Notices
ECU Flash

Tutorial: How to scale your MAF [pics]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How to take advantage of the 2byte airflow by modifying the Airflow/Hz Raw Scaling

1) change the MUT 04 and MUT 05 values (see 1st post https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...te-thread.html)
now you have access to, as far as I know 3200Hz instead of the factory 1600Hz
to get any benefits from that you need to rescale your MAF

now would be a good time to log a run with as less parameters as possible to get the max measures as possible and know what kind of "2-byte" Hz you're going to reach with your current setup : TPS,RPM,load,2byteairflow,wideband,knocksum

think you can simply open the raw scaling or maf comp table and change the values in the Y axis ? nope sorry it will give you crazy numbers

2) open the "airflow/hz raw scaling" table edit menu -> edit map definition -> Y axis change the MAFHz scaling to uint16 -> OK
the Y axis will show bigger numbers than before but now you can modify them with "Set Data"

3) choose the Hz values you want to set in the Y axis and calculate them by using this formula : "uint16 value" = "Hz" x 10.175
for example I have : 315-31Hz in the 1st cell and 23341-2294Hz in the last

4) open the "airflow/hz raw scaling" edit menu -> edit map definition -> Y axis change the uint16 scaling to MAFhz -> OK

you're done, this will not mess up the non-2byte roms you may open

Last edited by Kakihara; Jun 2, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I understand how the op figured his calculation for his first number but how do you find the rest? If he's 23% off on the first one do you just scale the rest and add 23% to each value? And my LTFT mid and LTFT low aren't always the exact numbers when I log. Like my fuel trims might be 1-3% change every time so how do you compensate for this? My LTFT low is -0.79 to -3% and Mid is 0.19-1% so do I need to scale my Maf for 950cc or am I good based off close enough fuel trims. I guess I just don't understand if the injectors are scaled and afr's are close why you would have to scale your maf.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ApacheToYaDome
So I understand how the op figured his calculation for his first number but how do you find the rest? If he's 23% off on the first one do you just scale the rest and add 23% to each value? And my LTFT mid and LTFT low aren't always the exact numbers when I log. Like my fuel trims might be 1-3% change every time so how do you compensate for this? My LTFT low is -0.79 to -3% and Mid is 0.19-1% so do I need to scale my Maf for 950cc or am I good based off close enough fuel trims. I guess I just don't understand if the injectors are scaled and afr's are close why you would have to scale your maf.
It's like a finishing touch, prob not necessary if you're running fine.

I'd actually like to see what diameter CAI everyone is running, and what their corresponding MAF values are that work for them to give people a better idea of where to start adjusting from.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been trying to follow this DIY but can't seem to figure it out.

My evoscan says its unable to log short term fuel trim bank 1 and long term fuel trim bank 2. Although I'm able to log STFT and LTFT (non bank).

Code:
STFT:121.09375		LTFT:112.5												RPM:836.5			
AirTemp: 69.8	
MAF:29900
Those are my results at idle. I'm going to assume the STFT and LTFT values are l/min.

Are those the values I need to work with? Running tephra v7 evo ix.

Any help would be great!