Notices
ECU Flash

Found Thermo Fan Switch Conditions

Old Aug 2, 2013, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
ive gotta have the xml input somewhere...

what version of ecuflash are you using?
The latest 1.44.3721
Old Aug 7, 2013, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any help? I tried it on my mac and got the same thing. If you have it in your 88591715 xml can you upload it so I can try it?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand the pwm signal for the radiator fans, and it seems that it is +ve when fan is on.
Is this a +5v signal? If so, in a 1g conversion is it as simple as running a solid state relay on the pwm signal to run the fans as variable speed?

Thankyou
Old Aug 21, 2013, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

On my 1g i have my duty cycle table set to either 0 or 100 and use a standard relay. Have had zero issues and its been like this for over a year.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Reviving from the dead to ask the question in a more "lame man" form. I apologize in advance as I'm not as savvy as most on here when it comes to ECUflash.

I eliminated my AC a while back, but have the wiring for the condenser fan still present. What I'm wanting to do is use this to add a second fan to my radiator for additional cooling.

I understand for a fact that using AEM, I can do this. So theoretically it is possible to do this with the stock ecu, right? Has anyone else done this, and if so what tables do I need to address to control it?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Us its possible.
The fan control tables have a column for the second thermo to come in on extreme conditions, simply set that desired temp and away you go.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Just looked thru my 941 rom, is it the "thermo fan Duty above 20kph" under Misc. calibration?
Thx
Old Apr 18, 2014, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Bump of an old thread (again). I just loaded table xmls into my rom with the intent to modify both the thermo fan and condenser fan controls. I think I pulled all the definitions in that I need, but the tables to not make sense right now. See attached.

I modified the main and main+ac columns in the thermo fan tables to bring the thermo fan on earlier and faster. The ac columns were already at 100 in every cell. What do they do? The ac fan is not on all the time. Has anyone figured out what they are used for? I've seen description that main is thermo fan speed when ac off, and main+ac is thermo fan speed when ac is on.

For the AC fan control tables, do these values make sense to anyone? I'm guessing the low duty table is referencing the thermo fan tables. If I put less than 23 in the table it will use low speed relay. Greater will use high speed relay. The ac fan high speed, high coolant and high rpm tables seem to be not used. The valves for on off are the same and out of the normal operating range.

AC main coolant table seems like it is trying to turn the fan on at 149 and back off at 158??? That is a low temp. It may also be labeled wrong. If anything, I would expect a fan on temp higher than the fan off, so the fan comes on when the high trip is reached and does not shut off until the low is attained (hysteresis).

AC Main TPS might be ok, since it will kill the whole AC system above 82% throttle and bring it back on after you let off. This fits with normal operation, so the load on the motor is reduced when you are asking for full motor power.

If anyone has experience with these tables and their function, please chime in. I have not started playing with them in the car yet. Might be able to next week.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Screen shot attached.
Attached Thumbnails Found Thermo Fan Switch Conditions-fan-control-screen-shot.jpg  
Old Nov 11, 2015, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by psushoe
Bump of an old thread (again). I just loaded table xmls into my rom with the intent to modify both the thermo fan and condenser fan controls. I think I pulled all the definitions in that I need, but the tables to not make sense right now. See attached.
Hi guys! Maybe someone can describe the parameters affecting the operation of the fans?
I've a quiestion: how to set the ranges for the activate the AC fans? - "AC fan high coolant"/"AC main coolant" or change parameters in "thermo fan duty"?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
this is what i have:

my FBA bit is set to zero. theres a chance that i copied over xml into the tephra base file since i was running a few options on my stock rom though.
Does any one has these 2 Thermo fan tables for 9653 v7 rom ?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 02:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Does any one has these 2 Thermo fan tables for 9653 v7 rom ?
Yes, they are in my version of that.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Raceghost
Yes, they are in my version of that.
hi Ryan. Can you please send me the tables for thermo fan or XML . Whatever suits you. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 01:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
(Post 72)https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ml#post8408915

This is the ticket bud. Verified with mine.
The following users liked this post:
mines5 (Oct 14, 2016)
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sorry to resurrect an old thread but i have a couple of questions regarding the values on the table. under engine temp the values are not complete. what do i adjust or change in the definition?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Found Thermo Fan Switch Conditions