Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

FC Datalogit vs FC PRO software kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2006, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
FC Datalogit vs FC PRO software kit

just wanted to know what you guys input on both parts. are these two parts thesame? i've read thru the forum about members using datalogit. i called apexi yesterday and talked to Jun (tech), and he told me about the FC pro software kit. has anyone use the fc pro software kit? i've called some apexi PE dealers and some of them told me that the FC PRO isn't available for public unless you are a PE dealer. but Jun and some other PE dealer said i can purchase it for $250-$295 shipped. thanks guys.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's actually a few versions of PowerFC software (and cable).

Software:

Apexi FC Pro - Power Excel Tuners only - Not For sale

Apexi PowerFC Excel Software - Retail version - $460 AUD - Its a cut down version of FC Pro, has limited features. Basically read/write maps and change the same **** the hand controller can do.

FC Datalogit - The 3rd party product by the NZ guys. $500 AUD with cable/dongle and software. Access to all the hidden stuff from the hand controller. One unit does mutliple versions of PowerFC (ie: Skyline, WRX, S15, Silvia, GTR) etc.

FC Tune - Free 3rd party product being developed by a guy in Germany. It's nearing completion and is an alternative to datalogit, offering a better interface, more bug fixes, better features and overall better usage. if you wish to check it out have a look on the rx7 forums http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...5&page=3&pp=15 and look for "FC Tune" thats the program. You can download and use the beta but you'll need a datalogit of apexi cable.

FC Watch - A virtual guage program again by someone else on the rx7 forums. Have a look (use the link above) and check it out. Very cool.

Cables:

Apexi FC Pro Cable - Power Excel Dealers only

Apexi PowerFC Excel - Comes with the retail software you can buy

FC Datalogit Cable/Dongle Box - Comes with Datalogit

FC Tune Cable - The guy is making one up

Kashima's / Yahoo auctions Dodgy one - Theres a few types floating around, yahoo.jp auctions
Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the input Paul..
are you talking about the FC pro software part # 415-x910 thats ONLY available for PE dealer only? or that part number is the Apexi PowerFC Excel Software.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 04:10 AM

no the part no that you can get to is the retail power fc software.
thats the cut down powerfc software, as far as i know it allows you to save and load maps
Old Dec 18, 2006, 01:44 PM

very informative post paul thanks. Im purchasing FC datalogit here shortly, and I spoke to one of their dealers recently, and the newest version of their software allows interface with every pfc ever made. I dont know why anyone would consider apexis watered down version especially this late after launching the PFC initally.

The last option that you speak of is the map tracer, right?

Greg
Old Dec 19, 2006, 03:33 AM

yeah datalogit lets you do map tracer, but plot values on the highlighted cells
so you can do advanced watch for knocking - map tracer and it will highlight cells like a traditional map tracer but plot max/avg/min knockin values for each filled in cell, so you can easily work out which cells are knocking, or certain INJ, IGN, water temp etc etc...

yeah the recent datalogits do any powerfc, except supra

theres a special model for toyota supra still i am pretty sure