Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Come watch the AMS Time attack car!!

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Thanks alot everyone. We are still smiling. I have the trophy staring at me right now. All the hard work was completely worth it.

Eric
Show it with a pic!
Old May 15, 2006, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Had a blast this year at one lap, AMS is a stand-up crew and going to be the car to beat next year.
I look forward to next years event, and maybe we can convice some of the other shops to come out. I have allready started my "OLA07 project car" , since we will not be bringing out Luke's car.

Here is a teaser shot... LOL... not much to look at now. Actually looking at it, its quite ugly.

Old May 15, 2006, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are awesome.

I really enjoyed seeing you out at Florence. You are a class act. I look forward to seeing what you bring next year. I think you have really got the attention of those V8s. They have found out they will have to make their cars a lot better before next year if they want to have a chance.

Now it is time to go Porsche hunting.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the kind words and congrats, I love being a part of this team, and everyone that works to make sure all the cars, including the racecar are top notch. I will admit that I was worried when we started because the car just didn't have any time on it really, but running as well as we did, and coming out high in a battle of attrition proves just how good all the guys at AMS are.

I look at the week, and the cars we were up against (Ron Adee twin Turbo tube frame Viper, the Hennessey Viper, a well driven 500-hp Ultima GT-R, two Nobles well prepped and well driven, the list goes on) and I think about the third place and I am amazed at the company we played in.

It is the highest finish for a Mitsubishi ever. (Unless you count the 1991 2nd place by a Dodge Stealth) and we tied for the highest placed mid-priced sedan since the event went away from being a time-speed-distance event and just a track event.

I can tell you it isn't going to get any easier in years to come, we can see that TopSpeed seems to be constructing a 22b Impreza, Hennessey will probably be back, Ron Adee isn't going to settle, and Danny Popp will have reliability. DaVia will come back with something strong, and I still expect to see Mr Chronohunter be a force to deal with. I also don't expect the other Mitsubishi and Subaru tuner shops let us have this event to ourselves.

Up next for the AMS Team? Winged Warrior on June 3 in Indianapolis. (check out www.wingedwarrior.net) After that, NASA Time Trials, and perhaps the Super Street Time Attack Events. We are also looking at going to the Pikes Peak Redline Time Attack. It's is going to be a busy, and hopefully sucessful year.

Once again, thanks to everyone who came out to support us, who cheered us on from the internet and at home, and especially to all the guys at AMS. You guys build it, tune it and keep it going, I just point it.

Jon K

Last edited by racerjon1; May 16, 2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old May 15, 2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Thanks alot everyone. We are still smiling. I have the trophy staring at me right now. All the hard work was completely worth it.

Eric
Pics?
Old May 15, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JoeA
They need to update the front page of the www.onelapofamerica.com page it has a different person in third pace. But under the results page it has the ams car in third. They need the credit they deseve on the main page.

Congrts to the AMS car.
I sent an email to the one lap web page administrator on that asking him to give credit where its due. Jon and Martin did an awesome job, next year I'll take the week off and follow you guys the whole week. Martin did get his souvenir "I went to New Orleans and only got a T-Shirt". I didn't pay much attention to the Civic! It did very well also, it was so quiet yet the suspension was amazing.
Old May 15, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

The One Lap guys will get the page updated, that is still the 2005 top five finishers, so it isn't like they are "shunning" us. When the guys get some sleep, we should be up there, and then we get to be up there for a year.

Jon
Old May 15, 2006, 04:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eric
Old May 15, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

this is the second year you guys ran this event correct? I smell a possible first overall in the near future....Great job fellas....you guys continue to amaze me and make me more proud everyday that I own an Evo!
Old May 15, 2006, 05:02 PM

Wow
Old May 15, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Add to your sig's immdediately, above everything.........

Scorke
Old May 15, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

They updated the www.onelapofamerica.com web site but they dont have a picture of the car. Congrats again.
Old May 16, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

I just sent a picture to the web guy at One Lap, we should have something up when he gets to it.

Jon K
Old May 16, 2006, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

The picture is up on the One Lap main page now.

Jon
Old May 16, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Jon,

How about adding to your blog for the last day at OLA? I'm curious what changes were made to the Evo to get a good skid pad #.

Quick Reply: Come watch the AMS Time attack car!!