Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

JDM Dash kit?

Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JDM Dash kit?

I looked and searched and looked some more. EvoX called this the JDM dash kit. I want it!

any ideas where to find it?

Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Well... I found it on Japanparts.net

$330. that's ridiculous... but it looks soo soo clean... I may be shelling out a fair amount of cash... even with a 30 day lead time. I want to do this baby right, and I've spared no expense so far...

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...EY=330-019-001

Last edited by h4ckluserr; Aug 25, 2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The price is only going up with the yen dollar exchange rate getting worse.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 02:05 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I ordered it. it cost me $370 shipped.

Ridiculous but I assured myself through my divorce that I will buy the parts I want. As I mentioned I will spare no expense to make sure this car is done right.

jdm sam is right. its only going to get worse. if you are wanting this kit, for a project now or in the future. move on it.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:26 AM

Just for reference, the JDM dash kit went for right under $200 shipped a few years ago and $230 earlier this year.
Also, you do know the Z130BT is the latest version of the AVIC?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

What's the difference between this one and the one that scosche.com sells? Looking to upgrade to DVD/NAV so trying to figure this all out.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by J Dog
What's the difference between this one and the one that scosche.com sells? Looking to upgrade to DVD/NAV so trying to figure this all out.
Here is the Scosche one in my car.

I like the JDM one but its not worth $300 to me. I'll stick to my $30 Scosche.

Last edited by TOralliart; Aug 30, 2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

^ Does the color of Scosche one match the interior pretty well? They look the same so why such a big price difference?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:49 PM

The JDM is from the OEM Mitsubishi Japan Market Evo X. It's factory fit and finish. Most of all it doesn't stick out farther like the Scosche. Notice the Scosche hangs over the headunit and sticks out further. The air vents are properly shaped as well on the JDM.

The high price is mainly from a weak US dollar to Japanese Yen exchange. The business that exports the part also has to make a profit margin. Then factor in the cost of shipping internationally. The place that sells the JDM part buys it from an actual Japan Mitsu dealer. True JDM parts cost a lot of money. Too bad the term JDM is loosely used on everything now.

The Scosche, or any other aftermarket kit like Metra, is made using cheaper materials/construction and in a different factory, usually in China, that has a lower operating cost. It doesn't have the same specifications or costs a factory part would.

Last edited by jdm sam; Aug 30, 2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 01:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdm sam
Just for reference, the JDM dash kit went for right under $200 shipped a few years ago and $230 earlier this year.
Also, you do know the Z130BT is the latest version of the AVIC?
Yeah, the price has jumped significantly then. but for me, I have a very liberal budget, and I looked at the two without dollar figures. just pictures on Google. said "damn that one looks Nice, it will match perfectly, and it's more sunk in than the Scosche kit. Then I saw the price, and had to remember that I am determined to do this car exactly how I want it, without compromising over prices. even if it means waiting and saving for awhile. then I ordered the Pioneer from Crutchfield.. and they are sending me a scosche kit... so that will be for sale once I get back to the states lol.

As far as the radio goes, yeah, I looked at the Z130BT, but the hardware is the same, they just added a couple of features to it that weren't worth the $400 difference to me. In fact, I liked the slightly more recessed front bezel on the radio, as well as having the SD card support. I don't think I will ever actually use the disc drive for anything fancier than a regular CD. MP3 cd's etc... the link below shows the differences between the radios. Oh yeah, and I will need to update the maps. easy stuff. I don't need/want HD Radio, I can live with one less EQ band, and RDS isn't important to me.

Crutchfield comparison between Z120BT and Z130BT

Last edited by h4ckluserr; Aug 31, 2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by J Dog
^ Does the color of Scosche one match the interior pretty well? They look the same so why such a big price difference?
It matches just ok. Not perfect but not bad for $30. I'm going to wrap it with some carbon fiber wrap.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:00 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TOralliart
It matches just ok. Not perfect but not bad for $30. I'm going to wrap it with some carbon fiber wrap.
If you do wrap it, could you post a pic up?

I've always wondered if a CF wrap on the Scosche or Metra dash kit would look okay.. at least it would help mask that the kit doesn't match 100%
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by h4ckluserr
Yeah, the price has jumped significantly then. but for me, I have a very liberal budget, and I looked at the two without dollar figures. just pictures on Google. said "damn that one looks Nice, it will match perfectly, and it's more sunk in than the Scosche kit. Then I saw the price, and had to remember that I am determined to do this car exactly how I want it, without compromising over prices. even if it means waiting and saving for awhile. then I ordered the Pioneer from Crutchfield.. and they are sending me a scosche kit... so that will be for sale once I get back to the states lol.

As far as the radio goes, yeah, I looked at the Z130BT, but the hardware is the same, they just added a couple of features to it that weren't worth the $400 difference to me. In fact, I liked the slightly more recessed front bezel on the radio, as well as having the SD card support. I don't think I will ever actually use the disc drive for anything fancier than a regular CD. MP3 cd's etc... the link below shows the differences between the radios. Oh yeah, and I will need to update the maps. easy stuff. I don't need/want HD Radio, I can live with one less EQ band, and RDS isn't important to me.

Crutchfield comparison between Z120BT and Z130BT
I don't see a $400 dollar difference on Crutchfield's site, and I've actually seen the Z130 for <$950 retail. Just wondering if you knew about the newer model since you just bought the Z120. I have HD radio in my other cars and I won't go back. If you have upgraded components you can easily hear the difference in sound quality.

Yeah, I also went with the JDM bezel because the fitment on the Metra and Scosche are not even close. I don't care that it cost a lot more as fit & finish matters a lot to me. It all just comes down to how much you are willing to pay.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:32 PM

any pics
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

I wish brother. I wish. There will be a picture ***** thread I assure you Still a few month's out though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JDM Dash kit?