Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Question about 2003 Lancer OZ Air Conditioner

Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about 2003 Lancer OZ Air Conditioner

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know what would cause the AC on a 03 Lancer to cool at times then a few minutes later blow not cool, then back to cool again after few minutes? My Lancer has started doing this so I wanted to ask what could be the cause.

Also how often does AC need to be recharged? And what would be rough estimate cost to fix kind of problem above?

Justin
Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by justin.AZ
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know what would cause the AC on a 03 Lancer to cool at times then a few minutes later blow not cool, then back to cool again after few minutes? My Lancer has started doing this so I wanted to ask what could be the cause.

Also how often does AC need to be recharged? And what would be rough estimate cost to fix kind of problem above?

Justin
dfghnjmk,jhnbv
Old Nov 16, 2009, 08:13 PM

a/c

recharge a/c...
change the air filter... (under the glove box)
if its a standard tranny, its the nature of the beast, if its automatic, i have no idea, i love the air in my 2003oz

Zander
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:26 PM

I also am having problems with my ac. I just bought an 03' OZ and when I turn the hot/ cold knob it wont stay all the way on hot or cold, the mechanism on the knob itself just seems to be stubborn. Also my heat doesn't seem to get that warm, but this may be because of the knob issue.

Any ideas??
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lost Hate
dfghnjmk,jhnbv
^^WTF?? Dont post garbage man post something that will contribute.

OP you can go to any auto parts store or even walmart and get the r143 (or whichever one it is cant quite remember now.) and all you have to do is run your car and turn max ac on full blast then locate the low pressure port it will be the bigger diameter hard pipe coming from your ac pump and I think it might have a "L" on the plastic cap. your ac bottle should have a quick connect hose on it and just connect it and push down the button and empty the whole bottle. I would try that first a bottle should be under $20
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by itsjustinmeyers
I also am having problems with my ac. I just bought an 03' OZ and when I turn the hot/ cold knob it wont stay all the way on hot or cold, the mechanism on the knob itself just seems to be stubborn. Also my heat doesn't seem to get that warm, but this may be because of the knob issue.

Any ideas??
The knob issue is a known problem from mitsu. My knob doesnt quite go all the way either but its plenty hot and gets plenty cold with ac too. IDK maybe a clogged heater core?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:58 AM

Thumbs up air filter

a/c people

its your air filter, not engine air filter, cabin air filter, its under the glove box, take it out, replace it, the knob will turn. It wont turn because there is way too much dust and crap all up in there.

Zander
Old May 24, 2012, 12:58 PM

My car is doing the same thing (Ice cold and then simply cold) - Just had it serviced and I've already made 2 trips back to the shop. They filled it and checked for leaks - nothing! I'm also not getting a whole lot of air coming from the middle vents - Could it be my blower motor beginning to go? thanks