Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

My Vishnu nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Vishnu nightmare

First let me start by setting some things straight...

I never tried to Extort Vishnu performance systems....that is a LIE....by Vishnu trying to discredit and make me look like a scum bag.

Until recently I was one was one of Vishnus biggest supporters as my car was being used to promote their STAGE 2 STI kit.

I have no desire to spend days on end fighting off Shiv (Vishnus' owner) and gang...I will state my recent experince and u can draw ur own conculsions.

I had my car Dyno tuned by SHIV @ Vishnu..on Saturday.
The car made 371 hp/395 toqure.
I did tell Shiv to "push my car"...he did express a little hesitation about doing that.
My oredr to push the car was based on what i was told...that if anything went bad that it would be a "joint venture " to fix...and that my car is being used as the "STI porject/shop car"

I went straight home ( about 45 miles) and parked the car for the week.
Friday night i went to the race track...Sacramento county raceway

On the first pass the motor let go...the car ran a 11.9 but something felt wrong...sure enough i get back to the pits and the motors toast.

I called SHIV...he says " Don't worry we'll take care of it...tell everybody its the transmission if they ask"..
I don't trip out...i figure they have my back because of what had been previously said.

We did talk about installing a race motor and a GT30 turbo at first. That changed.
I have since talked and even once meet up with Shiv about this problem, or i should say my problem...and he made it clear he could care less about me or what had happened.

He has tryed to black balled me with some of the local shops,,,,spinning and twisting things around.

I never asked for a free motor, or a huge discount on a race enigne....
What Shiv offered was to install the motor for $600-700 ( shops charge $1000-1400)..and have me pay FULL retail price for the motor/parts....and to wait for a while before they could start on the car..(about 4-6 weeks).

My car has been down for 7 weeks now,....and i have moved on.
I know i will be trashed by Shivs backers, but i feel people should know who they r dealing with..

Dave from Vishnu: Please don't have customers call me anymore...and why r u tuning STIs to run 22#'s of boost on CA 91 octane and 28# on race?..When u said u had learned from my cars motor letting go?????

That is what made me come forth with all this..i'm tired of the lies.

Thank u for ur time

Mark

BTW Shiv have u fixed that broken dyno temp probe yet...??its must be a pain to enter temps manualy every time u do a dyno run..
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:13 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

wow.......... crazy stuff.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MBGSTI
Until recently I was one was one of Vishnus biggest supporters as my car was being used to promote their STAGE 2 STI kit.
Now was there a contract drawn up for vishnu tuning to use your car? Was their anything that said who's responcibility it was if something went wrong with your car who would be held responcible?
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad i'm not involved, looks like it might get ugly!
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:20 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

I've never trusted/liked Vishnu, but it would be nice to have both sides of the ordeal. Of course, in a situation like this it is going to end up as a "he says/she says" type deal with both parties telling different stories and the truth probably somewhere in between. Don't suppose you got anything in writing did you? Witnesses to your agreement?
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MBGSTI
He has tryed to black balled me with some of the local shops,,,,spinning and twisting things around.

Bwahahahah. WTF, dude? How is Shiv "black balling" you from OTHER shops? Did you call another shop and they said, "Sorry, Shiv said we can't help you." Riiigggghhhtttt.

Plain and simple, you shouldn't have "pushed the motor".

BTW, I'm not a Shiv supporter. I can just smell a tard covered in poo.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UFO
I've never trusted/liked Vishnu, but it would be nice to have both sides of the ordeal. Of course, in a situation like this it is going to end up as a "he says/she says" type deal with both parties telling different stories and the truth probably somewhere in between. Don't suppose you got anything in writing did you? Witnesses to your agreement?
its not nice to bash other tuners, well at least thats what you've told me in the past and here you are stating you dont like nor trust vishnu. whats up with that? i guess you can point the finger but it doesnt really matter if you do it yourself.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about your dilema. i have heard very good things about both vishnu and shiv. i hope you guys can figure everything out. best of luck to both of you.
ps, props to you for bringing it up in a calm, cool, manner, for all of us to hear, and to form are own judgement. it definately shows great qualities about you for letting us know your side of the story in that calm of a manner. thanks.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:31 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
its not nice to bash other tuners, well at least thats what you've told me in the past and here you are stating you dont like nor trust vishnu. whats up with that? i guess you can point the finger but it doesnt really matter if you do it yourself.
Oh no, are you going to follow me around now? I said it's no nice to launch a 1 man personal war against a tuner (you know, like your buddy did). Nothing wrong with saying you don't like them, and you don't see me following Shiv around posting in every ****ing thread concerning him either. You're not THAT naive are you?

[edit] Plus, you might have noticed that I'm not actually supporting the original poster in any way, shape, or form.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

just saying if the shoe fits wear it.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck w/ both sides. i hope you guys can work together to come up w/ some kind of compramise. i really hate all of us evo owners bickering about this kind of stuff.
hey guys work it out!
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
just saying if the shoe fits wear it.
No, you're just trying to get a rise and you know it. You simply took my statement and twisted it to meet your needs, you don't need a cobbler for that. My statment was a caveat that I wasn't a Shiv supporter so that I could not be accused as one following my reply. But, of course, you don't care anyway do you? You'll just make it fit whatever agenda you have.
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Well, this is different arguement than I was expecting.
Bonus!
Ding. Round One.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Old Dec 15, 2004, 01:41 PM

popcorn and soda are ready....lllllets get ready to rrrrrrrrumble

Quick Reply: My Vishnu nightmare