Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

TWO STEP launch control - Details Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2005, 09:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWO STEP launch control - Details Thread

Guys - after a LOT of time send searching hexidecimal codes and testing I am very pleased to announce that I have finally perfected the TWO STEP boost building launch control in the stock ecu

The is a drag style launching aide so you keep the gas floored when you stop and the cars holds the perfect rpm and builds boost at the line - this gives you a wild kick off the line

I have it set as follows at this point

6050 RPMS set at dead stop in 1st

Car quickly builds 13 - 14 psi of boost

I can tailor the RPM point to match personal preference

This feature is now an optional selction on ALL DYNO FLASH ecus 2003, 2004 and 2005

THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE for this feature - its included for free with all NEW tunes (custom or mail in)

THOSE WITH AN EXISTING MAIL IN OR CUSTOM TUNE MAY ADD THIS FEATURE FOR $40.00 WEHN I AM ON LOCATION IN VARIOUS REMOTE TUNING LOCATIONS

The reason why I am instituting a service charge for this item is becuase it takes me a significant amount of time to adjust the maps for this feature and install the new file into your ecu. In the past three tuning trips, I have wound up going several hours late on my scheduled appointments due to numerous people showing up unnanounced to get the new two step added to their tune.

I AM NOT ADDING THE TWO STEP TO ANY EXISITING FLASHES THROUGH THE MAIL AT THIS TIME

The reason why i am not doing these through the mail is that I simply have a hard time already keeping up with demand to flash all ecus and get them out the same day at this time. If I start getting 10 and 15 ecus a day in to add the two step I will no longer be able to get all ecu's out by fed ex the same day they arrive.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION in this regard

CAUTION - BEWARE - * * - This is a HIGH PERFORMANCE UPGRADE and has the potential to break drivetrain parts and melt clutches if you are not familiar with the proper clutch slipping method- * * The power you get off the line is a lot more than the stock set up - this is NOT FOR EVERYONE
Old Dec 11, 2005, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

thats awsome al!
Old Dec 11, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

When will you be near El Paso, Tx next??

I heard you were in AZ. last weekend, but I had a business trip in the other direction...
Old Dec 11, 2005, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor

time to hire a helper..
Old Dec 11, 2005, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Al,
Since you are familiar with my turbo kit and stroker setup, do you mind speculating how this new feature would affect my 1/4 times? Assuming about 555whp and 500wtq with and without your new 2 step.

Thanks,
Smoggy
Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

is it possible to add flatshift?
Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

I just had it installed yesterday with my custom flash...but I don't plan on using it until I go to the track!
Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good stuff. AL Did you already come 2 DC on friday or did you reschedule because of the weather?
Old Dec 11, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
is it possible to add flatshift?
+1
Old Dec 11, 2005, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DCSilvrEvo
Good stuff. AL Did you already come 2 DC on friday or did you reschedule because of the weather?
Yeah, he was here this weekend. I got the very last tune this afternoon, and I'm a happy man. We first tested my previous tune, which was a mail-in flash plus some minor SAFC adjustments. The AFRs were just about perfect as well as the timing with no knock even on a 4th gear pull, but we then turned off the S-AFC and got to business on the flash itself. In the end, I got a nice, smooth tune that works in 3rd and 4th, but I also got the launch control!!

I tested it out twice, and it was badass. I got a lot of tire spin, since I was on Blizzaks and regular pavement, but with my Advans and a prepped drag strip, this thing will be killer. I was seeing 9-10psi in the brief glimpses I got when bouncing off the 6k limiter, so that should be awesome. Also, there may be an answer to the flatshifting question, but I'll let Al address it...
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't seen it mentioned yet anywhere, but Al you might want to let everyone know not to get this mod if they run a catalytic converter. I know a lot of people don't run cats but in California etc. there are alot of modded people running cats that would probably melt or at least get severely plugged if they used the launch control more than a couple of times.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor

and most people dont flatshift unless you are a really seasoned veteren with shifting your car, or other cars in the same instance.. as al said this isnt for everyone, flatshifting included...
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

what is flatshifting
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor

shifting without letting off the throttle..
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Is this only on the 2005?

Quick Reply: TWO STEP launch control - Details Thread