Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS Races across the country in an EVO X!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMS Races across the country in an EVO X!

AMS TO COMPETE IN THE FIREBALL RUN TRANSCONTINENTAL RALLY!

100 Teams, 9 days, 3500 miles….1 goal, find America’s missing children!

This year AMS was asked to be a part of a really great cause. The Fireball run is a transcontinental adventure road rally focused on finding missing children. The Fireball Run is kind of like a high-end golf game; the goal is to solve clues, accomplish missions, accumulate points, HAVE FUN and FINISH!

There are some racing events along the way with some serious competition. Last year saw everything from Corvette’s to Lamborghini’s to Viper’s and even a Ford GT. There are 2 Autocross Events, a Time Attack, a Drag Race and a Police vs. Fireballers Challenge during the 9 day adventure.

Awards are given for overall winning scores as well as class winners. There are several “special” awards for any number of things… such as spirit, most fun, best dressed, big spender, and worst luck.

The most important task of the week’s events is to find missing children. Fireball Run has joined forces with The Child Rescue Network to use the rally's massive media exposure to help locate America’s missing children. Each Fireball Run team is assigned a different missing child. The mission; distribute as many posters as possible along the 3500 mile journey from the Baton Rouge Louisiana to the finish line in Grand Rapids Michigan.

You too can assist in the recovery of America's missing children and ultimately reunite them with their loving families by reviewing our missing children list, supporting your favorite team's effort, and of course by donating to the Child Rescue Network. www.ChildRescueNetwork.org

AMS will be competing in our new graphite grey EVO X. The car will be outfitted with all of our off the shelf bolt on parts and a few other goodies. Martin, Tim and Frank will be taking on the daunting task of piloting this car across 3500 miles of American roads and spreading the word about our sponsored missing child.
This year’s Fireball Run has an 80’s theme. We are decking out our Mitsubishi EVO X in the full Top Gun theme we are known for. In additional we will have a full color decal of our missing child on the car.

AMS is extremely honored to be a part of this event and we are really excited to take our EVO X across the country with the other 99 teams. The roster is a pretty serious group with some really nice cars all with one goal in mind, to have fun and help get the word out about missing children.

Stay tuned for more updates from AMS in the fireball run on our racing blog at http://amsracingblog.com/?cat=18

For more information about The Fireball Run please visit www.fireballrun.com
Wish us luck!

Eric

here are some pictures of our EVO X being build for Fireball Run:

Old Sep 18, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck guys! Im jealous, sounds like a blast!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 02:53 PM

awesome !
Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

I wish you would bring some of that black piping over to the Evolution 8 and 9's too, I love the stealth look rather than polished piping...

If you have any that you can do for them, pm me and let me know, i'd be def interested Eric!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:37 PM

Wow guys. That is amazing. Have fun with the trip and I'll be happy if you find an actual missing kid.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 05:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Who's run?
Old Sep 19, 2008, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Some updated pictures of Eric Jones transferring over the Stop-Tech big brake kit from the white car to the new GG X.

Old Sep 19, 2008, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Love it! I'm also following the white car in the SCC challenge.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 09:45 PM

Good luck and have fun
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

What a great cause!

Needs more 500hp 30r kit!
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Some updated pictures after a sticker dude sticker job.

The general theme for the event is the 80's so we naturally chose Top Gun.

Martin = Maverick
Tim = Iceman
Frank = Kelly McGillis HAHAHAHA

Eric
Old Sep 24, 2008, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

It seems weird that this finishes in Grand Rapids, MI I guess this is one time it pays that I live in GR. Looking forward to seeing you guys here at the finish it should be an awesome time.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 07:57 AM

The car looks great guys!
It was good finally seeing you again Eric! It's been too long haha. Give Mopar a big hug for me I miss him!

- Liz
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that is awesome guys, if i werent going to the NHRA nationals in Memphis I would come by and see you in baton rouge on your way out
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy Poop!!!! You guys are actually coming through Jackson, MS. If you need any help let me know. We have a shop here with a couple lifts, 2wd dyno , and would be glad to give you a hand with anything you need!!! I will be back in Jackson Sunday around 7PM, which seems like about the same time you guys should be arriving. If you guys don't call or come by the shop I am going to crash the party at the marriott and at city hall lol actually i may do that anyway!

Last edited by joseph k; Sep 24, 2008 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply: AMS Races across the country in an EVO X!