Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Weird Comparison.. F350 7.3L or Newer Civic?

Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Comparison.. F350 7.3L or Newer Civic?

I have an 05 ralliart I'm upside down on from my previous evo. I was just going to trade on an X but I purchased a 99 GSX instead. That being said I have nowhere to store the ralliart now and don't want to see it suffer from outside wear and tear. Mitsubishi doesn't really have anything that fits my criteria of being a diesel truck or fuel efficient car.. Now I have narrowed my vehicle trade of choice down to 2 options pretty much; an older (99) F350 7.3L Powerstroke or a newer (06-08) Civic. I would like to hear any input from anyone who's owned either (or both lol) of these vehicles - good, bad, whatever.

The main differences I've come up with is the civic would be more fuel efficient, and is newer. The truck would be able to haul things (needed badly). Opinions?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

thats too entirely different options.. it sounds like the truck is needed from what you said to haul things. The Gsx can be tuned to get good gas mileage and still be fun. I was getting 25mpg with my old one and still ran 12's all day.

If you cant deciede get a coin and make the truck heads and the honda tails. And flip the coin, while its in mid air your going to know what u would rather have cause u'll be hoping for one side to land over the other... which ever it is is the one you should go buy
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I had a built 2007 Civic Si and loved it. The only reason I have an Evo now is because I was offered an insane amount of money to part with my Si. They are easy to mod and I feel they are very stylish. Handling, braking and balance are all good for the money as well. Talk about an apples and oranges comparison. I actually like Ford trucks and would have one if I had both the money and garage space. A 1999 model sounds kind of old though. I would be a little concerned about it unless you know the owner and the condition of the truck. Personally, I would go with the Civic, especially if it is an Si.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

The GSX is a garage queen with 18k miles haha. I agree though I believe the civic is a more sensible choice and my only desire to mod it would be for more efficiency as I have all the power I want in my dsm. I don't know if I can find an Si for what I want to be spending unfortunately and I'm not sure but the Si may cost more to insure?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:59 PM

Don't get the Si, prices are ridiculous for what you get
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Not true. You can find some amazing prices on them. Go on Auto Trader and you will see. I guess the main thing is how much the OP wants to spend on a car. If he is looking for less than 10k, then an Si would be out.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:57 AM
Evolving Member

I actually looked into the Si a bit and the price seems to be in my range, I also found out my car books for more than I originally thought which is awesome. I was told to check out some VW golf TDIs too but I'm torn. If I don't find exactly what I want I will just hold off and sell my car down the road.