Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

US Spec EVO VIII vs JAPAN Spec

Old Mar 27, 2003, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Spec EVO VIII vs JAPAN Spec

Are the boys in the USA upset you didn't get the full on Japan spec EVO VIII?
Old Mar 27, 2003, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

not really since the US spec is much cheaper than JDM EVO VIII
Old Mar 27, 2003, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by yycools
not really since the US spec is much cheaper than JDM EVO VIII
This is true... The only thing I miss is the true horsepower rating... But that is soon to come as well... And I like having a larger gas tank!!!
Old Mar 27, 2003, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Ask this question next year when comes out with a EVO full spec ala JDM
Old Mar 27, 2003, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

don't think mitsu will change the existing USDM evo due to the cost. It will most likely to add another flavor of Evo(Ralliart evo maybe) that will be full spec at a higher cost. But IMHO, anything added to the existing USDM evo for averge joes like us is for bragging right only........
Old Mar 27, 2003, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by Jonasan50

This is true... The only thing I miss is the true horsepower rating... But that is soon to come as well... And I like having a larger gas tank!!!
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/E...a_popup_2.html
The Japanese versions have had their gas tanks enlarged, the GSR with a 55 liter one(same as US), while the RS has a smaller 50 liter(~13.2 gallon) one. Much better than the EVO VII, which had only a 48 liter(~12.7 gallon) for both the GSR and RS.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the US one. The RS rear diff is way better than having AYC which I think most will agree. ACD would be nice but the way the car is now, I'm extremely happy with it.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 10:58 AM
DJJ

Originally posted by s4awd
I love the US one. The RS rear diff is way better than having AYC which I think most will agree. ACD would be nice but the way the car is now, I'm extremely happy with it.

WOW and I remember all the post about people *****ing and whining about the US evo not getting the ACD. Boy oh boy how all that's changed. Now the Evo is better off w/out it.....
You people crack me up.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not convinced the Full JDM spec car is really any better than what we have. I've never been one to like electronic drivers aids. And the 5-7% hp difference is minimal when you consider how easy it is to add back in that hp if you so choose.

SC~
Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by DJJ
WOW and I remember all the post about people *****ing and whining about the US evo not getting the ACD. Boy oh boy how all that's changed. Now the Evo is better off w/out it.....
You people crack me up.
As soon as comparison test between the US and JDM EVO comes to the past, you will know how wrong or right you are right now. For my self, all the money would go to the JDM spec one!

Also, have in mind that for most common drivers around here, it will be hard to see the differences between those two, since they are not able to drive either one of those car close to the limit!

Be patient!!

Fedja
Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:15 AM
DJJ

I will admit that would be me. If I ever get the evo I wouldn't know the difference between the two. And IMO the current evo specs for the US are fine w/me. I was just suprised to see a comment about how the US spec is fine and that the JDM one is not needed after all those posts back a couple of months ago. Not tryin to harp on ya

I can't wait for comparison test to come out. When ever they get to them
Old Mar 27, 2003, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Its hard for my to compare since I haven't driven a JDM spec, and I know I haven't pushed this car to the limit of its capabilities, but from driving a few other fast cars, I feel equally right to drive amongst them. It seems to be a lot of yuppies don't know a lot about cars, and think my car is just some fixed up rice rocket, so they always gas it next to me. Most of the time I think I wouldn't be able to catch up, but this car somehow pulls like no other and next thing you know i am looking in my rear view mirror at thier devestated face.. So.. .. for the amount of money I paid. I beleive that I got a car that is infamously great. I have never drove a JSpec. so that is like asking someone how sex feels when all they have done is watched *****.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DJJ

You people crack me up.
People fear change man. That's how it is. We were knocking it before we tried it.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

So true. Before, all we knew was what the car had done in it's past forms overseas. We only knew what we had read. What we read was that the car kicks some major ***. Then when we find out that we aren't getting some of the items that we felt made the car so kick ***, we got a little bit upset, but just as s4awd said, we hadn't even had the chance to try it yet. Now the car is here and we are driving it and it still kicks some major ***. No shame in changing opinions once we realize we might have been wrong all along after months and months guesses.

Old Mar 30, 2003, 09:53 PM

how much $$$ more is the JDM evo compared to the USDM evo????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: US Spec EVO VIII vs JAPAN Spec