Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS 1000WHP GT-R build....lots of pics :)

Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMS 1000WHP GT-R build....lots of pics :)

CLICK HERE TO WATCH OUR INTRODUCTION VIDEO!

Many of you are familiar with our shop and some of the accomplishments that we have been a part of. Our most notable is most likely our Drag EVO VIII that produces over 1142 AWHP on just race gas and no nitrous (see video below). Well not a day goes by that we don't get requests to build a monster to rival that in each of the markets we deal in. The fact of the matter is that building a car like that is not just expensive but very time consuming. We would much rather work with a customer and partner up to build such a car so that not only are we doing something previously not done but putting a BIG SMILE on a customers face in the process. Thankfully we have a customer now willing to push the envelope

This lucky customer and AMS have been in talks for a couple months now on working together on the mother of all GT-R builds. Well after a meeting at SEMA this is now a reality. The goal is nothing less than 1000whp and hopefully quite a bit more. using the resources of our 20,000 square foot facility and our 30 staff members we are going to put the screws to Chuck's GT-R over the winter and produce a car worthy to stand toe to toe to just about any GT-R out there.

The preliminary plans are to use our engineering resources to build a custom Twin turbo kit carrying two of our larger Garret Framed Turbo's like the 750R, 850R or 950R. This is a very time consuming and detailed process but in the end we will have not only created a solid turbo kit for Chuck's car but as a result a solid twin turbo kit to sell to the GT-R market.

EVO VIII file photos

The motor will be addressed too getting the full treatment including sleeving and improving / replacing the entire rotating assembly. We have years of experience building engines. Our motors not only hold great amounts of power but more importantly LAST!! Our Time attack racing EVO VIII Engine so far has held up to over 4 years of full time Track abuse. Our EVO X sleeved motor so far has not only gone a whole season on the same engine but won the Redline time attack Modified AWD Championship!

Evo Sleeved block file photos

The big questing you all may be asking of course is transmission....what are we going to do?. Well thanks to the efforts of sponsors and companies we have worked with for years we are WELL underway in sorting out a solid transmission and clutch solution. They are still in the R&D process but this facilities capabilities are nothing short of astonishing and their budget will assist them in not only getting it done but getting it done RIGHT!

The best part of this build is that we will be documenting the process every step of the way. This is not only to keep you up to date on this great build but to show some behind the scenes footage of how AMS works and how capable we are of working on and producing parts for your car. So stay tuned to this thread and get ready for one hell of show

AMS Drag EVO 8.42 second pass for reference

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jan 19, 2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:26 AM
Former Sponsor

The project arrives at AMS!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

We just got our of an hour long meeting I like to call "The AWESOME meeting" lol
We have our plan of attack and team of guys that are going to attack Frank (white AMS GT-R) and Chucks car.

We have 30 guys here at AMS and I think a team of no less than 10 are going at these two cars.

I am beyond excited

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jan 19, 2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

In addition to the black 1000whp car we are building we are also strengthening the trans as well as improving the 700whp AMS GT-r owned by Frank and Mike

Franks trans is OUT and getting ready for shipment. Time to start digging into the fuel system and dropping the motor in Chucks car

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jan 19, 2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Cranking away over here. We dropped Frank's Fuel tank so we can dissect the factory fuel pump housing to upgrade to larger volume pumps

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jan 19, 2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

more updates! Ivan our GT-R and Special Projects Technician is now tearing apart Chucks car...

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jan 19, 2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OH MY these are going to be AMAZING!!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Chuck your car is now a hovercraft! lol

Ivan has been busy. Your motor is out on the bench. your rear end is out along with the transmission off to the trans shop for work. The cage was cut out of it to build and install a 8.50 cage and possibly chute. Lots of work going on over here....lots of work

The motor will now go back in the car without the oem turbos and will be passed over to our fab guys to begin turbo kit R&D

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jan 19, 2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:34 AM
Former Sponsor

While chucks car is under the knife Justin has been hard at work prototyping IC piping and intake piping on Frank and Mikes car. The end product will have a black crinkle coat finish. very stealth.

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jan 19, 2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Some more updates!

At AMS we pride ourselves on making the highest quality and most powerful parts on the market. This does not come easy but thanks to our highly qualified team and state of the art equipment we can make that a reality for any customer. One of the tools we use to achieve this goal is our portable CMM arm (coordinate measurement machine).

Our Romer portable CMM allows us to digitally plot any given area we are working with. By taking the arm and touching key points on the motor and the chassis we can digitally recreate the entire GT-R drivetrain in our CAD software. Why is this important? This allows us to make and design the best part possible using the given space constraints. The end result is a product that fits like stock, lasts the life of the car and produces the most power capable in that given area. Remember all that math in school that you thought you would never use in real life? Well we do

In chuck's case we are using this technology to create quite simply the best turbo kit available for the GT-R!

Here are some pictures of one of our engineers Drew Johnson plotting the GT-R engine bay on Chucks soon to be AMS powered 1000plus WHP GT-R!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Jan 19, 2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

siiiiick cant wait to see how they come out
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:52 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, i did not realize you guys were that seriouse, CMM portable arms, all super accurate measuring devises heavily used by the ME guys.
By the way since its obviouse you have Mechanical Engineers in place, i was wondering if they did or are planning on conducting any analysys on your engine platforms for the evo, and i explain myself, system analysis refering to modeling the internal componts of the block to ensure the parts are well maried, and the meatals all behave with ecahother, may do thermal anlysis metal expansion rate %'gs ect....

i hope i explainned my sefl well.

it looks like you have done something similar to your CNC heads.

Way to go AMS this really says alot about you.

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Some more updates!

At AMS we pride ourselves on making the highest quality and most powerful parts on the market. This does not come easy but thanks to our highly qualified team and state of the art equipment we can make that a reality for any customer. One of the tools we use to achieve this goal is our portable CMM arm (coordinate measurement machine).

Our Romer portable CMM allows us to digitally plot any given area we are working with. By taking the arm and touching key points on the motor and the chassis we can digitally recreate the entire GT-R drivetrain in our CAD software. Why is this important? This allows us to make and design the best part possible using the given space constraints. The end result is a product that fits like stock, lasts the life of the car and produces the most power capable in that given area. Remember all that math in school that you thought you would never use in real life? Well we do

In chuck's case we are using this technology to create quite simply the best turbo kit available for the GT-R!

Here are some pictures of one of our engineers Drew Johnson plotting the GT-R engine bay on Chucks soon to be AMS powered 1000plus WHP GT-R!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Eric
Old Dec 15, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

wow thats impressive guys, can't wait to see what kind of power this beast is going to make once its done.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by apagan01
Wow, i did not realize you guys were that seriouse, CMM portable arms, all super accurate measuring devises heavily used by the ME guys.
By the way since its obviouse you have Mechanical Engineers in place, i was wondering if they did or are planning on conducting any analysys on your engine platforms for the evo, and i explain myself, system analysis refering to modeling the internal componts of the block to ensure the parts are well maried, and the meatals all behave with ecahother, may do thermal anlysis metal expansion rate %'gs ect....

i hope i explainned my sefl well.

it looks like you have done something similar to your CNC heads.

Way to go AMS this really says alot about you.
thank you!

This is all work that we have done in the past with all the cars we work on. We just now realized that this is something relatively unheard of in our field so we thought we would bring it to light

As far as mechanical engineers go...we have three full time ME's here at AMS. The owner Martin is actually one of them and a huge reason why AMS parts are always at the top of their game!

Eric
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

I just noticed the hearse in the backround vr38 powered hearse anyone? lol
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:11 AM
Former Sponsor

lol no the hearse is getting a small block and two very large turbo's. The owner of the car is our VP and has plans of making the worlds fastest hearse. She should be pretty rowdy when she is done

Eric

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AMS 1000WHP GT-R build....lots of pics :)