Notices
ECU Flash

Mitsulogger v1 Officially Released

Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mitsulogger v1 Officially Released

www.aktivematrix.com

(Specific thread http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75 )

This is the release version of Mitsulogger v1

It has all the features that the beta version had, nothing added except for fixes..

all planned additional features (Map tracing, wideband) will show up as plugins for the v2 release that is due shortly.

This logger is fast.. It samples as fast or faster than the other loggers out there, mainly because the GUI runs in a seperate thread than the logging.

YOu can now start and stop logging as many times as you like without having to exit the program. You also can exit the program and whatnot and it will correctly shut down without an error. Stopping logging no longer throws an error under some circumstances.

Please get the word out about this app. Its Free, works well, and the v2 version will have alot more features.

This logger is also quite a bit more flexible with calculations than any of the others since it fully implements VBScript formula evaluation. Its also faster for the same reason (no parsing needed)
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Jack!
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

awesome work MJ.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:36 PM
EvoM Guru

I can't believe it took this long to finally find a bug that prevented the program from running with the new tactrix drivers. Turned out to be something incredibly simple.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Jack you rule, I cant wait to try it first thing in the morning.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

MJ,

You must have a very understanding wife!

I am in the doghouse sometimes even when I am on the clock building web apps...I can't win. LMAO
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:39 PM
EvoM Guru

I always cringe on a new release waiting for the bug reports, or that I really fouled something up and didn't catch it.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by chmodlf
MJ,

You must have a very understanding wife!

I am in the doghouse sometimes even when I am on the clock building web apps...I can't win. LMAO
My wife married me knowing my lifestyle and work ethic.. She gets annoyed with me occasionally, but understands that these things are being done to help establish myself in the industry so I can one day hopefully make a few dollars doing the things I love. Plus, she's away in florida this week.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:43 PM

Sweet thx MalibuJack. Going to borrow the wife to click the start logging botton. (can you hotkey it?)
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
MJ,

Thanks a lot.

I openned the XML file and found this line:

"For the moment, request parameters are order dependent, this will be fixed"

Does that mean that I cannot move the order in which the parameters are logged. Since I use an Xede to determine my timing, I would rather have RPM, Timing, KS logged in that order. This makes it easier to copy these three columns into an excel file to figure out my xede timing. Is that possible?

Last edited by nj1266; Oct 22, 2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 02:20 PM
EvoM Guru

It was a note to myself about the XML Parameters within each line... You can change the requestID order around, it means the order of the parameters in the LINE are order dependent.. So if you move the parameters in the request itself, such as moving logged="n" to a spot earlier in the line, it will "foul up" the order of the parameters and may not work correctly. This was somewhat of an oversight kludgy solution because the built-in microsoft XML parser was insisting I handle the file differently and didn't want to fuss with it for the moment.

Only the custom requests ( the requestid="FF") must come after the legit ones otherwise the most current values won't be available to the custom request. In reality, only the ones you need "Must" appear before, but that obviously makes sense.

It was actually a stupid error I had made when I wrote the XML parser, it still persists in this version, but won't apply in v2

Last edited by MalibuJack; Oct 22, 2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good Jack, just awaiting AEM wideband integration!

AEM wideband pretty easy to integrate, RS232.... Just gotta have option to pick what com port it is on. Connection info below.

Bits Per Second = 9600
Data Bits = 8
Parity = None
Stop Bits = 1
Flow Control = Hardware
Old Oct 22, 2006, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

thanks Jack!

just downloaded v1 and will test it out this week sometime. cant wait for v2 w/ wideband support. Any chance PLX's devices will be supported??
Old Oct 22, 2006, 04:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Different widebands will be supported.. TurboXS, PLX are both planned initially, then more to follow once there's a skeleton module.

I do need packet details, the AEM should be pretty easy because it just streams AFR data as strings..

I will probably release a Universal Logger that uses VBScript where you can interact with the device you want data, and format it yourself to the output, this will allow end-users to create logging tools to work with nearly anything, additionally once the code is created, it can very quickly get ported over to a new standalone module (it will be part of the development kit) which is what has been taking so long.. Since I have to create the specifications on how the modules will interact with the app, before I can create modules.

The last thing I want is to hack together code that I will need to rewrite or modifiy for every device out there.. This way with plugins, you pick the ones you want to use..

Some can interact with the GUI, all have Config, some can be used while logging, some can be used before or after logging, some can be used to work with data, etc.. Just spec'ing out how its supposed to do all that.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 04:18 AM
Evolving Member

Used it this morning on my ride to work.......logs worked great, never shut down or got an error even though my lap top when into conserv mod and all the data just seems smoother ( Im a very technical guy as you can tell). Load was spot on. It has now officially replaced evoscan as my ecu logger ( still run ECUplus for additional logging) And the fuel trim data makes way more sense to me) Jack thank you very much for this tool!

FYI I logged about 1/2 hour worth of driving....this logger makes it very easy to spot transitions from closed to open loop. thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mitsulogger v1 Officially Released