Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Power Stop Brakes Rotors and Pads Review

Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Stop Brakes Rotors and Pads Review

Hello everyone, like many of us, money has been really tight. I needed rotors on my car bad, so I decided to replace the pads and rotors with Power Stop Ceramic Brake Pads (rumor is they are pretty close to the Hawk HPS compound) and Drilled/Slotted Rotors. I got the pads AND the rotors sent to my door for $280!!

From the company that sold them to me, they said the rotors are indeed made in China to their specs and to meet our regs. So we will see how they go. As for the brake pads, they are Evolution Ceramic Pads that from what other forums have said are meant to be a Hawk HPS competitor.

Now I am not saying go race with these suckers, but for DD duties and Evo AutoX duties they should be fine.

I also bled the lines and filled with ATE Supeer Blue (ATE 200 Blue) and then went for a drive to bed them in. That consisted of about 10 aggressive stops from 55mph or so to about 10mph. The pedal is nice and firm, they feel very good. I will report back when I have some miles on them. So far so good O0

My Dad and I installed them. Took most of one day to do everything. Here are some pics for you.

Front:
Name:  03-23-2011024.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  96.3 KB

Rear:
Name:  03-23-2011022.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  111.4 KB

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Jeff
Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

1000 Mile UPDATE

This is after 1000 miles of use, the Rotors, Pads seem top notch. I have not done ANY AutoX on this set up and probably won't. No funds for that right now. BUT spirited driving and DD duties thus far have been excellent. Pads have great initial bite, Pedal modulation is excellent, I am very impressed thus far. All for $280 Plus I spent about $12 for a liter of ATE 200 BLUE Racing Brake Fluid.

So Far So Good. Cant beat the price for those on a budget. Thats for sure.

Jeff
Old Apr 4, 2011, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks

I've been looking to buy a new brake set up for a while,Where did you buy them from (website) ? Btw thanks for the info,it's always good to know about alternatives to high cost setups.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

I bought the set here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

People kinda make fun of the Ebay Store Products, but Brake Motive is a USA Company, the Rotors are from China, but are machined here and coated here. The Pads are Made in the USA.

I have a bout 1000 miles on the set up so far and even though you cant compare these "street" pads to lets say a High End Hawk, or Endless Pad, these cost a fraction of their cost.

For Daily Driving duties they are all you really need. Save the "track" pads for the Track.

Jeff
Old Apr 9, 2012, 05:23 PM

Those brakes are the same break rotors n pads that I ordered from ebay n I talked to a few customers that own these n hvn't had many problems with them. Thanx for the info on how they are on your ride.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 05:27 PM

i see that u live in cali, but i live in NY, will those rotors crack cuz i need new rotors asap??
Old Apr 9, 2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by VIIIdriver
I've been looking to buy a new brake set up for a while,Where did you buy them from (website) ? Btw thanks for the info,it's always good to know about alternatives to high cost setups.
ebay sells these... heres my link to these breaks...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-K...ht_6325wt_1396
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from what ive researched and heard, stoptech is pretty high up there they are legit. They are arguably in the same level as brembo and wilwood but probably the bottom of the 3. Ive used their street pads and i like them.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:47 AM

ya they look good, and it works great bascically the same setup i have on mine. i would def recommend it.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:41 PM

thanks for the review!
Old May 1, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Shouldn't have gotten the cross-drilled. The holes are going to fill with brake compound and become basically useless. Slotted rotors are the way to go as they sweep away the gasses and dust that develops during braking. For the price, not terribly shabby, but I don't think you'll be happy with them long-term. Keeps us posted.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:59 PM

DE brakes

Quick question, im looking to get new brake pads and rotors ...
ill be picking up ceramic coated pads and form the sounds of things here, the Power Stop rotors.. (cuz its a good price) ... but if i wanna bleed the brakes and replace the fluids, can i drop in the same race fluid in my DE that buddy up top was using (ATE BLUE 200) otherwise ... what is a good fluid to use??

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2016, 06:15 PM

FYI, I try the power stop pad Z23 Evolution Sport with new new rotors.
The brake pads work well and the pedal is firm but I the pad are very Noisy with humidity or with water.
The brakes are screaming very loud for the firsts stops everytime is wet or at every morning.
I try to fix the problem with brake quiet paste on the back of the pad but it's doesn't work.

I really hate these brake pad and I don't recommand it.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 06:57 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Do you have the OEM shims installed front & back?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 07:51 AM

The power stop pads come already with shims on the back of the pads.
They are similars to the OEM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Stop Brakes Rotors and Pads Review