Notices

Montreal performance shop/store??

Old Oct 1, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Montreal performance shop/store??

Does anyone here knows if theres any performance shop in Montreal I can get parts, like gauges, exhaust etc??
Old Oct 3, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im looking too lol the closet place in Overdosed in Laval but 99% of the stuff is Honda. They can order it but you might as well order it yourself online. It will be cheaper.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

I've lived in Montreal for 6 years. During that time, I had several performance cars: three different BMW's and my Evo VIII. I've been to all the performance shops in the Montreal area. Most of my experiences have been less than positive to be honest. Some of my experiences have been absolutely horrible.

In my experience, there isn't a single shop in Montreal that can be compared to places like DENT Sport Garage or Turner Motorsport (both near Boston), for example. If you're looking to get your Evo tuned, I would definitely make the ~4 hr drive down to DENT Sport in Norwood, MA before I would trust it to any of the shops I've used in Montreal.

Keep in mind that the guys at Cite Mitsubishi are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to routine service on Evos. The service manager, Ziad, is a real Evo fanatic. He took good care of my US-market Evo VIII while it was under warranty.

If you want specific suggestions, please feel free to PM me. I'm not comfortable criticizing shops on internet forums since whenever you post a bad experience everyone jumps down your throat and accuses you of "bashing." I'd rather not start up any flame wars
Old Oct 7, 2008, 06:33 AM

There is Advance EFI in Longueil that is a speed shop.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kayaalp
Keep in mind that the guys at Cite Mitsubishi are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to routine service on Evos. The service manager, Ziad, is a real Evo fanatic. He took good care of my US-market Evo VIII while it was under warranty.
I thought that Cite Mitsu was not a Mitsubishi dealer anymore ?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spooky_Neo
I thought that Cite Mitsu was not a Mitsubishi dealer anymore ?
Is that true? I've been away from Montreal since the summer of 2005, so I'm out of the loop.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kayaalp
Is that true? I've been away from Montreal since the summer of 2005, so I'm out of the loop.
yes it is. They were not selling enough Mitsubishi so Mitsubishi Canada took away their dealership. They are still selling cars, but not for Mitsubishi anymore.

My car was rented there and my account got transfered to another Mitsu dealer in the area.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spooky_Neo
yes it is. They were not selling enough Mitsubishi so Mitsubishi Canada took away their dealership. They are still selling cars, but not for Mitsubishi anymore.
That sucks. Ziad was the only guy in the city that I trusted to service my Evo.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

If any of you guys are pretty good friends with any of the speed shops over there that don't stock much if any evo parts, see if you can get them to think about opening an account with a US distributor so they can buy items in bulk and save you on shipping costs. I'm pretty good friends with the guys over at Big Valley Performance here in Orlando, FL and it's something that is very doable. Just drop me a PM.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 09:35 PM

In montreal, I only know Jon Nichols.

http://www.jonnichols.com/new%20site/MAIN%20PAGE.htm

A guy told me that it's expensive. But I'm still happy for his tuning (intake, IC piping and Ecutek tuning)

But why are you searching in Montreal if you are in Toronto ?

Stef Evo-X
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

I'm bringing this up as I KNOW the best mechanic in all Quebec for the 4G63

For those who don't know him he's called Serge Turcotte and race the Turbo Mirage FWD with Francois Villeneuve.

look at this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH6EI...eature=related

Private me if you want somebody than knows how to work on a 4G63, is the best.....by far. I don't know if he is gonna like this, never told him, he's busy with DSM but let me know anyways, lol.

Last edited by PoloTurbo; Apr 25, 2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't been on the forum for a while, so I missed this thread.

I have a shop in Laval ( Montreal) which specializes in performance and track equipement. I own an EVO so you can be sure that a ton of parts specific to the EVO are in stock.

I am aware of US pricing and try real hard to meet or beat landed US pricing.

The shop is called Perry Performance & Competition and you can reach me at 450 662 8886 or carl@perryautolaval.com

BTW, if this post goes against forum policy- I apologize. My intention is merely information for the initial poster.