Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

adding turbo to lancer oz rally ed

Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question adding turbo to lancer oz rally ed

I need some info here !!!!! I have a 2002 Lancer OZ rally edition, and i also have a 16g turbo in a mitsu tdo5h housing. Can i bolt this right up to the stock engine with minimal difficulty? Or what would i have to change ( besides rerouting the outgoing exhaust of course). If someone out there is more knowledgeable that I on this subject please tell me everything i would need to do!!!! Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The bare basics

EDIT: Yes, I know it says nothing about install, but I don't think you have an idea of what is needed in a turbo setup. Just read the related links as well. Try doing a search on these forums as well for more reading material. My suggestion: Don't do anything. Sell the turbo or have a professional install it. Read zlancer's posts on his own turbo install. If that's not enough to turn you off to doing a custom self-install with no experience then I don't know what is.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Sep 4, 2002 at 12:25 AM.
Old May 10, 2005, 09:14 PM

speaking of turbos, i was thinking of getting a turbo kit in the future but then my friend turned me on to the idea of doing an engine swap, is there a specific engine that would bolt right into a 2003 lancer es engine bay or could i put in something like a 4g63 turbo cyclone?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 02:00 PM

Alright....Is a turbo/tb/headers/exhaust/rrm piggyback/lsd/ etc worth it on my 02 O-Z or should I just be a ***** and get the EVO?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

ralli art engine swap i herd is the best for non-turbo lancers... then turbo that engine. ( 4g69? )
Old Aug 8, 2005, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

no offense but why does everyone want to put 4g63 parts in a OZ or ES. I mean it can be done but save your time and money. Originality aside. Its not always cool to be original. but on the flipside anybody that wants a turbo and manifold for 4g63 see below.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

You would run into a million different problems trying to put a 4g63 evo engine into a ES/OZ, or even putting a ralliart engine (4g69) in. If you even have to ask the question if it can be done or how much it will cost, you are way over your head, and most shops heads.

oztoevowannabe-- don't forget about the stage 2 clutch.. It would be worth those mods. It would _almost_ be as fast as a stock evo.. pretty close depending on how well u built it and tuned it. Forget about the piggy though, use a safc and wideband 02 or something. It wouldn't beat an evo at a launch, but I've heard of someone on here taking one from a roll. Quarter mile would be faster for the evo though. (in most cases). Remember, I'm only talking stock evo vs. stage 2 turbo lancer.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah dont forget stage 2. thats the catalyst.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

I thought the 4g69 was "almost" "perfect"
Old Sep 30, 2005, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

you could get many different engines, like a 4g92 mivec, 4g64, 4g93 dohc turbo or non turbo, 6g12a will fit in and its a v6. Just because someone "doesnt want to buy an evo" doesnt mean you should crush there nuts for it, not saying it happened in this thread, but ive seen it in others. you should do the 4g69 engine in my opinion, its new, its different and not alot of people have tried it. Myself I am currently doing a 2.4 eclipse engine w/evo head w/16g turbo mated to a automatic. and in a mirage! soo anything is possible if you want it to be.
-phillip
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookEVO
no offense but why does everyone want to put 4g63 parts in a OZ or ES. I mean it can be done but save your time and money.....
I installed the Evo turbo in my car and even used the Evo manifold, Evo i/c with its piping, and guess what? I only spent around $1,700 to complete the project.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by prench
you could get many different engines, like a 4g92 mivec, 4g64, 4g93 dohc turbo or non turbo, 6g12a will fit in and its a v6. Just because someone "doesnt want to buy an evo" doesnt mean you should crush there nuts for it, not saying it happened in this thread, but ive seen it in others. you should do the 4g69 engine in my opinion, its new, its different and not alot of people have tried it. Myself I am currently doing a 2.4 eclipse engine w/evo head w/16g turbo mated to a automatic. and in a mirage! soo anything is possible if you want it to be.
-phillip
Cost vs. effectiveness (HP, available mods, difficulty) it just isn't worth it IMO. Collosal (minimum of some thousands) investment for minimal gains...where do I sign up?

BTW, awesome3 y/o thread.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I currently have the 4G64 in my 02 OZ Rally (i've had it sonce feb/mar of 06)...
i loooove it over the weak 4G94!! plus the aftermarket support forthe g64 is substancially greater than that of the g94.

i am in the hunt for the evo mani and turbo...they bolt right up to the g64!
if money allows...the evo head first...but if not...then evo snail here i come!!

I had to costom make that CAI, since the lancer one nor the eclipse CAI will fit.

this is with the RRM SRI

Old Nov 14, 2006, 09:32 AM

Question

Yeah, im a newbie... But i had a similar question... I have an OZ Rally that i wanted to Turbo and put an innercooler on... If I have this done, Im gonna have it professionally installed. Are there any disadvantages to having this done?
Old May 29, 2007, 01:37 AM

I just got my 02 OZ two weeks ago, found a full evo turbo kit, I think that it's from an evo 8... would my stock oz motor be able to handle?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: adding turbo to lancer oz rally ed