Notices
09+ Ralliart Show and Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Long Time Canuck Lurker ... 09 Rotor Glow RA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long Time Canuck Lurker ... 09 Rotor Glow RA

UPDATE: April 12, 2011 After the "X Swap" (photos)

UPDATE: April 10, 2011 TUNED DYNO RUN!!! (video)

UPDATE: March 18, 2011 BASE LINE DYNO RUN

UPDATE: January 18, 2011 Snow Pictures

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, long time lurker, i'm Cody and live in Alberta, Canada. I bought an 09 Octane Blue GTS before the Ralliarts came out and hated the winter driving in it so once spring came I traded it off for a Premium Rotor Glow RA loaded with Rockford DVD/Nav system, Leather Recaros, and Sunroof. Here are some pictures, and I hope to be fairly active in the community.

The pictures must be from shortly after I bought it. I have tinted out some windows and added some vinyl decals to it designed by me inspired by some of the Rally Mitsu's.

Cheers,

Cody Pounder

My Cardomain including my Lifted Silverado (which needs updating too because its much bigger now!

For those who wanted to see the GTS ...

Last edited by pounder; Apr 12, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome to the forums man....a couple of suggestions are to lower your car and take off the dealership sticker on rear but off to a good start
Old Aug 28, 2010, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

welcome to the forums man! car looks good, now you gotta start modding it!
1) plastidip that chrome ring black
2) debadge
3)lower - might not be good if you're winter driving it. I lowered my RA this spring, so dunno how it's going to fair in edmonton winters.

I've got a used Ultimate Racing short ram intake if you are looking to do some performance mods. but you'll need to get a tune if you install it. PM me if you're interested
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Chops
welcome to the forums man! car looks good, now you gotta start modding it!
1) plastidip that chrome ring black
2) debadge
3)lower - might not be good if you're winter driving it. I lowered my RA this spring, so dunno how it's going to fair in Edmonton winters.

I've got a used Ultimate Racing short ram intake if you are looking to do some performance mods. but you'll need to get a tune if you install it. PM me if you're interested

1 - I've been looking all over for Plastidip but can't find it in any stores. Where in Alberta can you find it or do I have to order it off amazon.com or something.

2 - I will definitely be de-badging it, I will be keeping the mitsu diamonds though, I like that look right in the middle.

3 - I have a lifted Silverado for the winter months, I drove the mitsu a little last winter but I don't think I will continue that trend.

4 - Performance upgrades are definitely coming soon, i'm going to probably do the evo x turbo swap but i'm also kind of interested in seeing how Bryan with GST's sportback turns out.

I'm probably going to go with an AMS intake so i'll pass on the UR one although I kind of like how the UR catback sounds.

Last edited by pounder; Mar 29, 2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

you can get plasti dip at home hardware stores. I live in edmonton and they have it at the store on 156St and 107 (ish) ave. it's like $15 a can, last week i re did my chrome ring, and the lower part of the front bumper with one can no prob though, so it goes a long way.

My experience with Cam was great! good service, and my numbers came out really strong. I posted the dyno charts and a bunch of ppl on the forums thought that he messed with the dyno to give me higher numbers, cuz RA's with similar mods aren't putting down nearly as much torque.

I've been considering the Evo turbo swap too, but i'm pretty much maxed out for torque unless i spend big money to upgrade the tranny, so i don't think i could justify the money spent. I'm really happy with how my car runs, and i'd reccomend getting the same setup i've got. Check other RA's and talk to Cam about my car, i'm sure he'll tell you the same thing.

Originally Posted by pounder
1 - I've been looking all over for Plastidip but can't find it in any stores. Where in Alberta can you find it or do I have to order it off amazon.com or something.

2 - I will definitely be de-badging it, I will be keeping the mitsu diamonds though, I like that look right in the middle.

3 - I have a lifted Silverado for the winter months, I drove the mitsu a little last winter but I don't think I will continue that trend.

4 - Performance upgrades are definitely coming soon, i'm going to probably do the evo x turbo swap but i'm also kind of interested in seeing how Bryan with GST's sportback turns out.

PS - I went and seen Cam at Lightspeed about modding it and then have been reading some horror stories about cars starting on fire etc, how was your experience there. He seemed really knowledgeable and not a bad guy when I met him but we don't really have too many choices for tuners.

I'm probably going to go with an AMS intake so i'll pass on the UR one although I kind of like how the UR catback sounds.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Car looks great but get some wax on that bish!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Chops
you can get plasti dip at home hardware stores. I live in edmonton and they have it at the store on 156St and 107 (ish) ave. it's like $15 a can, last week i re did my chrome ring, and the lower part of the front bumper with one can no prob though, so it goes a long way.

My experience with Cam was great! good service, and my numbers came out really strong. I posted the dyno charts and a bunch of ppl on the forums thought that he messed with the dyno to give me higher numbers, cuz RA's with similar mods aren't putting down nearly as much torque.

I've been considering the Evo turbo swap too, but i'm pretty much maxed out for torque unless i spend big money to upgrade the tranny, so i don't think i could justify the money spent. I'm really happy with how my car runs, and i'd reccomend getting the same setup i've got. Check other RA's and talk to Cam about my car, i'm sure he'll tell you the same thing.
I'd really like to see how a car with your upgrades performs compared to an Evo swapped one. Do you guy have cruise nights or anything in Edmonton? Have you seen Smokahontus car and what it can do? I'm down in Ponoka but if you guys ever do a cruise night i'm down for a 45 minute drive to Edmonton for some wings and a cruise or something.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pounder
I'd really like to see how a car with your upgrades performs compared to an Evo swapped one. Do you guy have cruise nights or anything in Edmonton? Have you seen Smokahontus car and what it can do? I'm down in Ponoka but if you guys ever do a cruise night i'm down for a 45 minute drive to Edmonton for some wings and a cruise or something.
there are some mitsu guys that are on facebook "e-town lancers" is the group name. they try to get some cruises happening every now and then. Otherwise i usually head down to United cycle around 8 or 9 on fridays. the guys from 780tuners.com meet up there. usually a pretty good turnout.

I've been meaning to meet up with smokahauntus to check his car out, and he wanted to have a look at mine too. but i saw on 780tuners that he's selling his car now, i'd like to go for a ride in it before he sells it though to see if the power difference is worth the money. But if you'd like to check my car out, send me a PM if your ever gonna be in etown. If i'm not out of town working, we can meet up and you can check it out.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:00 AM

well i've got a couple more days off and even though the weather is kind of crappy I think i'll go debadge today and check out a couple more stores for some plastidip. I'll upload a picture of the back decal i designed for my RA too for you guys to give your opinion on.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good start Cody
i think it will look even better when you lower it

-anthony
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:00 PM

Update: Jan 2011

I've purchased most of the parts to do my X swap, just need to order a few more things. Was planning on a January install at Vex Performance in Red Deer however even with the AWD I don't think I will make it out of the back yard without some serious shovelling and back pain =/ Gotta love Canada.

Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha so sickkk! I wish we got dumped like that in Ottawa
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Haha thats a lot of snow. Your RA looks good. I agree with the plasti dip once the weather gets nice. Here is a pic of how I did my Rotor Glow.

Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:54 PM

i definitely like the blacked out look and once I find some plasti dip i'm going to do it. You did an excellent job on yours S2K.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:56 PM

well ... VEX has my car now. Baseline at Airboy Tuning in Calgary tomorrow night and then the X Turbo swap begins. Hopefully will be seeing 300/300 ish. I will post pics, vids and dyno graphs when i get them!

PS - It was a joy getting the car out of the backyard... I actually drove it out through the front gate down my sidewalk ... pictures to follow soon lol.

Last edited by pounder; Mar 15, 2011 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Long Time Canuck Lurker ... 09 Rotor Glow RA