Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Bosch 044, Aeromotive Stealth 340, Deatschwerks DW300, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump Test

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosch 044, Aeromotive Stealth 340, Deatschwerks DW300, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump Test

A little while back two new fuel pumps came onto the market; the Aeromotive Stealth 340 and the Deatschwerks DW300. Being the same size as the standard Walbro 255lph and flowing numbers similar to the 044 its needless to say we were very interested. As soon as both pumps were received I flow tested them against the common Walbro 255lph and Bosch 044 and I was pleasantly surprised. The flow chart along with an amperage chart are below. The flow test was done on the same day, same test rig, and used the same fluid. The test was performed at 14V.

At the moment we have all of these pumps in stock.

Aeromotive Stealth 340

Deatschwerks DW300

Bosch 044

Walbro 255lph

Name:  FuelPumpflowchart1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  Fuelpumpameragechart1.jpg
Size:  26.1 KB

Last edited by Scottr126; Jul 23, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

That aeromotive is a power hungry little sucker...
I think I'll stick with the 044 as it's proven, but for those who need a drop in, the 340/jay racing 255 (same pump) would be sweet
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Scott post up the comparison with the other pump you just tested. You know which one I am talking about.

Mitch
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Very informative. Thanks. Easy to see that the DW and Aeromotive pumps are not the same, and that the amperage requirements for full flow suggest that some people's problems with the DW are probably due to needing a rewire to make the DW (and Aeromotive) flow properly.

I've got a few questions perhaps you can answer:

- Is the Aeromotive any louder than the DW?

- A friend had fuel overrun at idle with the DW. Have you seen this, and would an aftermarket FPR fix this, or does the whole return line need to be replaced?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Scott/AMS

Thank for doing this

For the record, DW did not know AMS was doing this.

We have obviously flowed all of these pumps, as well as others, many times. In our testing against the Aeromotive, our pump flow intersected with the Aero flow at about 80psi and flowed the same above that. Not questioning these results, just sharing what we have tested

Also glad you showed amperage draw, as many don't understand or take that into consideration. We purposely considered amperage draw and kept it lower in exchange for less heat, a bit less flow at lower pressures, in addition to working better with OE wiring. Although, we still do recommend that for full performance at high pressures to hardwire the pump if the OE wiring can not support it.

And since we are EVOM sponsors, we will take the time to point out our 3yr warranty, long term E85 testing, E85 compatibility, correct polarity to match OE wiring, and our applications specific installation kits

We also will be releasing more installation kits very soon

-Mike Deatsch
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a chart throwing a Bugatti Veyron fuel pump into the mix. The only problem with the Veyron fuel pump is its shaped so darn weird and the inlet and oulet are somewhat odd also.

Name:  Bugattitest.jpg
Size:  26.1 KB

Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
Scott post up the comparison with the other pump you just tested. You know which one I am talking about.

Mitch
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

What fuel setup have the Veyron? Only this pump, or two of them?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eTiLiKo
What fuel setup have the Veyron? Only this pump, or two of them?
I have no idea..lol

Here is where I got it from: http://www.injectedperformance.com/i...owfuelpump.htm
Old Jul 22, 2011, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

The Aeromotive wasnt noticeably louder than the Deatschwerks, atleast I dont remember it being.

I haven't ran any of these pumps with the stock FPR, in most cases an adjustable FPR is a good investment anyway though. If the pressure cant be brought down at that point you will most likely just have to drill out the suction valve inside the sending unit a little bit to allow more flow. Ive never had to replace a return line.

Originally Posted by mrfred
Very informative. Thanks. Easy to see that the DW and Aeromotive pumps are not the same, and that the amperage requirements for full flow suggest that some people's problems with the DW are probably due to needing a rewire to make the DW (and Aeromotive) flow properly.

I've got a few questions perhaps you can answer:

- Is the Aeromotive any louder than the DW?

- A friend had fuel overrun at idle with the DW. Have you seen this, and would an aftermarket FPR fix this, or does the whole return line need to be replaced?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 08:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Scott@AMS
The Aeromotive wasnt noticeably louder than the Deatschwerks, atleast I dont remember it being.

I haven't ran any of these pumps with the stock FPR, in most cases an adjustable FPR is a good investment anyway though. If the pressure cant be brought down at that point you will most likely just have to drill out the suction valve inside the sending unit a little bit to allow more flow. Ive never had to replace a return line.
Thanks much. Do you mean the suction valve in the return line?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Yah, its located in the sending unit.

Originally Posted by mrfred
Thanks much. Do you mean the suction valve in the return line?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 08:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Scott@AMS
Yah, its located in the sending unit.
Gotcha.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

This is great! I was just looking at the Areomotive as I hadnt even heard about it until just a few days ago. Thanks Scott!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There is a few threads on here from people who used the aeromotive 340 and claim they start to loose pressure and die out pretty quickly. Any feedback on this?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Any specials on the DW pump for the open house?

Quick Reply: Bosch 044, Aeromotive Stealth 340, Deatschwerks DW300, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump Test