Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In for updates
Old Apr 17, 2014, 02:44 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I bought one of these, supposedly shipped April 15th but I haven't heard anything
the FAQ's section references some account login that would tell me, but I can't seam to find that link after logging in...half their website is broken and the forums page doesn't even exist.

Last edited by ikt; Apr 17, 2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$200 you could have mine
Old Apr 22, 2014, 07:28 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by limaynard
Hamish, having used the software for a while now I was wondering if we could get a status update on bugs and feature requests and what would be in the next version.

Firstly we need to compile a list of them.

1. template switching doesn't work which means that you can only have one gauge display.
2. having to unplug the cable to get it to reconnect.
3. circular bar gauges work but linear bar gauges don't work.
4. trigger images don't work.

Also it would be useful to have a list of compatible tablets.

My Samsung Galaxy tab 3 works very well but with one bug that has a workaround.

Thanks...
Hopefully this is not what is being sold on his website. I paid for a finished product. if some half baked android project arrives, I'm going to be even more upset.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:57 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry for the delay, We are just waiting for some more dual core touch screens to arrive. Both EMS Air and DHL Air have returned the cartons to the factory, EMS and DHL are too scared to airfreight Lithium batteries now. I'm not sure what has changed this month. Hoping to get them delivered in the next week via UPS, then I can ship them out.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry if i didn't mention it was my water temp that doesn't read. My air temp works just fine.
Originally Posted by Ben_wiggins
In the Original XML file:

line 25: Display: Air Temperature, Log Reference: AirTemp xxxxxxxx

looks like this..

In the XML that i have changed:

line 25: Display: Air Temperature, Log Reference: MAFAirTempScaled (copy line 26 from Log reference on and put into line 25. line 26 should be "MAF Air Temp Scaled"

this seems to be working for me with intake temps 2 deg higher than ambient. and rises by 5 - 10 deg on WOT.

Anyone please chime in if i am actually logging way off track!

hope that helps Grimgrak
Old Apr 29, 2014, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I'm gathering that I am not the only one that got a tablet preloaded with Evoscan but it does not log and it is an absolute nightmare to try to get it to work. Am I correct? I just want to make sure that I didn't just receive a bad unit.

Also I tried copying the xml from my pc based Evoscan to the tablet but it still will not log correctly. Now what? Please help!!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beta Product

Yes it is still very much a beta product.
It has been out a while but there has not been any updates or improvements.
I have one and it is sitting in the bottom of one of my draws.

In my opinion I would avoid it until if/when it ever gets updated. Others may have different opinions.
Old May 1, 2014, 02:36 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by 11xgsr
So I'm gathering that I am not the only one that got a tablet preloaded with Evoscan but it does not log and it is an absolute nightmare to try to get it to work. Am I correct? I just want to make sure that I didn't just receive a bad unit.

Also I tried copying the xml from my pc based Evoscan to the tablet but it still will not log correctly. Now what? Please help!!
email me your xml file I will try it out in my car. and correct the file if anything is missing.

Cheers,
Hamish.
Old May 1, 2014, 02:41 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by limaynard
Hamish, having used the software for a while now I was wondering if we could get a status update on bugs and feature requests and what would be in the next version.

Firstly we need to compile a list of them.

1. template switching doesn't work which means that you can only have one gauge display.
2. having to unplug the cable to get it to reconnect.
3. circular bar gauges work but linear bar gauges don't work.
4. trigger images don't work.

Also it would be useful to have a list of compatible tablets.

My Samsung Galaxy tab 3 works very well but with one bug that has a workaround.

Thanks...
Thanks limaynard, I have started programming some more features this week, such as Trigger images, linear gauges, and template switching, and gauge designer.exe updates.

2. having to uplug the cable, I can't replicate. I will try some stress testing like turning the key on and off multiple times.

5. they are all compatible tablets, unless the manufacturer has destroyed the USB plug android kernel code with fancy stuff.. which is not common. the resolution is quite often the thing, but I will make a youtube video showing how to make any resolution gauge using the gauge designer.
Old May 2, 2014, 09:19 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
Thanks limaynard, I have started programming some more features this week, such as Trigger images, linear gauges, and template switching, and gauge designer.exe updates.

2. having to uplug the cable, I can't replicate. I will try some stress testing like turning the key on and off multiple times.

5. they are all compatible tablets, unless the manufacturer has destroyed the USB plug android kernel code with fancy stuff.. which is not common. the resolution is quite often the thing, but I will make a youtube video showing how to make any resolution gauge using the gauge designer.
You probably won't do any of this.

Thanks for selling us all hardware and software that you KNEW to be unfinished.

Last edited by ikt; May 19, 2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old May 2, 2014, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hamish, for those of us that have recently ordered one, will you be shipping them out by the 6th of May?
Old May 4, 2014, 09:08 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Faisalm
Hamish, for those of us that have recently ordered one, will you be shipping them out by the 6th of May?
Old May 5, 2014, 09:18 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Faisalm
Hi Faisalm, yes that is correct. today is the 6th and they are all packaged up ready for the courier pickup. Our latest batch is all sold out, and all orders up until 1st May, yours included will be sent today. The next batch will be sent 26th May.
Old May 13, 2014, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evodroid7 Arrival

To every person that was skeptical about Hamish's professionalism and his product, I give you the Evodroid7:

Name:  IMG_20140513_151247_zps0eee368a.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  59.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20140513_153659_zps266e0099.jpg
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20140513_152929_zpsc65e3b73.jpg
Size:  70.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20140513_154314_zps2051d8ef.jpg
Size:  74.1 KB

I just received this today (it was shipped on the 6th of May). The 2 items in the separate plastic bags of the first photo are the right angle charging cable and the right angle extension. The suction cup holder is also in the picture, just above the box, it just isn't clear because I cleverly took a picture of a black item on a black rug, and I'm too lazy to take another picture.

As you can see in the last photo, if any of you are looking to do a double din conversion, such as myself, it will need the slightest, and I mean SLIGHTEST, of trimming to be done on the double din cover in order for it to sit tight and flush.

Obviously you won't be able to reach the power button if you are going to do that, but I believe Hamish has wonderfully enabled the device to shut off with the ignition via the 1.3DA cable. If he hasn't then there are programs on Android that will do that for you as well as other alternatives.

From what I can see at the moment, the device itself is fast (512 MB RAM). SD cards are included in the kit as well. Visit the Evoscan website for more technical information on the device itself.

Everything you need is already installed on the device, including Candy Crush! The cameras on the device are extremely impressive (5MB) as well.

Now we all know the purpose of this device is to make data logging much easier on us. I'll attempt over the next couple of days or so to make a thorough review of how well it functions on Android.

So thank you Hamish for the expedited delivery and e-mail responses. And to those who bashed and flamed Hamish to the end of next month, please reconsider your situation as Hamish has clearly stated that he is under a lot of pressure with his personal life along with his business life.

I assure you 100% I have no affiliation with Evoscan / Hamish whatsoever, I am just a customer as many of us are. I'm just saying it as it is, or from what I see.

Last edited by Faisalm; May 13, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review