Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Ho-To-Program Keyless Remote From Ebay

Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ho-To-Program Keyless Remote From Ebay

www.programyourremote.com. All there plain and easy.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

wow that is easy. What did you use for jumper wires, and where do they connect ?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Locate the Data Port.

Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.

Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Port terminals 1 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire, leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4.

Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, press the Hazard Switch 6 times. Note: The doors will automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.

Press the LOCK button on the remote to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful programming, the door will lock and unlock once.

Repeat step 5 with up to 4 remotes (including any existing remotes) within one minute. After completing each programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.

Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the ignition..
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:15 AM

I used a a piece of speaker wire.Haha. I tryed paper clip, but didn't work. Go with speaker wire. Works great. You gotta do it to all remote you have because they WILL not be programed anymore, so you gotta do it for each and everyone. Took me less then 1 min once i gotta it started. Dam dealers trying to take my money!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

haha someone else try it ... and leave some feed back on how easy it really is ...
Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

you guys talking about the remotes on ebay? if i didn't get keyless entry with mine, can i get the remote and program it??
Old Mar 22, 2006, 03:46 PM
HMG

after reading lanports post i immediately went to try it, only i couldnt find speaker wire. so i got on my knees with a paper clip, held them to the metal pieces on ports 1 and 4 and with my other hand pressed the hazard switch. it worked!!!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blacklancerr
you guys talking about the remotes on ebay? if i didn't get keyless entry with mine, can i get the remote and program it??
anyone know??
Old Mar 24, 2006, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by blacklancerr
anyone know??
Im not sure, but doesn't all lancer come with keyless? sorrie but if you didnt then i dont know. but hey if you got a friend with an extra lancer remote give it a try. Never know if you dont try it.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

keyless entry was a upgrade when i bought my 05 lancer es....but its ok i got a viper alarm w/ keyless entry.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 02:22 PM

If I have the keyless entry option, does this mean that I have trunk remote capability as well? Just wondering if the option is already there, I just need to buy the right remote. Or is the trunk option an extra option of and in itself?
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:59 AM

so i bought my car and i never got a remove just a key....
how can i find out if it has keyless entry so i can get a freakin remote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:19 PM

When i bought my car it was used so it only came with a key(2004 Lancer ES) I bought a remote off ebay. when it came to my house with the instructions i went to my car and tried to program it. the only problem was when i was trying to program it, it wasnt recieving the signals, the instructions said i needed some divice(access datalink connector, i think) that plugs into the data port (talked about earlier in the thread). im still confused bc if the technique works with grounding the 1st and 4th port, then i must not need it.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Nice find +1
Old Mar 22, 2007, 03:45 PM

I've searched the form but suggestions haven't really helped me thus far. I purchased my 2006 Lancer ES with no remotes. I decided to buy one off ebay to see if I could get it working. I can't even enter learning mode. I've tried both a paper clip and some speaker wire in spots 1 and 4 and i've tried it with the key in the LOCK position and with it in the AUX position. I then press the hazard switch 6 times and the doors don't lock or unlock, so it's never in learning mode. What am I doing wrong? Also, when you have the jumper properly connected, shouldnt the hazard lights not even come on at all? Is it possible that my car didn't come with the capability of keyless entry?

Last edited by OhSixLancer; Mar 22, 2007 at 03:55 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ho-To-Program Keyless Remote From Ebay