Notices

coilovers for lancer gts

Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coilovers for lancer gts

hey guys,

planning to upgrade to coils for this summer so im just about to start shopping around.

anyone got any suggestions for brands, prices and places to look at for some good deals?

mainly looking for some coils for daily driving, preferably adjustable dampers and camber, nothing too balling lol.

thanks guys
Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qJai
hey guys,

planning to upgrade to coils for this summer so im just about to start shopping around.

anyone got any suggestions for brands, prices and places to look at for some good deals?

mainly looking for some coils for daily driving, preferably adjustable dampers and camber, nothing too balling lol.

thanks guys
HSD coilovers are coming. Probably the best coilovers out there. If your looking for something more on a shoe string budget, you can reach for BC racing, if you are looking for something on the lowest range of the cost scale, you can reach for Megans.

Al that said, HSD is likely the most durable coilover available. they have a good track record, and its what is going on my car shortly 15 kits coming in, half are presold on this shipment.

Rick Chong is having a group buy on them soon, this spring
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:04 AM

haha I knew you'd say HSD
I'll sign up for a set when the group buy happens
Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by T-Pain
haha I knew you'd say HSD
I'll sign up for a set when the group buy happens
if they are mad cheap i'll consider too...I bottom out my shocks too much with the eibachs, can't take it anymore.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 04:40 PM

yea my shocks r pretty much done on my eibachs as well. any ballpark prices for these? thanks guys
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

talk to sean im sure he can hook you guys all up would be nice to see some gts all lowered come to the track no excuses!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by initialdrew
if they are mad cheap i'll consider too...I bottom out my shocks too much with the eibachs, can't take it anymore.
(just speaking in generally, cause I dont want to highjack the thread)
The price is the price. These coilovers are probably the most durable coilovers out there. That said, they are already priced actively if you factor in the build quality and features.

Now people say well I can get coilover XYZ and ABC for 1000 dollars. LOL my simple answer to that is, Go right ahead. After working at JRP for about 6 months. It makes me go crazy, the people I see who come in. Say something is too expensive. then they go buy something else, only to have it fail, or they get raped by customs for something they could have just paid for in the first place here. sigh....

I wouldnt be hand picking these coilovers if I didnt know for a 100% fact that they are the best bang for your buck. Trust me. Even paying full MSRP 1334 for these coilovers. they are a hell of a deal, because the perform over and beyond what you would expect. The deal will be good and Lancer / Ralliart guys can rest assured that they are getting the best coilovers for their money.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:13 PM

so the hsd are about 1300?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:21 PM

do the hsd coilovers allow dampening adjustability for rebound and compression?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:42 AM

if they are 1300-1400 I would say thats a great price considering the brand... esp. seeing as BC coilovers seem to be about 1200, and not as good...

if their is a group buy going on, let me know too, I am looking to lower my GT this summer with some coilovers, it should go nicely with my new rims...
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

If you want another option, I have TEIN Basic coilovers and I love them. You can get them for a pretty good price too!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by seanymack
do the hsd coilovers allow dampening adjustability for rebound and compression?
HSDs have dampening adjustment for both.

Originally Posted by Carvs
If you want another option, I have TEIN Basic coilovers and I love them. You can get them for a pretty good price too!
Tein, is a great coilover company, who knows what they are doing. And I recommend them. The important thing for people to understand with Tein is , they made a wide range of prodructs, you just have to make use of the application that is specific to you. Since TEIN has both Twin Tube and MonoTube Designs. Trust me I have seen it. A guy comes in buys the wrong coilover for serious tracking, and then complains that it failed. Twin Tube for hardcore racing every day is not recommended. Their are kits designed for show. and kits designed for performance (track) just gotta be specific. TEIN costs money. but you get a very good quality product

Last edited by evo_soul; Feb 16, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:04 PM

yea tiens r quiet pricey for no camber adjustment