Notices

Installing New Navi / Fuse Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing New Navi / Fuse Bluetooth

Id like to check out this whole mmcs and fuse system so im going to perform the install, parts are on the way. Sounds like a piece of cake but I cant find too much information on this new fuse system and its install into an 09 ralliart. Nav system is the new N-04 model and the bluetooth module is 2011 fuse enabled.

If anyone has any info to share with any strange complications I might run into with these new systems ( My hypothesis states its going to be same as the norm bluetooth and Nav install)

Questions I have ,

Because the 09 ralliart is bluetooth ready, do I still need to go under my cup holder and adjust the wiring or can I simply plug in the bluetooth module , install microphone , and if needed activate by stealership.

Does the USB that connects to the nav unit come with it or is it separate.
How does it plug into the nav unit, my research is showing simple din to usb.

Has anyone installed a usb slot attaching into the arm rest like the 2011 have stock.

Any tips would be nice.
Old May 25, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by franco17
Id like to check out this whole mmcs and fuse system so im going to perform the install, parts are on the way. Sounds like a piece of cake but I cant find too much information on this new fuse system and its install into an 09 ralliart. Nav system is the new N-04 model and the bluetooth module is 2011 fuse enabled.

If anyone has any info to share with any strange complications I might run into with these new systems ( My hypothesis states its going to be same as the norm bluetooth and Nav install)

Questions I have ,

Because the 09 ralliart is bluetooth ready, do I still need to go under my cup holder and adjust the wiring or can I simply plug in the bluetooth module , install microphone , and if needed activate by stealership.

Does the USB that connects to the nav unit come with it or is it separate.
How does it plug into the nav unit, my research is showing simple din to usb.

Has anyone installed a usb slot attaching into the arm rest like the 2011 have stock.

Any tips would be nice.
New fuse system is intalled behind the glovebox on the new model, not in the dash. I don't know what you mean by going under the cupholder? Maybe because of the model year differences?

I've never done a backdate/update, but new model installs are plug n play as long as you've got the controls on the wheel and the mic in the map lights.

The USB connection comes with and is a part of the bluetooth module and when the bluetooth is connected to the vehicle, it integrates with the audio unit through the factory wiring.

I wish you the best of luck, but I feel like a bit more research may have been a better idea before totally committing because this new fuse system is COMPLETELY different than any of the older model stuff.

If there's anything I can help with as far as wiring diagrams or component locations or anything like that, let me know, since I'd like to see this done myself and am interested to see exactly what it would take for future reference.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:56 AM

According to the evox writeup of installing the bluetooth module, certain wire configs had to be changed under the cup holder.Had to change what looked like some jumpers to different pin combos. Saying that, I believe it was because that install included adding the bluetooth controls to the steering wheel and such, basically not bluetooth ready.

Hmm , if the module is in the glovebox and its USB runs at the normal 4.75 V - 5.25 V I should be able to run it to wherever I want it which is good. Stealerships in toronto are especially not do it yourself or tuner friendly so i cant even get decent information.
Old May 26, 2011, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Yesterday we just picked up a 2012 Mazda 5 as family car. The Bluetooth Aux in is something I want on my RA now...

Please let us know how the FUSE system work out.!
Good Luck
Old May 26, 2011, 12:29 PM

Apparently #MZ314502 is for the fuse bluetooth unit but doesn't exist in Mitsubishi Canada's parts list, in fact a few of the dealerships don't even know what it does . Mitsubishi sucks in Canada. So ill be ordering from the states , lets see what new problems that brings me .
Old May 26, 2011, 12:46 PM

Does anyone know how the USB connects to the bluetooth module, Ive heard its a din to usb, but im not sure.
Old May 28, 2011, 04:19 PM

sorry for the off topic question, but where did you get the mmcs unit? did you order it from a mitsu dealer?
Old May 29, 2011, 10:24 AM

No I didnt get it from the dealership. They are way too expensive and too be honest most of them dont know what they are talking about. I was able to get the navi and oem dash kit from an evom member for a much better price.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
New fuse system is intalled behind the glovebox on the new model, not in the dash. I don't know what you mean by going under the cupholder? Maybe because of the model year differences?

I've never done a backdate/update, but new model installs are plug n play as long as you've got the controls on the wheel and the mic in the map lights.

The USB connection comes with and is a part of the bluetooth module and when the bluetooth is connected to the vehicle, it integrates with the audio unit through the factory wiring.

I wish you the best of luck, but I feel like a bit more research may have been a better idea before totally committing because this new fuse system is COMPLETELY different than any of the older model stuff.

If there's anything I can help with as far as wiring diagrams or component locations or anything like that, let me know, since I'd like to see this done myself and am interested to see exactly what it would take for future reference.
so correct me if I'm wrong, the FUSE system won't have compatibility problems with pre-2011 OEM Nav units?

I ask because I had a customer who bought a new 2011 GTS and his CD player stopped working. He had a new one installed under warranty obviously, but I think the idiots in the parts department ordered him a 2010 head unit, because he came and asked me what happened to his USB. He had lost ALL functionality of his FUSE system

the FUSE system is really cool and I'd rather not loose it, otherwise I'll probably just go aftermarket with a unit that has the same features
Old May 30, 2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Exyia
so correct me if I'm wrong, the FUSE system won't have compatibility problems with pre-2011 OEM Nav units?

I ask because I had a customer who bought a new 2011 GTS and his CD player stopped working. He had a new one installed under warranty obviously, but I think the idiots in the parts department ordered him a 2010 head unit, because he came and asked me what happened to his USB. He had lost ALL functionality of his FUSE system

the FUSE system is really cool and I'd rather not loose it, otherwise I'll probably just go aftermarket with a unit that has the same features

Funny, I think your dead on. I had an issue when trying to get some orders in for the fuse bluetooth module, apparently its not even listed in mitus comps for lancers, of course Im in Canada and thats as far as my knowledge goes with dealers here. I continued to ask for the 2011 fuse bluetooth module and since most of them are idiots theyd just direct me to the 2010 unit that shows up on the computer. They probably installed an older head unit.

From what Im picking up from other forums is that for nav cars a 2010 nav is required to run the fuse, nothing older and not certain but at least a 2011 stock radio to enable fuse.

Still waiting on my order........................................ Shipping takes too long from the states
Old May 31, 2011, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

For what it's worth, we had a customer with a 2011 base stereo who wanted handsfree enabled. They tried to toss a 2010 HFM at it and it would NOT work.

I realize that this is backwards from what you are trying to do, but we have yet to try to do it the other way in-house as of yet.

It is my understanding that the systems are incompatible, but that seems odd to me. I definitely need to look into it more, but my guess is that the differences are stemming mostly from the body wiring harness and then the head-unit compatibility. I'll need to cross reference part numbers for stereo units and nav units, as well as pull diagrams of the wiring harnesses to verify without actually pulling a couple cars apart or attempting a swap myself.

Depending on how busy it gets at work, which it has been pretty consistant lately, that could be awhile so no promises on my end
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:21 AM

Nav system installed no problem. Still waiting on the bluetooth module........
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:31 AM

Ok so bluetooth module came in. Had everything installed easy, cutting a hole for the USB piece will be simply enough. Now like chi-towns stated, the wiring harness is incorrect. It does not fit. I have a new head unit so theres no reason other then the wiring harness needing to be replaced to the newer design. Im going to tear the actual unit into individual pieces to see if an adapter can be made to just attach the unit. If Chi-Towns could pull me some 2011 lancer wiring diagrams / schematic I believe this could be as easy as just unplugging the old and attaching the new. Heres some pics of the unit and the current harness .[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Let me see what I can come up with for scanning one in...
Old Jun 11, 2011, 06:10 PM

Here is a picture of the connection between the FUSE module and stock radio (better detail, but a bit different):
Name:  HAG14M08AC00USA.png
Views: 0
Size:  147.4 KB

MMCS and FUSE (one you want):
Name:  HAG15M17FC00USA-1.png
Views: 0
Size:  107.1 KB

Images provided by jsrd at Mitsubishi Forum

C-135 is what comes out of the bluetooth module (FUSE). It is also called C-136 for MMCS, but the unit itself is the same.

The wires that matter for this connector (C-136), at least according to this, is 8,15,22,23.

You can trace most of them back to MMCS following the various connectors

Last edited by zivan56; Jun 11, 2011 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Installing New Navi / Fuse Bluetooth