Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

difference between ralliart and Gts

Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
difference between ralliart and Gts

I searched and found some info but not really what I was looking for.

I bought my 2010 sportback GTS (2.4) because the ralliart only came in auto and I refuse to drive an auto.
I am looking at putting a ralliart turbo system on my GTS I am trying to find info on the motors, as far as I know the ralliart is a 2.0 and obviously my car is a 2.4. are the ralliart internals stronger or is the motor better built/suited for the turbo than the GTS if so what will I have to do to make my motor comparable to the ralliarts

thanks for any help guys and I apologize if this has been covered I did try to search and really didn't find a whole lot of info on this
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:45 AM

Well theres tons of information on this topic, you will need to look a lil harder. I have a GTS and I dont understand why you couldnt get a ralli art in manual, your stealership played some games with you. U most deff can get a manual, but they probably didnt have one on the lot and didnt want to order it in, or couldnt order it in for some reason. The best turbo kit for our car is the RRM kit so far, they have had some serious test n tune with all their kits and I am sure you can find some turbo and make it work, but if your looking to just buy a kit and pop it in, this is the kit for u. check thier website out, you will find TONS of gear for our cars. Hope this helps.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:51 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 09_GTS_MITSU
Well theres tons of information on this topic, you will need to look a lil harder. I have a GTS and I dont understand why you couldnt get a ralli art in manual, your stealership played some games with you. U most deff can get a manual, but they probably didnt have one on the lot and didnt want to order it in, or couldnt order it in for some reason. The best turbo kit for our car is the RRM kit so far, they have had some serious test n tune with all their kits and I am sure you can find some turbo and make it work, but if your looking to just buy a kit and pop it in, this is the kit for u. check thier website out, you will find TONS of gear for our cars. Hope this helps.
The 09+ Ralliart is only avail in 6spd SST. No traditional manual 5-spd.

OP: The 09+ Ralliart 4b11 is the same motor found in the 2008+ Evo 10.

- Bryan
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:01 PM

dont turbo unless u want problems. there are so many guys on other forums that turbo'd the lancer and either cant go over 5psi boost, or engine blew. just do a lil more research on other forums such as 9glancers, projectlancer, and lancertuners.

dont rush into it either
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

like I said I searched and did quite a bit of reading and didn't find anything that compared the internal engine parts of the ralliart to the GTS.
there is no way I am going to spend what RRM is charging for their kit seems way over priced to me expecially if I could possibly use mitsubishi parts from a ralliart to piece together a kit for 1/4 of the price.

also the stealership didn't "play games" the 2010 ralliart only comes in a 6-speed Twin-Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission (TC-SST). so you may want to do a little more research **not to mention the car I bought was not on the dealerships lot..... they had to have it delivered from New York to New Hampshire

Last edited by Ozdriver; Sep 7, 2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
The 09+ Ralliart is only avail in 6spd SST. No traditional manual 5-spd.

OP: The 09+ Ralliart 4b11 is the same motor found in the 2008+ Evo 10.

- Bryan
ahh ok so the motor is more "turbo friendly" than the standard GTS

thank you
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

double post
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:26 PM

Wow!! you guys sure do jump down a throat. Sorry the 09 is avail in a 5spd. Like I said I have a 09 GTS, not a 10. Guess you guys got er all figured out I will just keep my **** to myself, Have a great day jerk offs.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:44 PM
Account Disabled

Wow!! you guys sure do jump down a throat. Sorry the 09 is avail in a 5spd. Like I said I have a 09 GTS, not a 10. Guess you guys got er all figured out I will just keep my **** to myself, Have a great day jerk offs.
09+ Ralliart is only available in SST. I am not jumping down your throat, just posting information.

- Bryan
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, the motors are 90% different.

This is a good watch for anyone wanting to know the difference between the two engines (or 4b11 vsv 4b11t)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RoxR6eZbgg

Also, don't forget that a whole bunch of power to basically one wheel = HORRIBLE drive-ability!!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hehe, a lil butt-hurt are we.

Yeah, unfortunately the ralliart does not offer a standard manual transmission.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

well when you post on a topic telling me "Well theres tons of information on this topic, you will need to look a lil harder" after I have searched and spent over an hour reading numerous threads... and then say "U most deff can get a manual" which is 100% wrong..... you gotta expect to get a little in response
Old Sep 7, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EngRWW33
No, the motors are 90% different.

This is a good watch for anyone wanting to know the difference between the two engines (or 4b11 vsv 4b11t)

Also, don't forget that a whole bunch of power to basically one wheel = HORRIBLE drive-ability!!
that's exactly what I was looking for... thank you

I understand a whole bunch of power to one wheel= horrible drive-ability.... I'm not really looking to produce crazy power just pep up the lancer a little as we all know they are horribly slow from the factory.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

yeah if you really wanted to run the boost that a ralliart or evo runs, you need either:

new long block

or

sleeved block, forged pistons, forged rods, head work, maybe new/upgraded tranny, to say the least and obvious....lol

if its tuned right, you can do 6-7 psi all day stock motor

i DO like when people think my car is an Evo, its pretty funny lol....guy in a skittle wanted to race me last week
Old Sep 8, 2010, 03:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yitzac1990
yeah if you really wanted to run the boost that a ralliart or evo runs, you need either:

new long block

or

sleeved block, forged pistons, forged rods, head work, maybe new/upgraded tranny, to say the least and obvious....lol

if its tuned right, you can do 6-7 psi all day stock motor

i DO like when people think my car is an Evo, its pretty funny lol....guy in a skittle wanted to race me last week
yea... I was only looking to run 6-8psi.... just a little something to pep it up a little bit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: difference between ralliart and Gts