Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

2014 Lancer Evolution

Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Lancer Evolution

Hey guys,

I will update info on the next gen car as soon as I get the info and believe me I am asking all the time. However I was made aware today that the 14 will be built and is confirmed.

Tristan

Last edited by tristanq; Dec 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just wish Mitsubishi would actually do something special for 2014 model to keep it hot.
I mean it would be sold in single digits if it keeps same performance numbers as it is now, and by then it would be 7 year aged car. Its sad it has to go "electric" so "early".
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:32 PM

Thanks Tristan for the update. Do you have any idea when they will release package options for 2014? I'm wondering if the touring package will carry over.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:54 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
nothing new, nothing concrete. links would help.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:55 PM

This is the first time I have heard that the Evo X would made in the 2014 year.
Everything I have read and been told till now 2013 was the last year for sure.
This is why I made sure I bought one this year if I really wanted one. Well just
Kick me in the *****!
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Electric in a sports car lmao let's all just buy Prius to keep the government happy. The tax our taxs, tell us what kinda cars you have to pretty much buy cause they will tell the manufactur what to make. Sounds like communism to me.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cbus
This is the first time I have heard that the Evo X would made in the 2014 year.
Everything I have read and been told till now 2013 was the last year for sure.
This is why I made sure I bought one this year if I really wanted one. Well just
Kick me in the *****!
2013 is the last year for the X. The car being discussed is the 2015 Lancer Evolution XI expected sometime in 2014. At one time, the Evo was going the way of the Do Do, but Mitsu came to its senses. Regardless, two years is a long time so I hope they throw us a bone soon.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by netjoy
2013 is the last year for the X. The car being discussed is the 2015 Lancer Evolution XI expected sometime in 2014. At one time, the Evo was going the way of the Do Do, but Mitsu came to its senses. Regardless, two years is a long time so I hope they throw us a bone soon.

We must be reading two diffrent threads and watching two diffrent youtube videos because what the man at the dealership in the video just said that, "the 2014 will still be an EVO X."
I mean come on the title of his video is "The 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer evolution X to come to Canada."

People have been swearing they have bought the last model year for the Evo X since 2011, LOL to them.

Last edited by Mad_DOHC VTEC; Dec 15, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mad_DOHC VTEC
We must be reading two diffrent threads and watching two diffrent youtube videos because what the man at the dealership in the video just said that, "the 2014 will still be an EVO X."
I mean come on the title of his video is "The 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer evolution X to come to Canada."

People have been swearing they have bought the last model year for the Evo X since 2011, LOL to them.
A local dealership here in Los Angeles also confirmed that there will be a 2014 EVO X. What he couldn't confirm is whether all the trims and packages will still be available, for example, the touring package on the MR.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Hmm just went to the local dealer with a friend wanting to buy a 2013 evo.. and guess what they are pre-ordering 2014's already.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, Mitsubishi certainly gets some mileage out of their platforms, don't they? The car has been around for 8 years with 2014 being the 7th year of the same, exact platform. I cannot think of a car besides the Volkswagen Beetle that has gone so long without any styling changes or drivetrain improvements. I know money is tight at Mitsubishi and the Evo is considered a second rate stepchild and all, but just the same, it would have been nice for them to throw us a bone and throw in a little bonus somewhere, whether it be styling, suspension, engine or even wheels.

All the scuttlebutt for the last year including the media has been saying that the 2013 X would be the absolute final version of the car and that late in 2014, the XI would come out. I wonder if Mitsubishi is having second thoughts about this or is changing its game plan? Maybe they have seen the light and have seen that customers still want cars like the Evo X, albeit in an updated platform of the next Lancer. I have only owned my 2011 GSR which I bought brand new for 1 year and 5 months, so considering the fact they are talking about 2014's, my car sounds kind of old. LOL
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Well, Mitsubishi certainly gets some mileage out of their platforms, don't they? The car has been around for 8 years with 2014 being the 7th year of the same, exact platform. I cannot think of a car besides the Volkswagen Beetle that has gone so long without any styling changes or drivetrain improvements. I know money is tight at Mitsubishi and the Evo is considered a second rate stepchild and all, but just the same, it would have been nice for them to throw us a bone and throw in a little bonus somewhere, whether it be styling, suspension, engine or even wheels.

All the scuttlebutt for the last year including the media has been saying that the 2013 X would be the absolute final version of the car and that late in 2014, the XI would come out. I wonder if Mitsubishi is having second thoughts about this or is changing its game plan? Maybe they have seen the light and have seen that customers still want cars like the Evo X, albeit in an updated platform of the next Lancer. I have only owned my 2011 GSR which I bought brand new for 1 year and 5 months, so considering the fact they are talking about 2014's, my car sounds kind of old. LOL
A styling refresh has been overdue since your model year, so introducing the same vehicle in 2014 without any aesthetic changes or performance enhancements would be a major slap in the face of their customer and fan base. The Evo is not the only game in town and Mitsubishi will continue to lose customers if the 2014 is just a carry over. Talk about milking the cow dry- pathetic.

Last edited by netjoy; Dec 16, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

man, disappointing. thx for the heads up on the 2014 Tristan.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:57 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX

the current body style CZA started in 2008. so, we should not see a redesign until the 2015 year with a spyphoto in 2014. remember that the CT9A was sold until the 2007 MY worlwide.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
the current body style CZA started in 2008. so, we should not see a redesign until the 2015 year with a spyphoto in 2014. remember that the CT9A was sold until the 2007 MY worlwide.
Yeah, but nothing on the x has changed at all. At least there were suttle changes on the vii and ix. The x has not changed one bit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Lancer Evolution