Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo Turbo in 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Oz rally

Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Turbo in 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Oz rally

I am new to the whole turbo building thing and was wondering if i could put an evo 8 or 9 turbo on a 2002 mitsubishi lancer and how hard it would be? Also, could i use the evos fuel injectors, fuel pump, intercooler, and downpipe? Any advice would be great thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you dont mind me asking, are you looking to make your own custom set up using Evo parts? Reason I ask, is because more than likely a company has already made a kit for your car. It would make things a lot easier.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

I want to spend the least amount of money. yes i know RRM has a kit and a few others but those r 3000 bucks. Now i have someone who said he would sell me the turbo, headers, fuel injectors, fuel pump, and piping from his evo to sell to me. Now im so much of a noob that idk if these parts will fit my car.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
evo and lancer oz engines are totally different, so no parts will fit without extensive modifications, maybe you were thinking it is a plug and play sort of thing, but it is not. Like constant said, there are turbo kits out there specifically made for your car/engine.
Good luck with your build.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Included a link to one. I dont know if this kit is realiable, I am just giving you an idea that there are full kits already out there.

http://www.turbokits.com/lancer_turbo_kits.html
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by andymilonkis453
I want to spend the least amount of money. yes i know RRM has a kit and a few others but those r 3000 bucks. Now i have someone who said he would sell me the turbo, headers, fuel injectors, fuel pump, and piping from his evo to sell to me. Now im so much of a noob that idk if these parts will fit my car.
As stated above, without EXTENSIVE fabrication (costing well over $3000), you're better off buying the kit. Evo and Lancer engines are COMPLETELY different.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Oh really i thought the lancer had the same size engine as the evo except the evo was turboed? and how much modification are we talking? The injectors should fit in easily along with the fuel pump. The headers look like they are the same size. The only moding i was thinking is the intercooler and the downpipe
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
many people actually think that the evo is just a lancer with a droped in turbo, well my friend there's a lot of knowleadge in this forums, I think the only thing the evo and lancer share in the engine compartment is the brake fluid reservoir (I'm exagerating) but anyways, the whole engine, actual block, intake, exhaust manifolds, are different, maybe the injectors can fit I am not sure about that one, and the pump housing could be similar (not sure on that one either) but bottom line is it would actually be easier/cheaper to get a complete evo engine and drop it in your car, but even that is extremelly difficult and costly, so I guess what I am trying to say is if you want boost, best way to get it will be a realiable kit.
There's people that have done what you are asking, search a bit, they might help to determine if in the end that is the best solution for your turbo needs.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Okay thank you very much. I probably will end up selling my baby and sooner or later get an evo.