Notices
09+ Ralliart Show and Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo X Look Front Bumper Pics and Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X Look Front Bumper Pics and Review

To start off, long story short, slid off road due to ice and hit a marker post and broke the corner off my factory bumper where it connects to the fender . Mitu OEM bumper... $700+. Found the Duraflex EVO X look front bumper and thought I'd give it a try (keeping insurance out of this to save money). $360 shipped.

Got the bumper in, and I'm not too pleased. The mesh around the openings, is poorly fitted, the section where the mitsu diamond logo goes, is very rough, and a chunk off the bumper broke off when I was test fitting it to the car. (Not very durable in my opinion). And the bumper does not fit well to the car around the headlights either. Also there are no tabs where the bumper is supposed to clip to the fender. So I sent it off to the body shop, where it currently is.

Heres some pics of the bumper when I got it. More to come once its finished!
Any pic requests just let me know.

Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:00 PM

Is it an Evo X Duraflex or and Evo X look alike Duraflex for RA?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You'd think with the new lancers using the RA front that the OEM would be cheaper now
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

The thing with an aftermarket body kit is that it will need work. They never seem to fit perfectly. They seem to all have issues. Then u need to fit it correctly, want it, prep it, and then get it painted. OEM is probably going to be about the same or cheaper when u are done. Not sure what the body shop quoted u though. When it's done it should look nice but it's a process to get it there.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by NolaArt
Is it an Evo X Duraflex or and Evo X look alike Duraflex for RA?
Its an Evo X look alike duraflex
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Fuego
The thing with an aftermarket body kit is that it will need work. They never seem to fit perfectly. They seem to all have issues. Then u need to fit it correctly, want it, prep it, and then get it painted. OEM is probably going to be about the same or cheaper when u are done. Not sure what the body shop quoted u though. When it's done it should look nice but it's a process to get it there.
Im going to be helping him with it after work so he said it would me much cheaper with me helping him! Using leftover paint from my Evo X wing to paint the bumper too. $aving$!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Do a test mount before you paint it. I ordered the Duraflex Evo X Look rear bumper... and it was wrong. They sent me an Evo bumper even though i was very specific this is to fit on a NON EVO LANCER and it was still wrong. I was stupid and painted it before installation, only to find out it was quite a few inches too wide, obviously for the EVO widebody. Also, i will mention, the bumper came with NO MOUNTING TABS to connect to the rear of the fender, and the bottom mounting tabs were not driled and were VERY flimsy... disappointing.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Never mind you are smarter than me lol i just re-read your first post and saw you did a test fit.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. See, the OEM price really wasnt that crazy, was it?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by zebra4
Do a test mount before you paint it. I ordered the Duraflex Evo X Look rear bumper... and it was wrong. They sent me an Evo bumper even though i was very specific this is to fit on a NON EVO LANCER and it was still wrong. I was stupid and painted it before installation, only to find out it was quite a few inches too wide, obviously for the EVO widebody. Also, i will mention, the bumper came with NO MOUNTING TABS to connect to the rear of the fender, and the bottom mounting tabs were not driled and were VERY flimsy... disappointing.
Yeah the whole thing seems flimsy!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by wicked white14
As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. See, the OEM price really wasnt that crazy, was it?
Not really now that I know how much work needs to go into this one. I just wanna get it finished so I can sell the car
Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:08 PM

Well I decided not to go with the bumper. Fitment just doesnt satisfy my taste and most fitment issues CAN NOT be fixed Bumper looks BAD**$ on the car though

Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Wow! They screwed that one up. What did they tell u? Have u called them on the filliment?
Old May 1, 2013, 06:57 AM

They told me that since I test fitted it the way I did, "it has been modified and can not be returned." What do you mean by filliment?
Old May 1, 2013, 07:39 AM

Fuego you obviously have experience with body kits. Do a lot of body kit pieces turn out to be lemons? My duraflex evo X wing was PERFECT fitment, but this bumper is junk...

Quick Reply: Evo X Look Front Bumper Pics and Review