Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TILTON Twin Cerametallic / Organic REVIEW

Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TILTON Twin Cerametallic / Organic REVIEW

FIRST OFF. I DO NOT want to here anything about your tilton carbon clutches. i dont care about them i do not want them. this thread is for tilton CERAMETALLIC/ORGANIC twin clutches only. thank you.

ok here is my little run down. i am at 60k miles. i have a Exedy twin HD installed and has been very strong for 30k miles and still counting. i am having my trans rebuilt. i am also having my T/C rebuilt and a Quaiffe LSD added to the mix. now i wanted to replace the clutch as well. you may ask why so ill just tell you here. the reason i want to replace it is because it has 30k miles on it. i am going to be stepping up my turbo setup soon to follow and i do not want to reuse this clutch or have to worry about it failing on me. i also want to replace it to goto the push style instead of the factory pull style.

Before you ask
Exedy push conversion 1200.00 + 1000 for triple disk upgrade kit = 2200
enough said.

now here is what i need from you.

1. how much does a full tilton cerametallic/organic clutch/flywheel weigh

2. i want to know how long you have had it installed on your car '' how many miles on the tilton cerametallic/organic twin clutch.

3. what type of driving do you do?
example
1. granny street driving
2. hard street/highway driving
3. hard street/highway/DRAG on weekends driving <------- this is me
4. FULL drag driving

4. how is it holding up with your driving habits??

5. how much power hp/tq is your TILTON clutch holding

thanks guys for your help.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to suggest a point... by moving to an extremely smaller and lighter clutch, isn't it guaranteed by physics that it will be harder to daily drive? Meaning there is less inertia with the lighter clutch so when the clutch begins to bite it has a harder time slipping and will just stop (ie stall)?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
I'd like to suggest a point... by moving to an extremely smaller and lighter clutch, isn't it guaranteed by physics that it will be harder to daily drive? Meaning there is less inertia with the lighter clutch so when the clutch begins to bite it has a harder time slipping and will just stop (ie stall)?
Also I upgraded my twin disk to a triple and think I got a better price than 1k. Not sure though I'd have to check.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
not necessarily ive heard from 1 shop down here that the pressure plate feels like stock and it drives alot better than the Exedy Twin
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Don't do it , I drive
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Nomad4g63
not necessarily ive heard from 1 shop down here that the pressure plate feels like stock and it drives alot better than the Exedy Twin
i have had the exedy twin hd and this QM twin ''like a tilton'' is no where near the same as a exedy twin to drive. this QM is a big pita. i miss my exedy
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Search is your friend...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ence-here.html
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:49 PM

i had the tilton for a good year. driveability to me is ****. the 2nd clutch engages so hard u will stall in traffic n i dont care how good u r. adding more gas to slip that clutch is a pain. after it eventually started to slip, i bought a cheaper clutch n went back to pull style. had the tilton sittin for maybe 6 months then sent it back to tilton for a rebuild. ****ers told me $1400.00. yeah so i bought an exedy twin n have yet to install it yet.

The good: that tilton can handle sum abuse. shifting through gears was a breeze n it loves to be driven hard, i have NEVER ONCE missed a gear when beatin on it. my ACT has locked me out numerous times.That tilton is a great and perfect track clutch jus not for DD IMO
Old Oct 16, 2009, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nomad4g63
Yeah but I'm just talking about the physics of it. If you have a bigger heavier clutch, it has more inertia so it doesn't just stop when you try to slip the clutch to set off. I'm not saying light clutches/flywheels are bad, but I'm suggesting they simply can't be as street friendly as a heavier and bigger clutch.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Taimur
that is for the twin cerametallic

as u can see there is

FUll Cerametallic
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/t...i-p-30469.html

& theres

Cerametallic / Organic
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/t...i-p-30470.html
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mywht03
i had the tilton for a good year. driveability to me is ****. the 2nd clutch engages so hard u will stall in traffic n i dont care how good u r. adding more gas to slip that clutch is a pain. after it eventually started to slip, i bought a cheaper clutch n went back to pull style. had the tilton sittin for maybe 6 months then sent it back to tilton for a rebuild. ****ers told me $1400.00. yeah so i bought an exedy twin n have yet to install it yet.

The good: that tilton can handle sum abuse. shifting through gears was a breeze n it loves to be driven hard, i have NEVER ONCE missed a gear when beatin on it. my ACT has locked me out numerous times.That tilton is a great and perfect track clutch jus not for DD IMO
Which did you have the HYBRID or the Full ceramic??? The hybrid has a much easier engagement and holds plenty of power..

Mike
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Which did you have the HYBRID or the Full ceramic??? The hybrid has a much easier engagement and holds plenty of power..

Mike
yeah i hear the Full ceramic and the hybrid are totally 2 different worlds of clutch engagment and drivability
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports

Mike
i had the full cerametallic. its good at being driven hard n throttle response was amazing. my car felt almost like a bike wen jus free revving. but driveability is no good to me especially gettin caught in traffic in the morning.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mywht03
i had the full cerametallic. its good at being driven hard n throttle response was amazing. my car felt almost like a bike wen jus free revving. but driveability is no good to me especially gettin caught in traffic in the morning.
I agree 100%.. Its more difficult to drive in Full ceramic.. But it does shift effortlessly and rev like it lost 20 lbs.. LOL

Mike
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

damnit how long has the Cerametallic / Organic been out? Im sure there have to be more owners on here that can give reviews.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TILTON Twin Cerametallic / Organic REVIEW