Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Team for NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Team for NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill 2013

Because racecar, I'm working with Fall-Line Motosports to come up with plan to get the car and crew ready for NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill event at the end of this year. If the numbers and timeline workout, I'm definitely going to do this. I will be covering all expenses with regards to the car and crew.

I'm a new to all this, so my goal is to go out have fun, and hopefully complete the event. I would love to take podium, but this is not the goal for this year.

I'm looking for another 3 drivers for the car. These drivers should preferably be EVO drivers, that are pasionate about this platform. Proven racing competition expirience is required. Driver's would have to cover their own travel, lodging, dinning, and any other personal expenses they might incur. They should also have their own personal approved safety equipment.

I have already extended invitations to Marty and Ryan, with the hopes that they would join this team.

If you are interested please let me know, and I will send additional information with regards to kickoff meeting and preparation plans.

This is going to be lots of fun :P
Old Mar 27, 2013, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
dang gl
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

With Fall-line motorsports you are taking this serious! I had my car down there last year for NASA tech and was amazed at the quality of the cars they take care of.

I have plenty of experience racing an Evo. (and 24 hour mtn bike races). Just not road racing! . I can think of at least 6 evo drivers that are on these forums that would fit the bill tho. But, if you can't seem to round up the drivers i would be willing to go get a road race license this season if needed.

Either way good luck. It sounds like fun!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
With Fall-line motorsports you are taking this serious! I had my car down there last year for NASA tech and was amazed at the quality of the cars they take care of.

I have plenty of experience racing an Evo. (and 24 hour mtn bike races). Just not road racing! . I can think of at least 6 evo drivers that are on these forums that would fit the bill tho. But, if you can't seem to round up the drivers i would be willing to go get a road race license this season if needed.

Either way good luck. It sounds like fun!
Thanks, we are truly excited to get this program started
Old Apr 4, 2013, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck. I'll know who to root for this year. If you guys need an extra crew member to help out let me know.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

I believe the drivers need endurance racing experience as well. Pitstops are very important. No mistakes during pitstops.

Also what class are you gonna run in? Make sure you get tire, brake pad, fuel data at Thunderhill. That way you can plan your strategy.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

^you crewed for 949 this year right Zhong?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:46 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I crew for Team El Diablo Motorsports. We took 1st in E0 last year.

Old Apr 8, 2013, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure EvoIX
I believe the drivers need endurance racing experience as well. Pitstops are very important. No mistakes during pitstops.

Also what class are you gonna run in? Make sure you get tire, brake pad, fuel data at Thunderhill. That way you can plan your strategy.

I have driven a few enduro races and while enduro driving experience helps I found it more important to have an experienced crew and team manager. The drivers do have to practice getting in and out of the car quickly and there are certain tricks for getting the most out of your car and fuel while not burning the car down. Key is you have to finish to win and you can't run at the same pace you would for a sprint race or especially a qual/time attack lap. It should be a fun event.

Last edited by Galant VR-4 #34; Apr 8, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Johns_EVO_IX_SE
^you crewed for 949 this year right Zhong?
Yes and we took home the E1 win.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! good luck! Pit stops and driver changes are probably one of the most important things to take into consideration, was with edge motor-works it was such a good experience to have. Maybe we will see you guys out there in 2013. ill be there with edge again most likely
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:48 AM

Best of luck at achieving your goals sir.

I'll make sure to follow your results!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:56 AM

You will have lots of fun! share data