Notices
09+ Ralliart Show and Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Eh-jhey's RA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh-jhey's RA

Hey guys. Figured it was time for me to post some details on my RA I got back in October. I don't have any extreme plans for her as of yet seeing as she's daily driven. But something like 300hp (at the crank) would I think be comfortable. Should be pretty close to that already. Catback might get me there, but I'll have to wait for a Dyno day to see :P

Current Mods:
GST 91 Octane Basemap + Boost pill
EVO X BoV
WORKS Drop in panel filter
Plasti-dipped front chrome ring+ Middle Hood Scoop boarder
Plasti Dipped front Mistu emblem
Window Tints
Ultimate Racing Catback Exhaust with Mini Muffler and Resonator
Ultimate racing UICP
Rally Armor Mudflaps
EVO X MR BBS wheels

Next Up:
EVO X FMIC+LICP
Eibach Prokit OR Neo Blue Coils (will have to wait till spring for the final verdict)

Wish List:
Rexspeed duckbill trunk
Evo/RA Recaro's

Winter mode :P

Last edited by eh-jhey; Apr 17, 2014 at 04:59 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Looks good....yeah you'll def be around 300 with those mods. The testpipe is the most important part as the cat is very restrictive.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 03:51 AM

Lightbulb

Very nice looking RA mate!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 08:14 PM

thanks guys!

I've got my Ultimate racing catback on now and loving it. Quiet to not offend cops (I've driven by at least 7 since I live near a police station), loud enough to really hear some power. Unfortunately, it's right on the bleeding edge of what will probably be acceptable sound levels...so I've made the decision not to install the test pipe I've got (the smell is a bit of a factor as well). It'll be a high flow cat if anything. for now I'll probably sell it to put towards another mod.....probably my hard UICP. I'd do my evo X swap now, but it's currently less pressing since we're having a pretty cold winter where I am. Won't have to worry about any heatsoak for a bit :P

I'm sure I'll still be able to reach my target 300 crank power without the test pipe. Quick question for anyone that knows though. How much gains do high flow drop in filters tend to have with a basemap/tune. My works one for instance claims +18 HP @ 5600 RPM on stock tune (Prolly B.S. I know). I've been guessing something like 3-5hp

Last edited by eh-jhey; Jan 1, 2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by eh-jhey
thanks guys!

I've got my Ultimate racing catback on now and loving it. Quiet to not offend cops (I've driven by at least 7 since I live near a police station), loud enough to really hear some power. Unfortunately, it's right on the bleeding edge of what will probably be acceptable sound levels...so I've made the decision not to install the test pipe I've got (the smell is a bit of a factor as well). It'll be a high flow cat if anything. for now I'll probably sell it to put towards another mod.....probably my hard UICP. I'd do my evo X swap now, but it's currently less pressing since we're having a pretty cold winter where I am. Won't have to worry about any heatsoak for a bit :P

I'm sure I'll still be able to reach my target 300 crank power without the test pipe. Quick question for anyone that knows though. How much gains do high flow drop in filters tend to have with a basemap/tune. My works one for instance claims +18 HP @ 5600 RPM on stock tune (Prolly B.S. I know). I've been guessing something like 3-5hp

I've been told that they only give you 2-3hp. I got a Cosworth because I didn't want to play with cleaning/oiling a K&N or similar. It's only like $50 once per year, so worth the convenience IMO. I'd love to see if anyone else can chime in with data. Not something that most people would bother testing on a dyno, so good data won't be plentiful.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 09:14 AM

Changed the pathetically small ralliart badge for a bigger one :P

Old Jan 13, 2014, 09:24 AM

I feel like I've seen that picture somewhere before (Facebook group!)

Come spring I'm going to get an EvoX BPV and get a boost pill with tune. Then slowly upgrade the intercooling system. 300hp is also my goal as well.

Did you use the red plastidip for the Mitsubishi emblem? I've been debating whether to use spraypaint or plasti. I've used plastidip in the past quite a bit.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:22 AM

Haha ya, figured I'd keep this updated as well :P The intercooler is on my to do list as well, luckily winter is keeping any heatsoak issues at bay.

And ya it's red plasti. Just pick up a can. Use whatevers left and paint your engine cover, haha
Old Feb 25, 2014, 06:38 PM

Haven't done too much recently outside of a tranny fluid change. But here are pics of my new plasti dip job

Rear

Front

and Glam :P Join RA Revolution on facebook!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Loving that new front and rear plastidip job!! Where did you get the Ralliart badge for the rear trunk? Definitely more pronounced!

Last edited by Nast_Nas; Feb 25, 2014 at 07:31 PM. Reason: new info
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Looks good! I'm jelly of your sunroof
Old Feb 26, 2014, 04:10 AM

I like the plastidip you've done...but it wouldn't have the same effect on mine Mine is black.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 08:43 AM

Thanks guys, Just wanted to try something a bit different for the front plasti that I haven't seen much of :P Badge came from ebay, although to be honest I'm no longer going to recommend it because close up you can see a bit of black something or other seeped in through the plastic over the silver letter R. Not enough to notice until really close, but still
Old Apr 4, 2014, 09:34 AM

Awesome ride dude!
Old Apr 6, 2014, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by xperience89
Awesome ride dude!
Thanks man.

Small updates.
I've since installed a wrinkle black UR UICP (no good pics of that), toned down the rear bumper plasti dip a bit, and removed the ralliart emblem. Ya I know I bought that one, but there were a couple problems with it (mainly it was peeling off on one side). Anyway, I'd rather run badgeless than with something 75% stuck on. I may still get a metal one in the future.

Also, yesterday I stuck my "Spirit of competition" decal on. Didn't put it on my hood because I like to be just a bit different :P. Here are pictures of that

And from farther away. You can see how I reduced the rear bumper plasti to just the license plate area as well

Quick Reply: Eh-jhey's RA