Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

NTEC/DonHerring MSR Track Day Sat. 9/28/2013

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NTEC/DonHerring MSR Track Day Sat. 9/28/2013

************************************************** *************************************************

__________________________________________________ _______________
Date: Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013
Time: 7 AM - 5:30ish PM
Track: 1.3 mile Counter Clockwise (normal direction)
Fuels: No E-85 in the area (unless EvoDynamics brings his barrel..better contact him)
Texaco (on the premises) has pump gas and several race gas choices (at separate stand alone pumps near the MSR entrance road)
Lunch: Subway compliments of Don Herring!! (guests will find food in town at the Subway, or Sonic [the BBQ and Texaco Tacos are both closed down])

*NTEC, yes YOU and your friends in NTEC will be putting this on. Don Herring is renting the track, but we are looking for volunteers to help: at the gate, morning registration, in car instruction (advanced drivers will hopefully ride w/novice), paddock helpers, classroom helpers, lunch set up, and much much more!!
*Price: $95
click "BUY NOW" on the Don Herring link: http://donherring.info/FP/DHMMSR.html

Insurance: last time some owners asked...http://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/Default.aspx?cID=1
Lockton HPDE® Insurance Program protects you where you need it most: the track. As any High-Performance Driver’s Education enthusiast knows, finding the coverage you need to protect yourself during events is almost impossible. Over the past ten years many auto insurers have changed their policies to exclude coverage for claims "occurring on a surface used for racing", "at a high-performance driving event", or "use of an auto at a racetrack".

** VERY IMPORTANT DETAILS**
  • Register/Pay following Don Herring's link http://donherring.info/FP/DHMMSR.html
  • E-Mail Don Herring your Driver's Questionaire (you can do this even before you're registered/paid)
    dj@donherring.com
  • Arrange for a Tech Inspection, see below (you can do this even before you're registered/paid)
1) You must have the tech inspection done before Saturday and bring it. A copy of the tech inspection sheet is attached HERE. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...on_form-1-.pdf
MUST BE SIGNED BY A CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN.
Last time these NTEC sponsors handled it for free and most of them are also offering free brake flush if you buy fluid from them!!!
TexasTrackWorks, EvoDynamics, and our newest, Tandem Auto in SE Fort Worth

TexasTrackWorks is ALSO offering a major discount on custom alignments on their new Hunter machine!! call them for an appointment: 817-926-8863

2) The driver's questionnaire is attached at the bottom of this post for you to cut, paste and mail to Don. This will help us organize the event more to your wishes.

3) Gate opens at 7:00 AM.
THINGS TO BRING TO REGISTRATION
tech inspection (completed and signed by tech)
no registration sheet (Don Herring will already have this)
no questionaire (this should already have been emailed to Don with registration)
Sign in is 7:30-8:30 at the 1.3 mile skid pad
(which is to the right when you enter the property, you will see us on the right as you make the drive up the hill).
YOU MUST BE AT THE DRIVER'S MEETING IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.

4) If you have a chair/tent (for shade) please bring it. You will need water (consider an ice chest), sunscreen, and a hat in addition to whatever you need for your vehicle.

5) Helmets can be rented from the MSR office. (I'd call and reserve one to be sure its available)
No fire suit required but you must where long pants and a long sleeve shirt when on track.

MSR is located at: http://www.motorsportranch.com/contact_info.cfm
Motor Sport Ranch
9012 Performance Court
Cresson, TX 76035

PICTURES FROM LAST TIME: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...010-msr-5.html

Don Herring Mitsubishi - MSR Track Day
Event Schedule
Sat. 9/28/2013

Gates Open 7:00am
Sign-in 7:30am – 8:30am
Briefing/Driver's Meeting (required) 8:30am

Track Schedule
This is an approximate schedule and will be adjusted during the day for any off-track cleanups, etc.
Classroom instruction for the GREEN/NOVICE group will be held while the other groups are on the track. It will end about 15min. before your track time to give you time to stage in the pit area.

MORNING SESSIONS

Red on 9:00am (advanced)
Red off 9:20am

Blue on 9:25am (intermediate)
Blue off 9:45am

Green on 9:50am (novice with advanced riding along)
Green off 10:10am

Break start 10:10am
Break finish 10:25am

Red on 10:25am
Red off 10:45am

Blue on 10:50am
Blue off 11:10am

Green on 11:15am
Green off 11:35am

Blue Lunch start 11:15am
Blue Lunch finish 12:30pm

Worker Lunch start 11:40am
Worker Lunch finish 12:50pm

Red Lunch start 11:40pm
Red Lunch finish 12:50pm

Green Lunch start 12:00pm
Green Lunch finish 1:15pm

AFTERNOON SESSIONS

Red on 1:00pm
Red off 1:20pm

Blue on 1:25pm
Blue off 1:45pm

Green on 1:50pm
Green off 2:10pm

Break start 2:10pm
Break finish 2:25pm

Red on 2:25pm
Red off 2:45pm

Blue on 2:50pm
Blue off 3:10pm

Green on 3:15pm
Green off 3:35pm

Break start 3:35pm
Break finish 3:50pm

Parade Lap/Photos 3:50pm-5:00pm

Testimonials:
Thank You Don Herring Jr. and everyone else involved for a great event! I had the electron blue Z06.

I have never attend this event or driven at MSR. I didn’t really know what to expect and set my expectations low. Let me say this event and the 1.3 mile course well exceeded everything I had imaged. I have attended road racing events with Viper Days (4 events), Panoz Racing (3 events), TracQuest (1 event), and Year One (1 event) at Road Atlanta, VIR, Sebring, and TGPR.

I must say I was very impressed with the drivers in the advance group, or maybe it was some of the nicely prepared EVO’s. I know to bring my track tires and race pads next time to have any chance of keeping up or just bring a tow rope. The M3 was probably running the quickest times around the track. I should have ridden with him to learn a thing or two or three.

-Teddy

What a great day out at the track. Thank you again Don for setting up this wonderful day. Also, Kelly, Mark, Laramie, Tim, Chad, Quincy, Tehien, and all of the corner workers, thank you for your time and help. We could not have had such a wonderful day without you. Leah wanted to make sure to say "Thank You" to everyone that gave her a ride along especially Tim who makes it look so easy, while going so fast

A personal thanks goes out to PTP and Kyle. They lent me a couple of tools that helped me fix my UICP (knew I should have switched to constant torque clamps). Also, after only being able to run 3 laps because of car issues, Kyle came all the way back to Ft Worth, fixed his car and came back out to the track, just to support NTEC and help out with instruction. He personally showed me a much faster line and is an awesome instructor.

Everyone that didn't get to make it out should definitively try to make it out to a track event in the future. I have been to track days before and to be able to run 5 sessions in almost unheard of and at a price of $85, it is the best deal I have ever heard about. It lets you see the limits of your car (stupid trans cooler) or better yet, your limits as a driver.
Krisiun

Weekend Options:
BestWestern Cresson Inn ---
we have an early Saturday planned and a Friday night here would really make your Saturday easier....
across Hwy 377 from MSR.... $90 king or double (tell em GenManager, quoted the rate for MSR event)

WakeSportRanchsome of you have families that you don't want to leave at home or may not want to hang around all day looking at 'cars'

WakeSportRanch on the grounds overlooking our 1.3 track
http://www.wakesportranch.com/news-wsr.cfm

Granbury has plenty to do as well...it is a quaint/historical weekend destination w/everything you can think of to stay, eat and do

Questionaire (cut and paste this to Don Herring with your registration) dj@donherring.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for being part of Don Herring/NTEC Track Day . Please answer a few questions below, and submit the responses to Don Herring:

Name: __________________________________e-mail: ____________________
Contact number: _(___)____-_________________
Forum nickname: __________________________
Vehicle planning on driving: ___________________

A. Been to School??

Have you attended a Driving School before?
School:
Driver Group Level and description of skills you mastered:
Are you comfortable being an instructor?

B. Out of School?

What Road Racing Tracks have you driven on before and how many times?
What driving groups?
Private instruction?
What skills did you master lately?
What skills are you currently working on?

C. Don Herring MSR Day

What motivated you to sign up for this event?
What skills do you want to get out of this track day?
Have you driven the 1.3 mile track at MSR?
How many times?
What groups?
How do you plan to emphasize safety at this event?

Please also remember:
You must be present at the initial driver's meeting to participate.
Some groups may hit the track following this meeting, so have yourself
and car prepared beforehand.

If you have not been to the track before the address is:

MotorSport Ranch http://www.motorsportranch.com/contact_info.cfm
9012 Performance Court
Cresson, TX 76035

Last edited by DEVO330; Sep 12, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:09 PM

post 2 saved...
for sign ups etc
Old Jun 25, 2013, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Super exited!!! Expect to see numerous Evolution Dynamics and My Shop Assist Evo's at this event.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

I would like to volunteer my services for instruction, anything y'all need, corner work etc. Though I moved that is a good excuse to go back, plus maybe my car will be ready by then. I will know more as time gets closer.

random opinion: I think we should try to use the 1.7 cw! definitely a favorite and fun to drive on, great track.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

I'm in this year if we get the bigger track. Also are we limiting the number to a smaller amount this year as discussed?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

im in
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:42 PM

I prefer the 1.7 for this event on many levels.
Its calendar is full; we had very few dates avail. for even the 1.3
The entry number is set by Don to help defray the expenses needed to keep the entry fee under $90.
I've had many superb compliments stemming from classroom and track instruction. I can only hope they all return. Posting your experiences would make great reading and almost ensure their return
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd love to hear more about the differences in the two track layouts.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

The 1.3 is very technical. This means (according to me) that the turns are tighter, slower, and often blind. You really need to take it slow to learn the track. Also, top speeds are much slower on the 1.3. Finally, the 1.3 has pretty nasty run off areas compared to the 1.7.

That being said, I love the 1.3 track. Funky brake zones and nifty tricks to go faster. The 1.3 is very difficult for high hp cars because it is hard for them to find grip in 2nd gear. Luckily, not a problem for Evo's!

Most people like the 1.7 better because it has a wide variety of turns at higher speeds. To each his own.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

I remember a conversation from last year regarding the number of people on the track at the same time... many simply said.. "Too many" I'm certainly happy to pay more to have more room on the track. The instruction was fantastic. Jim, Todd and the classroom guy.. All GREAT!

I learned a lot. I'm totally being selfish I know... but the GTR wants to RUN. Please don't let me sway going to the bigger track if thats not what the majority want. I know Jake Parker would probably want the 1.7 as well with his New Porsche Turbo.. But once again.. we don't own Evos anymore and I know its a Evo event. You certainly won't hurt my feelings if the 1.3 is whats selected. Keep us updated Kelly as I know you put a lot of effort into this event. TY again.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by justin81
im in
Lies.....
Old Jun 27, 2013, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

If it's open to non-evo's, I'll be back this year for sure. Did it last year in my VIII and had a blast.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I'm in too
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:03 AM

I am in... blocked off my calendar.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 05:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WORD
If it's open to non-evo's, I'll be back this year for sure. Did it last year in my VIII and had a blast.
Let's make sure you can hit full boost this year. Haha

Quick Reply: NTEC/DonHerring MSR Track Day Sat. 9/28/2013