Notices

Insane Speed: Las Vegas Tuning, Fabrication, Engine Builds, etc.

Old Apr 12, 2011, 07:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insane Speed: Las Vegas Tuning, Fabrication, Engine Builds, etc.

Hello gentlemen, just wanted to say it's good to be a board sponsor and I figured I would let everyone know a bit about Insane Speed.

First off we are a full service shop, in a 10,000sq/ft stand alone building at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. We have a full service fabrication shop where we create pretty much everything we need for our builds in house. This includes intercoolers, turbo manifolds, custom fuel systems, custom suspension modifications, etc. We also have access to CNC and water jet cutting which we utilize to make many of our custom components.

We also have a complete engine program with an engine clean room for assembly in house. We work with companies like Winberg, GRP, Carrillo, CP, Xceldyne, etc.....to build custom engine components for not only Evo, but Supra, Porsche 996 + 997, Gallardo, GTR, and even forced induction domestics, including over 100 dealer accounts for just about any performance need you might have. We also do engine building for competitive off road teams and even Bonneville land speed record vehicles, and CNC all our own race heads as well.

Insane Speed also has an in house Mustang Dyno and resident tuner Mike Angel. Many of you will recognize Mike Angel as the man who built race motors for corporate Honda, worked on design for Jun Racing, pioneered the turbo NSX, and built all the race engines and tuned for FXMD during their world record setting years in Redline Time Attack through 2010. Mike has traveled the world over tuning for world record setting Bonneville vehicles, world record Baha off road teams, etc.....He is, quite simply one of the finest tuners in the world.

We also own a full service, state of the art machine shop with full engine dyno testing facility as well. We TRULY do everything within the company with the exception of paint and body work.

So that's pretty much our story. If you need anything forced induction performance related, Insane Speed is your place in Vegas. So here are a few photos of the shop. Stop by and see us.

Insane Speed
6915 Speedway Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89115
702-462-5036
info@insanespeed.net

Last edited by InsaneSpeed; Dec 12, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Beautiful facility. Best of luck to you.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 304 Likes on 122 Posts
you could swing Oooo's in that building or a weekend go kart track!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks nice! Has your tuner done a bunch of evos then? What platforms is he knowledgeable with?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Add another set of rollers to that MD!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice shop!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:26 AM

I heard about pineapple Mike. I also heard AEM was his specialty, but don't quote me on that. Is this the new CNC racing?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike is good on a bunch of tuning platforms along with being one of 2 people on the west coast licensed to tune HKS software as well.

Congrats on the vendor status, Todd. Thanks again for the tour. Kinda a car guy's wet dream. Lol.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:25 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by PeteyTurbo@KHC
Beautiful facility. Best of luck to you.
Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
Nice shop!
Thank you gentlemen.

Originally Posted by 420a-t
Looks nice! Has your tuner done a bunch of evos then? What platforms is he knowledgeable with?
We do Evo's nearly every day. Mike tunes our Insane Speed sponsored Redline Time Attack car owned by Trent Choi, both of our Dsport Cover Evos, as well as quite a few 700-1000 awhp drivers around AZ, NV, and Cali. He tuned and built race engines for corporate Honda so he is well versed on turbo Hondas, pioneered the turbo NSX, all our 800+awhp Evos, pretty much every significant Supra in Vegas has had Mike's laptop plugged into it, as well as doing Motec tuning on turbo Gallardos for Heffner performance. We also sponsor a couple turbo Mustang drag cars which Mike does all the tuning on as well, and we even just finished up with what I believe is the highest S14 SR powered street car in the country making well over 800rwhp. You will see it in a magazine very soon. We also do tuning for diesel Bonneville land speed cars which reach top speeds near 400mph. Basically if it has a turbo on it, Mikey can key stroke it to perfection.

Originally Posted by olmoscd
Add another set of rollers to that MD!
In the works. Plan is by the end of this year for sure. We do however have access to a private awd dyno that we tune the Evos, Porsche's and Lambos on, so don't let that scare you from coming in to have the Evo tuned.

Originally Posted by wtmodnar
I heard about pineapple Mike. I also heard AEM was his specialty, but don't quote me on that. Is this the new CNC racing?
PLEASE I beg you, don't even mention CNC in the same breath with Insane Speed. We have absolutely positively NO affiliation with CNC in any way shape or form. They took off and moved the shop to Utah last I know.

As for ECU's, our specialties are Motec and HKS Fcon Vpro, but Mikey tunes AEM, FAST for our turbo domestics, Pectel, Motec, HKS Fcon, Haltech, etc.....all the way down to simple reflashes and simple controllers like AFC's.

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Mike is good on a bunch of tuning platforms along with being one of 2 people on the west coast licensed to tune HKS software as well.

Congrats on the vendor status, Todd. Thanks again for the tour. Kinda a car guy's wet dream. Lol.
Thank you sir. Stop down any time and feel free to bring any of your enthusiast friends. We would love to get a few more Insane Speed race engines in some Vegas Evos.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:55 AM
Account Disabled

Here is just a little taste of our work on a few different platforms.

800+rwhp SR20DET

750+rwhp TRUE GNX

1100+rwhp Supra

800+awhp Evo 8

Old Apr 13, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Old Apr 13, 2011, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
welcome guys... very nice to see a shop with such a background opened up in las vegas. ill stop by and take a tour
Old Apr 13, 2011, 06:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
welcome guys... very nice to see a shop with such a background opened up in las vegas. ill stop by and take a tour

Thank you. We have been up at the Speedway location for about 9 months so we figured it was time to sponsor the forums. We are somewhat off the beaten path all the way up here so it's good to let people know.

We are open noon to 9pm so stop on by and check us out.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:07 AM

hey i see my car! i should be making a build here sometime soon!
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

awesome cars, lemme stop by when i go to vegas in May

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Insane Speed: Las Vegas Tuning, Fabrication, Engine Builds, etc.