Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Evo8 piston in a 4G69

Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo8 piston in a 4G69

Hey guys I know it has been a long time since I posted on here but have been trawling the forums on occassions work has kept me too busy to do anything else, well the car is back to N/A and I have a pile of turbo parts sitting in my shed can't seem to get any interest in selling the parts so I thought to myself I might just build a engine to suit the parts I have...

So here is my question "will the rods and pistons from a Evo 8 fit into a 4G69?"

kindest regards christine
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
now I have been doing the exact same research, and from my understanding, the rods DO fit our car, but the pistons do not. You can get evo8 rods in our car, but you would need to get RRM pistons from them. 299 for rods and 799 for pistons.

Like i said i didnt try this out myself yet, but turbo tech PR said it is a direct fit. I will be doing this build in about a month or two. I'll let you know, or you can just take a look at my thread and read up on it..... I'll link it in the next post...
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...turbo-kit.html

there thats the thread... At first i was gonna just tune it to 12 psi and 100 shot of nitrous, but that'll be to hard to tune. After a while i found out TurboTechPRs lancer build, and he got 508WHP. so now im building the motor the exact way he did it. ALL TURBO, ALL BOOST. 26-33psi is the goal. Check out the thread, good info in there about pistons, rods, crankshafts..

good luck christine

Joe D
Old Jan 1, 2009, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Joe thanks for the link... I have not looked at it yet but will do so very soon... thanks for sharing - wow 500hp atw is incrediable feat to achieve and I think if anyone is going to get close to the TT car it will be yours - you are truely dedicated to producing power from the far side past what most see as being unrational and will no doubt throw there most common comment at people that modify non turbo Lancers.

good luck with your rebuild I will most certainly be keeping a close eye on your progress. Take care for 2009

christine
Old Jan 15, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

umm evo pistons arnt 87mm there to small ( lol hahaha) but Wiesco makes pistons and a few others but the rods will work aswell as some of the other evo ARP parts to beef it up there is also a Cross Chart thred that shows/tells us some of the engine parts from other engines that will work like brass valve guides and head bolts and cam gears exe. hope that helps
Old Jan 15, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

^Link to chart? Only info I have read on these threads about valve guides is what Migs posted and he posted 2-3 different ones in a thread that goes 20+ pages.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

evo rods do fit perfectly but evos pistons dont just get wiseco pistons for the 4g69 engine and evo 8 or 9 arp head studs and problem solve thats what I did and don't have any problems...
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Cheers for that info - I have a set of evo rods coming to me next week $240AU not too shabby price I knew about the ARP head studs... but very unsure about the Wiseco pistons... the funny thing is I looked on there site and thought I found the info then went back to it and could not find it - they have in there catologue the 4G64 pistons which I think fit but I am unsure if they are the correct ones for a turboed engine? Just not 100% sure on the spec that I am reading. Care to shed some light on this one for me
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

does RRM use wiseco pistons? this is the 3rd thread i read about wiseco making pistons for our car and i had no idea. what company does RRM use? I would like to get some JE Pistons in there. better reputation.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 05:49 PM

cp can make them too but wiseco is cheaper.

whats the best thing to do? send the piston company an actual oem 4g69 piston for them to copy or would they expect us to know the specs already?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...itsubishi.html

^ the above is a link to the pistons that Wiseco have - personally I would not waste time in giving another company a piston from our car as Wiseco have several types that are available... and Wiseco make awesome products
Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

did u order these already? they are 8.5 compression right??? howmuch did they cost you?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ighlight=cross

link to cross ref parts for 4g69
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

No have not ordered the pistons yet as I am having second thoughts about going turbo or staying N/A especially with the fact that we can get high compression pistons as well (10:5.1) just remember too that the EVO ones do not fit our car (RalliDew)

The other reason for having a doubt is if I can get my car complianced to have a turbo - when I went to do it the emission test was going to cost me nearly $5k (OMFG)
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:16 AM

for everyone contemplating aftermarket forged rods and forged pistons, are you getting the cylinder head worked on as well? do we know what the max size valves we can use?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Evo8 piston in a 4G69