Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 step ?

Got a question for ya, about our factory 2 step. Which anti-lag are we talking about here in Ecuflash? There are 2 tables under fuel: Boost enhancement (anti-lag)table and Boost enhancement enrich/enlean(anti-lag); 2 under timing: Boost enhancement Adv/Ret maps 1 & 2(anti-lag); 1 under limits that may or may not have any affect: Stationary rev limit set at 5000rpm; and finally 2 under turbo: Boost enhancement (anti-lag) stop RPM=4531rpm and start RPM=2500rpm. Which one do I change to raise my anti-lag? Obviously the stationary rev limit needs to be raised, but is that what most use for anti-lag? I'll do some searching but if anyone knows please advise, peace.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 06:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Our factory "2 step" doesnt seem to use the anti-lag maps that we can tell. Under fuel, the Boost Enhancement Enrich/enlean seems to alter my closed loop fueling AFR when I change it on my ECU.. So there is some question as to the function of some of the tables.

Under limits, the stationary rev limit is the launch RPM, the Boost Enhancement start and stop values appears to be either using one of the enrichment maps, in a window, or it controls the fuel pump voltage boost relay. I have not yet determined if IPW jumps when the fueling goes richer, or not.. If it doesnt, then the voltage boost to the pump is pushing more fuel through the injectors at the same IPW and its possible that setting controls that relay. Again, there is only data that correlates the RPM with the Fuel pump kicking into high at that RPM, but no additional data yet.

The stationary rev limit is the only one you alter.. USDM cars should not utilize any Anti-lag features that we're currently aware of, so you shouldn't have to change anything else. However if your feeling courageous enough, you can alter some of those settings and see how they affect things which would definitely put some real data out there and not just speculation.

In other words, just assume anti-lag doesn't exist in the USDM cars, and only set the standing rev limiter until we know more.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 06:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kreionic
Same question how do you get mitsulogger to work? I downloaded it to my desktop and when I would go click on it to install and it would ask me what program to chose to open it?
The download page where you get the file from contains a description of what this file is.. Its a RAR archive, and has to be extracted, its along the lines of a Zip file, it uses a program called Winrar by www.rarlabs.com

All you have to do is extract the files to a convenient location (a directory on your computer) and launch the program. If the cable is already installed properly and works with ECUFlash, then the program will find and use it.

I realize that an installer would make things easier for some to set up, but the program is so small and simple, that it didn't require it. Why create a 3mb download for a small app that is only a few hundred kilobytes large.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

You're the man once again, I'll keep everyone posted if I change any of the data in those tables and I'll include some logs. Thanks for the quick reply and keep up the good work, peace.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Where do download the DTC reader from? I looked on Aktivematrix and I didn't see it on the downloads. Is it part of mitsulogger or a seperate progeam in general?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Why do i get a .net framework error when i try to open Mitsulogger?
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kreionic
Where do download the DTC reader from? I looked on Aktivematrix and I didn't see it on the downloads. Is it part of mitsulogger or a seperate progeam in general?

Its there, when your logged into the site you should see several forums and links dedicated to the scan tool.

Its not the most straightforward program to get running, but the fact that its the only tool that currently works as an OBD-II scanner on the Tactrix cable is enough motivation.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by KOEvo
Why do i get a .net framework error when i try to open Mitsulogger?
One of three reasons..

1) Tactrix cable and drivers not installed
2) .NET 2.0 Framework not installed (or not properly installed)
3) your launching the app from a network share, when it must be launched from a local directory on your machine.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Can someone link me to the .net framework d/l site. I have tried everything google returned, and nothing has provided a viable link to the actual file.

I thought it was automatically installed w/ EcuFlash...?

j/k i think i got it; but if anyone is bored and has easy access to the link, i'm sure others will still find it very beneficial if someone can post it.

Last edited by KOEvo; Dec 22, 2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
Can someone link me to the .net framework d/l site. I have tried everything google returned, and nothing has provided a viable link to the actual file.
.net download is at MSFT (microsoft)....

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MJ - Is it possible for you to develop a way to log a PLX M-300 wideband similar to the ay the ECU+ does? I used to run an ECU+ but, have since switched to ECUflash and sold the ECU+. I really would like to be able to log from the M-300 but, right now I can not.

I'm sure you are aware but, the ECU+ would simply read from the 5v source from the M-300 to log.

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Without a serial output, you'd need some sort of hardware to convert the voltage to usable data.

In reality, as new things are found out about the ECU, and are documented, its not unreasonable to think we can use inputs on the ECU for that, but unfortunately its unlikely it'll happen any time soon.

You will need hardware to do this, which is what makes the ECU+ so great.. Its not difficult to develop a device that takes an analog input and converts it to a serial output, but not something I would do as its reinventing the wheel, you can buy devices (Innovate makes a device that takes analog input)

I had thought about using the MDP (the USDM lame 1 bar map sensor) input but just like when I use a GM 3 bar sensor on that input, it throws a CEL when it goes out of range.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MalibuJack, i was wondering why you dont upload a few maps for people to download and work with, just curious.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 06:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ChuckP
MalibuJack, i was wondering why you dont upload a few maps for people to download and work with, just curious.
Because maps really won't teach you anything, anyone can create a nonspecific base map with a wideband and basic logging, without fear of doing any damage, and you will learn alot more by doing that.

The truth of the matter is I don't really have the time to create any base maps. As I start collecting more of my own car specific tunes, I can use them to create a few base maps, but there's really nothing to gain.

Tuning is more about learning, then getting a starting point. What value is a base map if you didnt learn what it took to get there? It takes about an hour to "base tune" your personal car, and you get to learn from it while doing it.

A base tune consists of

1) Set your desired boost level conservatively (no more than 22psi on 93 octane)
2) Leaning out the AFR to something safe such as 10.5-10.0
3) Log your drives and pulls to make sure there's not much knock if any (very small amounts of knock are unavoidable, you just want to avoid it at peak boost and towards redline.
4) Adjust your timing, start very conservatively, usually base maps don't adjust much timing, just raise boost and lean out the AFR's
5) Test drive the car for awhile

Additional things you can do..

1) Change Rev limiter value (not recommended for new tunes)
2) Set or alter standing rev limiter (again, not recommended the first time)
3) Set boost control if its still done with the ECU
4) Set fuel cut and idle settings if required.

If you have aftermarket injectors, then you have to scale the injectors properly first, generally I leave a stock tune on the car, set scaling and latency and make adjustments (this has been documented in a few locations on how its done) until your fuel trims are within a reasonable range (within +/- 5% or so) Then do a test run with stock boost levels, if the AFR's under load are close to the number shown in the fuel map, then your scaling is real close and you can work from there. If not, its no big deal, I just do that so the number in the Maps, are close to what my wideband reads. Its not necessary to do that, but when it does work, it means that the injectors are scaled in such a way, that additional modifications you do that alter the airflow and hence shift load and AFR slightly, will alter it in a predictable manner that is expected.

If your given a base map, it removes this specific learning curve which is the basis of understanding the concepts of tuning. Anyone can come back and make random changes and say their cars are tuned, but they may not know enough about what has changed to be able to troubleshoot a tough tuning situation.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Without a serial output, you'd need some sort of hardware to convert the voltage to usable data.
Jack - can you use the serial output the AEM UEGO WB provides and tie that into the logging ???

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions