Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

11.80 @118.57 - 1st Evo into 11's !

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2003, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wait wait .... the 0 - 60 mph took only 1.65 sec ???
Old Jun 25, 2003, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wojo
I just placed an order for Perrin Short Shifter. I will be installing it this weekend. Any particular issues with the installation?
Vivid Racing is selling it. I believe that they have it in stock. It bolts in in a few easy mins.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

great, seems easy then... my rsx one wasnt too hard but i f'd it up...lol
-shahul
Old Jun 25, 2003, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by olegpro01
wait wait .... the 0 - 60 mph took only 1.65 sec ???
huh? thats 60ft...not 0-60....

-shahul
Old Jun 25, 2003, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Shahul X

huh? thats 60ft...not 0-60....

-shahul

obviously not a drag racer..
Old Jun 25, 2003, 09:49 AM

Al, awesome job dude. I hope to see low 11's from you at the shootout. :-)

By the way guys, Al is insane. I have seen him do tons of doughnuts in a Viper and 911 Twin Turbo Porche. :-)

With a new clutch and bigger Injectors, your current setup should yield even better numbers.

Congrats again!

-Gary A
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:15 AM

congrats Al

My partner Anthony was the guy who came over to you and shook your hand after your 11.8 run! We were laughing cause you got the same "get the hell outta here until you get a cage speech on the return road" that I got when we cracked 11's in my Audi S4! It's a great feeling knowing that the rocket under your *** is so fast you need cranial protection ; )) Anyway the EVO we were tuning(red with OZ superlegarras) ran a 12.7@109 on our tuned ECU, 3 inch turbo back and cone filter(no boost modification)! we were running about 97 octane cause the owner came to the track with a 1/2 tank of pump gas, so we couldn't get any more aggressive with the programming last night due to that as well as the horrendous ambient temps.

Great job Al,
Mark
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Speedlimit

And he removed the seats? Do you ever go to the track? When the cars are in the staging area, the pit area looks like a garage sale for seats and tools and tires!

Speedlimit...
Speedlimit,

You know that certain maroon Galant that never remove his interior or runs nitrous and he runs very very fast times.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Amazingly - in every respect the driveability - feel and response is better than stock! The mods I did - they didn't hurt anything - only negative thing is a very slightly lumpy idel from the cams - otherwise it performs as stock until you hit the boost

I have the tien FLEX - the car handles much better than stock the ride on the soft settings is not bad
Hey Al,

It's been fun reading about the progress you've been making with your mods. Congrats on breaking into the 11's.

I was wondering how the ride is with the Tein Flex. Do you have EDFC also? How do the Teins compare to the stock springs and dampers, when on the softest settings? When I get an Evo, I will have to drive in the city a lot, and the ride quality is a factor. Are the Teins capable of being adjusted to softer than stock?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:41 AM

Congrats Al
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:56 AM

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
If this was a WRX - it would be the 3rd fastest EVER in the US
C'mon Al, give us some credit. I can think of 9 WRX's in the US off the top of my head that run better than 11.8

Hey, congrats on the run though, especially the 1.65 60' time, that's awesome! I always see people on NASIOC giving you sh*t about your driving ability - perhaps you should post your slip over there too if you haven't already and show 'em what's up! I doubt there are too many guys there that can lay down better 60 foots than 1.65. Good driving.

One thing though...
I want to know what your beloved new Evo REALLY runs Al...IOW if I pull up next to you at a stoplight I know you're not going to run an 11 on me. Next time you're at the track, try doing a run with your full, as you drive it normally interior, on pump gas, sans n2o, and let us know what she will really do on the street at any stoplight in America. Regardless of your time (I know it will be less, no biggie, it's more realistic), I'll be more impressed with it than an obviously drag-strip-only run. Not to take away from your achievement, just wanting to see how a modded Evo does on the street
Old Jun 25, 2003, 11:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally posted by blitz118

Speedlimit,

You know that certain maroon Galant that never remove his interior or runs nitrous and he runs very very fast times.

Yes indeed. Have you seen his turbo? One of the nicest guys at the track by the way!

Speedlimit..
Old Jun 25, 2003, 12:57 PM

Hey Al, what fuel injectors do you plan to go with, and what is your fuel pressure regulator set at?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Very impressive! Now I want to see an Evo hit the 11's on pump gas. Otherwise it is of no use on the streets. I would like that performance on public roads.I'd be able to smoke anything on the street!
Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: engine management

Originally posted by trigeek37

I thought the E-Manage only did fuel stuff and wasn't a true ecu replacement??

I took the following from Greddy's Website:

"The e-Manage is a "piggy-back", which taps into factory ECU wiring and utilizes the existing sensors. The "e-Manage Support Tool" software allows for a 16x16 Airflow Adjustmemt Map, Larger Main Injector correction adjustment, Upgrade Air Flow Meter adjustment, Boost Limiter Cut, Anti-engine Stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, Real-time Map Trace, Real-time Display, Real-time Communication, and basic Data-logging. "

In my experience w/ forced induction get whatever engine management your tuner is used to working with, whether it be e-Manage, AEM, Haltech, Pwer FC, Link, Autronic, Motec, Tec II, Accell, PMS, Microtec, Speedpro, etc, etc.

The system is only as good as the Tuner.

Last edited by 954DRGSR; Jun 25, 2003 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: 11.80 @118.57 - 1st Evo into 11's !