Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

2003 Lancer ES Speed input sensor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Lancer ES Speed input sensor

Does any one have a real picture of the location of the input and output speed sensor in Lancer 2003 ES, Automatic (not the graphic arts, I got those). I was told my input sensor was bad so I bought one from dealer and changed which looked like the same one as I bought, on the tranny. I couldn't start the car. I am thinking that was probably output sensor spot where I put my new input sensor in. So I put the Old sensor back in but can't find my input sensor location. It is somewhere close to output but there is nothing which looks like what I have in my hand.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I can see them both, but it's such a pretzel angle to even see them without taking out the air filter housing that there's no way to take a picture. Can you take a picture of the top of your tranny with the airbox removed so we'll have a picture we can edit and post?
If you stand beside the car and look down on the filter housing, one sensor is behind and toward the passenger side of the box. You can look straight down on it.
The other is under the front of the box (toward front of the car) and it's a bit recessed in to the body of the trans. I can't quite see whether the sensors that bolts down looks exactly the same, but they look very similar from what little I can see from this angle with both plugs in place.

Last edited by fe2o3; Jan 7, 2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Its right on top of it. Those two sensors can only go in two specific places. I know they look similar but the angles of the sensors tell out all. That same sensor went bad on mine. Its kind of hidden actually. Look under the black metal and rubber thing on top of the tranny. There you find the sensor hiding young one...