband
(Rx Receive) External Serial Input for External Wideband (i.e. serial cable wire from LC1, AEM or ZT2)
Normally you just need to connect the single serial cable wire from the wideband Tx wire and also connect up the black ground wire.. and this will work when you tick the Wideband option on the EvoDroid
sometimes referred to as UART or Serial+5v/-5v.
Any idea on why my Knock count is so high? Any why I also I can't seem to get boost or oil pressure gauges to appear on screen, should AEM boost and AEM oil gauges show up? Do I need to download a different template?

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review