ECU Flash

PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)

Hi All,

After many months of testing I have decided to release the AltMap patch. Partly spured on my John's Live Map editing hopefully this will give you other ROMID's some map switching lovin'

To the guys that donated to the NLTS patch - thanks very much it's good to know my effots are appreciated! Hopefully some of the others can contribute as well!

My philosophy is 'Donate what your think its worth, and what you can afford' - donation link at bottom of post

Initially I will only be releasing this patch for ICS-equipped Evo's as most of the Patch Features relate or need the ICS button I will try and come up with an alternate enable/disable action for the other ROMID's out there!

INSTRUCTIONS
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh....php?p=4830835 Thanks Zach
These are old instructions but should provide a pretty decent starting point

WHAT YOU GET:
Knock CEL - simliar to my previous patch, however there are now 2 levels of knock threshold, a low and a high, each with different flashing speeds.
Valet/Security Mode - the same as my previous patch, however now includes AutoValet option + two different speeds of flashing, slow = valet OFF, fast = valet ON
No lift to shift - same as before, but now with a Load Thresold for those downshift blippers.
Intercooler spray state restore - this remembers the last state you had it in.
Intercooler spray linger - this just keeps spraying when you hit manual for your pre-defined period of time.
Intercooler spray on knock - as per title, I usually keep it disabled because it uses too much water :P
Alternate Map Support - as per title, gives you 4 additional maps (low_oct fuel+timing and high_oct fuel+timing). Maps can be switched by holding down the "Auto ICS" button for a predefined period of time.

TESTING IT YOURSELF:
Yes please test all the features yourself after you flash and before you drive the car silly I have made a lot of changes since the last patch and with changes come bugs.

PRE-PATCHED ROMS:
94170008 - V4.2 SEMI TESTED BY Evoryder, laakness
94170015 - V4.2 WARNING TOTALLY UNTESTED

I will be posting up the pre-modified stock roms as I get around to patching them. And once I get time

CAVEATS/BUGS:
ENDIAN BS with ECUFLASH - Use the XML provided which matches your EcuFlash version.
DELETE YOUR OLD XML FROM THE PREVIOUS KNOCKCEL PATCH BEFORE YOU EDIT YOUR NEW ROM

DISCLAIMER:
If you don't understand ANY of this DON'T FLASH, please ask questions in this thread! Also if you get ANY WEIRD/UNEXPECTED results then flash back to stock! If your car explodes don't blame me

DONATIONS:
As I said before donate whatever you think its worth + whatever you can afford!!!
Paypal (donations at globalshare dot net)

Cheers
Dave

Last edited by tephra; Dec 30, 2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:04 PM
EvoM Guru

TESTING PROCEEDURES
1) ICS State Restore - this is easy, turn the IGN ON, push the auto button (your green light so come on) - now turn the IGN OFF and take the key out and wait a few moments, then turn the IGN back ON - if successfully the green light should come back on automatically!

2) ICS Linger - easy! press the manual spray button, the ICS spray should keep spraying for amount of time you entered in ECUFlash

3) ICS Spray on Knock - set the Knock threshold to 1, and load to 50 - go for a drive and you should hear the spray relay clicking on/off whenever you get knock. When using this for real you probably want knock threshold of 3 and load of 180 otherwise you will empty your bottle VERY quick!

4) Auto Valet - just turn this option to '1' and whenever you start the car (after taking the key out of the IGN for a little while) the car should automatically enable your valet/security RPM limiter.

5) AltMap - this is hard to verify its working correctly, What you CAN do is copy your Low Octane Fuel + Timing maps to the "Alternate Maps" and then drive around and turn the AltMap on/off - You should feel the difference in power. Please be careful testing this because it could make your car go BOOM

Reserved for any future notes/instructions

Last edited by tephra; Dec 17, 2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Tephra! I've been using your other patch for awhile now and it works great. I have an 05' so I'm anxiuosly awaiting a way to use the Altmap on my 05'
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Hey Drifto, No problems.

As long as your car (and I don't think yours does) has the Intercooler Spray setup then this patch can be ported 'as is'.

For the cars that DONT have ICS then I will find another way to enable the altmap stuff soonish

Cheers
Dave
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
Hey Drifto, No problems.

As long as your car (and I don't think yours does) has the Intercooler Spray setup then this patch can be ported 'as is'.

For the cars that DONT have ICS then I will find another way to enable the altmap stuff soonish

Cheers
Dave
Could fellows, such as myself, who don't have the ics button just wire in a momentary switch then connect it to the correct ECU pin and do it that way?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:27 PM
EvoM Guru

yes - but I would need to work with someone first to get it working properly. As the ICS code is disabled in the ECU as well!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know it wouldn't be such a huge issue to find an unused input tho the ecu and connect it to a switch to simulate the ICS switch. Even if their is no unused input I can thing of things that suck a lot (like the EGR temp) that can be safely removed.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:36 PM
EvoM Guru

I am pretty sure the ICS pin(s) would be unused already, its just a matter of sitting down and looking at 88580013/14/15 and checking out the situation + doing some logging + writting some code.

Once the initially flurry of V4 is over with I will get together with someone willing to pull apart this car for the greater good

Although it might just be easier to find another way of enabling the altmap with stock hardware! Like maybe hold the clutch down + TPS with the car not running...
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Can the map be switched with the motor running (idling)? Or does the engine have to be off but IGN on? Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Yes, I have put in a load threshold (I think the default is 110 load) so you can change maps anytime under this load.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
Yes, I have put in a load threshold (I think the default is 110 load) so you can change maps anytime under this load.
That's pretty cool. So you can basically change the map as you are cruising down the highway? Is that safe? Or is it better to switch them while idling? Will the map that is selected stay after the IGN is off and back on? Or does the ECU default to the non-alt map when the car is started?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:35 PM
EvoM Guru

I change maps all the time while on the HWY haha seems perfectly safe, however I did build in the load threshold just incase - shouldn't be changing maps on boost anyways

Defaults to whatever you had active the last time
Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Is it possible to have a light on to tell that the map are switched? May be the low fuel light for a more aggressive map.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:12 PM
EvoM Guru

oh yeah I forgot about that - the Green ICS light blinks slowly to show that you are using the "alternate maps"
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

speechless

Quick Reply: PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)