Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So how much HP does the EVO VII have?

Old Apr 8, 2002, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question So how much HP does the EVO VII have?

Does it have the claimed 276hp or is it actualy more?
Old Apr 8, 2002, 08:26 AM

i thought it was over 300
Old Apr 8, 2002, 08:40 AM

Evo VII HP

The Evo VII is said to have 276 Horse Power, just anough to meet the states requirements. I dought it will be any more or any less, but we can always hope can't we?

Anyways, back to the Skyline.

Here's an article I found on the Skyline GT-R R35

"Despite these computer-generated pictures, the top of the line Skyline model will only carry the GT-R designation. That means Skyline name is rendered to all trim levels below the GT-R. JDM version GTR will have a blown VQ V-6 cylinder iron block for easy horsepower upgrades, while export versions will have a blown 3.5-litre (or 4-liter) V8 engine. The JDM version engine is not finalized, but a 3.3-litre VQ33DDTT engine is possible. The R35 GT-R will become Nissan's flagship sports car, and the rumored 450-hp output will likely quash even the supreme 911 Turbo and 360 Modena. Carlos Ghosn has decreed that all Nissan models will have the highest power output in their respective classes.

The image below is another computer-generated pic. Looks a lot better than the older prototypes you see above this. It has almost been decided that the Nissan Skyline GT-R R35 will use the R390's 3.5 liter V8 Twin Turbo. Even better news is that now, almost for sure, the GT-R R35 will be imported to the US."

That's all I found so far!
Attached Thumbnails So how much HP does the EVO VII have?-skylinegtr9.jpg  
Old Apr 8, 2002, 08:46 AM

V6 SKYLINE IS ON THE HORIZON!

Here's an even better article:

"Due to hit the road in 2004 (a year later than originally forecast) and guaranteeing an output of at least 350bhp, the next generation GT-R will pack a 3.5l V6 with twin turbos (maybe a variant of the unit used in the Nissan V300GT) as well as revolutionary wheel-mounted electric motors.

In early 2001, it was said that The R35 will inherit features from the existing R34's drivetrain and computerised wizardry, which should mean the R35 will have SUPER HICAS four-wheel steering and hopefully the four-wheel drive, ATTESA E-TS PRO and V-TCS (viscous helical LSD traction control system).
Well, they now say that the engine will be at the front end and will drive the rear wheels while electric motors will power the fronts, each working independently of the other.

By using a hybrid unit in addition to the twin-turbo V6, regenerative energy is produced from the rear wheels while power is fed to the front tyres as required through the lightweight in-wheel motors.
Not only does this add to the car's performance, the system will also offer impressive stability control. In contrast to the mechanical ATTESA E-TS 4WD system, there is no time-lag inherent in the new front-wheel-drive concept and it is capable of producing torque instantly.

With a 0-60mph of under 4.5 seconds and a top speed of 170mph, the GT-R35 will rival Porsche's new 966 Turbo, The new BMW M5 and the forthcoming V8-powered Honda NSX.

These shots were taken from Japanese magazines and are just computer generated models. But it looks very purposeful!

Insiders at Nissan say the new, more powerful, V6 unit is needed to allow the GT-R35 to compete with European supercars and to put more distance between the Skyline and rival Japanese cars, such as Mitsubishi's Evo VII, which already produces more than 280bhp.

The brakes will be uprated, the suspension tuned to give greater flexibility on demanding European roads and it will use a six-speed gearbox.

As with its predecessors, the new GT-R will only be available as a two door coupé. Some people have pointed out that the Skyline is a range of cars, not just the GT-R, and that all sorts of changes would be required to make a 4 door version. I don't believe this to be true as all the current R34 range (2 door, 4 door, 2WD & 4WD) have a wheelbase of 2,665 mm i.e. the same floorplan. The front tracks vary a little; 1,480mm for 2WD and 1,460mm for 4WD and the rear track is 1,470mm for all the non-GT-R Skylines. The GT-R is 1,480mm front and 1,490mm rear to squish in it's fat tyres. The 4 door cars are 4,705mm long Vs 4,580mm for the 2 door and 4,600mm for the GT-R, but that's a maximum difference of just 125mm or 5" and it's made up of all bodywork, not the underlying frame.

In 1999, Renault bought 36.8% of Nissan, which had heavy debts of over $23 billion and a loss of almost $6.5 billion at the end of their 1999 financial year! They embarked on a comprehensive restructuring and their first year of results to 31-March-2001 look like they are on the mend, with debt down to $20.5 billion and a profit of $2.7 billion. So let's hope the R35 happens!"
Old Apr 8, 2002, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

How long will it take for THIS thread to hit the OT circular bin!
Old Apr 8, 2002, 10:02 PM

Question

Thanks for the Info guys, but I was asking about the EVO, how did this get going on the Skyline????
Old Apr 9, 2002, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

I thought the GTR was discontinued?? Just read that in a car magazine but I guess they were wrong. They said that they sold the last production in germany, which was like a special edition of the car at the nuerburgring. Damn those magazines
Old Apr 9, 2002, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sk8boardIL
I thought the GTR was discontinued?? Just read that in a car magazine but I guess they were wrong. They said that they sold the last production in germany, which was like a special edition of the car at the nuerburgring. Damn those magazines

The R34 has been discontinued because of the new emission standards Japan is going to impose next year. Since the R34 will not pass emission, they just end of sale the R34 (partly because of emissions issues with the RB26 engine).

So R35 will take on the new VQ engines that are going into almost every Nissan (mostly like the V8 from the Q45 for the US market).

Back to the Evo HP question.
As everybody constantly said before, just wait and see for the official numbers from MITS.

I personally hope it is just under the magical 300HP (299?) for Insurance reasons. Imagine some of the rates we are paying for the US Lancers.... I wonder how much more damage it would cost our wallet for the EVO.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

I talked to my dealer and he said it will have 252 hp - don't know how reliable this info is (i hate rumours)
Old Apr 9, 2002, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Sk8boardIL
I talked to my dealer and he said it will have 252 hp - don't know how reliable this info is (i hate rumours)
I don't know why we can't all accept that NOBODY knows how much power this thing is going to have! Look at this Rumor forum...it's heresy and lies!
Old Apr 9, 2002, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

uhm the jdm lancer evo does indeed have 276 hp...no more and no less. i read it in the magazine and they clarified that it is not unerrated like many believe. 276 hp in a 3klb car running 13s sounsd about right.
Old Apr 13, 2002, 02:11 AM

Originally posted by The rEVOlution
I saw 276HP also man, but that was on a Japan/Euro spec. The guy at a dealership nearby told me straight up "a little bit under 300", so that's what I'm going by.

The rEVOlution
Haha... The "guy" at he dealership nearby. Since when does anybody ever believe or trust an employee of a dealership. On a side note, the new icons are cool.