Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Mitsubishi MMCS iPod functionality

Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mitsubishi MMCS iPod functionality

I've searched evom, I've searched the interwebs, I've gone to the stealership, and I still can't get straight / good / conclusive information regarding iPod usability / functionality on the Mitsu MMCS nav system. I can't imagine that nobody out there is using their ipod with their MMCS whether it be with your own connection device or the mitsu ipod connector. I'm just looking for some info and visuals on installation and usability, as well as the user interface and how it works. Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

It doesn't work. All you can do is hook up the ipod to the audio jack under the a/c controls and control the music through the ipod.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

How is the playback at that point? Does it work like one would expect as far as sound quality and whatnot? I've read some things that the quality takes a hit when playing from an ipod. Also, is the cable need an audio to rca? Does anybody have any actually reviews or impressions of using the ipod with the factory sound / nav system?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Sound from the ipod through the cable is fine and sounds good. It sounds essentially like it would through a home theater system rather than headphones since the MMCS/Head unit will alter the frequencies based on your setup. All in all its good... just a pain in the *** since its not true ipod integration with no charging or control aside from the ipod itself.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

spy, are you using the mitsu cable or did you buy your own? what kind of cable is it and where does it plug in?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its a standard phono plug with left/right audio connectors on the other end. it plugs into the connectors under the hvac controls.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Got my cable at walmart for 6 bucks...

this is the more expensive version
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10756060
Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:13 AM

I have been using this for about 2 weeks to charge my IPod http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.38 and this to connect it through the RCAs http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.78

Both are dirt cheap and great if you can wait a week for them to ship from Hong Kong I think it is. Originally there was a humming noise that was annoying when charging the Ipod and listening to it at the same time, but after I switched the charger from the console power adapter to the front one by the shifter it was fine. I am a bit bummed out though that I can't use my LCD screen on the MMCS but hey it's still cool to have ipod in car.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 03:45 AM

I have an Outlander RX and i went for the dealer IPOD cable. I made sure before hand that it wasnt just the RCA audio in cable because they wanted (179AUD).
The cable works a treat, it comes out in the glove box and is a true ipod connector (plugs into the base of your ipod not the headphones socket) and it gives me full playlists, music select on the MMCS, i just lock the ipod in the glove box - no need to see it.
The only downside is that it doesnt charge the iPhone, it charges the Ipod Classic though. I can get photos of the install and screens if anyone is interested?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 08:54 AM

If you can post pics of your setup that be great.

Thanks

Originally Posted by JamesB
I have an Outlander RX and i went for the dealer IPOD cable. I made sure before hand that it wasnt just the RCA audio in cable because they wanted (179AUD).
The cable works a treat, it comes out in the glove box and is a true ipod connector (plugs into the base of your ipod not the headphones socket) and it gives me full playlists, music select on the MMCS, i just lock the ipod in the glove box - no need to see it.
The only downside is that it doesnt charge the iPhone, it charges the Ipod Classic though. I can get photos of the install and screens if anyone is interested?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

+1. Interested as well.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:15 PM
dfo

I would also really be interested in more details JamesB. Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Jun 24, 2009, 02:10 PM

also really interested, if it's possible as a dealer option I'll have the dealer install it (which should work for them since the car they want to sell me will be their show car for a bit)
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:32 PM
dfo

Reading similar requests for more information on other boards it appears as though there is something special about the Outlander MMCS integration cable and the part numbers thrown around for the cable is MZ607411EX or MZ608561

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mitsubishi MMCS iPod functionality