Notices
ECU Flash

how-to: control closed loop AFR with your wideband O2 system

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dudical26
how long did it take for the car to go from 14.7 to 20?

I know that the zeitronix will not spit out any readings for the first 30 seconds while it "warms up" wonder if this is causing an issue during startup?
Its almost immediate, the afr just starts plummeting.....I let the car idle plenty long enough the sensor should have been heated and the analog and serial were both spitting out #'s so the ZT2 would have been up and running.

The LC-1 was so easy to setup for this....not sure why the ZT2 is being such a bear! I guess try it on your car and share what you find, maybe I am doing something wrong? but i have checked and double checked......always a triple check I guess!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
It takes my LC-1 about 10-15 sec to go live. It could be an issue with the patch though. I'll have to take another look at it.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
It takes my LC-1 about 10-15 sec to go live. It could be an issue with the patch though. I'll have to take another look at it.
Yeah I def. gave it time......I mean the serial was spitting out #'s so it was def. live.

maybe I will try your old patch and see if it works?.....

I just cant imagine the calcs. not being right, when logging the stock O2 with analog/serial they both show 14.7ish driving around..
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Its probably the patch. I tested it in the simulator, but not on my own car. Sometimes the simulator doesn't do things exactly as the processor does. I give it a try on my drive home this evening.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Its probably the patch. I tested it in the simulator, but not on my own car. Sometimes the simulator doesn't do things exactly as the processor does. I give it a try on my drive home this evening.
Thanks - I just re-did the old patch, going to try it on my way home from work. I def. know it works because I used it for a good while, the LC-1 hiccups is the only reason I stopped using it.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Your old patch worked - started and ran fine. I changed my map to 15.6 and it bounced back and forth from 15.0-15.6, so it seems to work fine.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 03:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
By chance did you try re-doing the current patch? I had to go back through the steps for direct boost after hating myself for weeks trying to figure something out, and of course I missed copying one value that screwed it all up!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by travman
Just tried it during lunch......car starts fine, starts to idle at 14.7 then immediately goes leaner and leaner.....it went to 20.1 and the car started to die so I shut it off, will just flash back to stock O2.
I think I found the problem. I'll post up a revised ROM this evening.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 09:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Found the problem. See the first post.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Great - I will try this next week, thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

im going to be away for the weekend but I will give the new rom a shot when I get back.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so I have edited the new patch to my .xml file and transferred over all of the values from the rom given by mrfred (edited tonight w/ new revision), but when I open up "cold engine closed loop afr" my value is "..." is this a scaling issue? The reason why I ask is when I click "edit map" I have "none" for scaling. I looked @ the patch for the .xml and scaling was "AFR16" but there is no "AFR16" there is only AFR. I have tried changing it to AFR and it still read "..."

I am having a ZT-2 w/ LCD installed on Mon. and I wanna makes sure I have my ish together! any ideas?

TIA
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nonschlont
Ok so I have edited the new patch to my .xml file and transferred over all of the values from the rom given by mrfred (edited tonight w/ new revision), but when I open up "cold engine closed loop afr" my value is "..." is this a scaling issue? The reason why I ask is when I click "edit map" I have "none" for scaling. I looked @ the patch for the .xml and scaling was "AFR16" but there is no "AFR16" there is only AFR. I have tried changing it to AFR and it still read "..."

I am having a ZT-2 w/ LCD installed on Mon. and I wanna makes sure I have my ish together! any ideas?
ok so Seems like AFR is the correct scaling... I closed the program completely and re-opened it up and "7.4" was the new value... Isnt that a bit rich? Has any1 changed "cold engine closed loop afr" and what values have u used?

TIA
Old Sep 27, 2008, 08:19 AM
EvoM Guru

You must be using an older ROM xml file. I added the AFR16 scaling to the items in the first post. Go ahead and copy it to your ROM xml file.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Well I made another attempt at using this new patch vs. the old patch and I am still having problems. The car fires and idles but the afr is 16-17 no matter what is in the map....I go back to the old version and it works like a charm?

Mrfred any ideas what could be causing this? have you tried it on your car yet?

Quick Reply: how-to: control closed loop AFR with your wideband O2 system