Notices

Installing New Navi / Fuse Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 03:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fuse bt

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
Well I was unsuccessful in making the BT work, just followed the color codes above and no BT.
Beetle.. Thanks for update.. I am getting ready to study the Harness I have and see if it will work with just the connector + the 3 extra wires that are mentioned by Franco17 and Krushka. It would surely be easier if someone can confirm that the colors and extra wires do work.
Did you actually got the dealer to enable your BT module? Maybe that is why is not working?
Old May 15, 2014, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My original BT is working, you don't need the dealership. Actually I just reinstalled my old BT module and it still worked so I am hoping for 2 things, my connections were just wrong or loose. I am not even tracing those additional 3 wires. I wanted to follow the new fuse to old fuse and see if I can get the new BT working.

i told a friend of mine, who i trust regarding electrical stuff, that he doesnt believe simply tracing the new 8 wires to the 8 old wires that my BT would work. he believes that i have to trace all 11 of the BT with Fuse wire to make a determination if it works or not.

Last edited by beetle_orange; May 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old May 29, 2014, 04:47 AM

Install coming

Beetle O,
Thanks for your post in reply to this....

OK.. Update..
We laid the Wiring harness that I got from a 2012 MR and there are few differences with the GSR [Hence, we will NOT be doing a complete Harness swap...].
We located the connector in the new harness and the FUSE BT box that came from the same car. The idea now is to "Follow" the connector back to the original Navi harness and see then what other wires if any, need to be added.
According to our Russian friends, there are 3 to be added.. but "WHERE"
Franco17 has done it and confirm that it works.. We assume that He has followed the instructions on post #19 and they are accurate.

We will be doing tracing and snipping this weekend.. and see what happens.
If successful, will update the thread with Pics as well...

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
My original BT is working, you don't need the dealership. Actually I just reinstalled my old BT module and it still worked so I am hoping for 2 things, my connections were just wrong or loose. I am not even tracing those additional 3 wires. I wanted to follow the new fuse to old fuse and see if I can get the new BT working.

i told a friend of mine, who i trust regarding electrical stuff, that he doesnt believe simply tracing the new 8 wires to the 8 old wires that my BT would work. he believes that i have to trace all 11 of the BT with Fuse wire to make a determination if it works or not.
Old May 29, 2014, 05:33 AM

@Franco17

Franco17...
Based on your own picture of the N-05, can you please tell where the three "NEW" wires should be connected?
The Small connector where you are pointing the #17 wire is where I have my Backup Cam Harness... are you saying that a "New" wire needs to be connected there?

Any help will be appreciated... THX!

Originally Posted by franco17
I hope this is just an error on my part but I thoroughly searched for other areas that would make sense to connect the new wires to.

Old May 29, 2014, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

phantom, sadly i do not think franco is no longer interested or is simply too busy.

i on the other hand have a bit on my plate but as soon as i get some time, i will tackle it again.

the additional 3 wires has to be tapped somewhere behind the pic you posted abover OR add the harness to the main radio harness.

remember, the harness that comes with the pic above ALREADY is Fuse equipped. what you and i are missing are the additional 3 wires from the main harness going to the plugs of the navigation.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 04:36 PM

BT/FUSE Works on a 2008 GSR with Navi N-05

Ok.. I did it.!!! and can report that it works perfectly....
First my Thanks to Cerville [Beetle Orange] for keeping the thread alive and helping me as well and Primarily I will want to Thank Krushka for his posting and to Franco17 for bringing it to us as well...!

The BT/FUSE module works on a 2008 GSR/MR with the MMCS N-05.
I just finished the install and I will do write up soon from the very begining..
Notice the Picture with the Bluetooth Radio on the upper left corner....
Pics and write up coming up!!
Attached Thumbnails Installing New Navi / Fuse Bluetooth-image.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Doctor Karim (Jul 10, 2021)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 04:39 PM

2 more Pics

Here you go.. One more Pic... Mobile Phone dispalyed....
Will post more as soon as I do the write up with Beetle Orange....
Attached Thumbnails Installing New Navi / Fuse Bluetooth-image.jpg  
Old Jun 3, 2014, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Great work, at least we finally have some concrete results. Not taking away anything from krushas work but phantoms work will be more precise on exactly where to tap.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a really interesting mod. You guys keep quoting the MMCS model, what specifically is the difference there? And how do I see the revision in my car?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Just look in the front of the MMCS. on the bottom right hand corner is a round toggle switch. right underneath it is the model number. N-01, N-02, N-03 etc etc
Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:54 AM

FUSE and MMCS

As Beetle pointed you can easily see your MMCS model on the front..
You can also take the Navi out and you should have a sticker on the top of the Navi that will tell you your model and the revision.

I am not so sure about the differences, perhaps software?
Surely I can tell you that I have tested thhis mod with the N-05 in my car and the N-02 that I have laying around and definitely is NOT working on the N-02 [FUSE that is]
BT works fine with the OLD BT module. Screen Resolution seems the same from the 02 to the 05 and when the 05 boots, has the iPod, BT, AUX and Video logos.
Not the case with the 02...
The Mod works.. I can tell you that 100% Beetle and I will post a DIY with pics I got and which wires go where... That added to Krushka's pinout and the russian community work done.. We can upgrade the MMCS to Fuse on older cars....
Let us know if there are any other questions you have!

Originally Posted by Laza
This is a really interesting mod. You guys keep quoting the MMCS model, what specifically is the difference there? And how do I see the revision in my car?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This'd be great! I checked and my unit is N-03. And I have the factory BT handsfree as well.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 04:35 AM

N-03

@Laza...
I am not sure that the N-03 is FUSE capable.. IIRC on this thread, Krushka or someone mentioned that the N-04 and the N-05 were the FUSE enabled ones.
we can help you with the pin outs if you want to try... You will need the NEW BT unit P/N: 8785A025 You can get it around [eBay has them all the time].

Congratulations to Beetle O!!! He got his FUSE installed this weekend!!!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

happy to have completed this as well.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuse????

Are there any updates on whether this will work on a N-03? I have steering wheel controls and BT for calls, only missing FUSE, so i don't have audio streaming or a usb port for iPod control. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated i been looking around for the FUSE BT module but i would like to be sure before i pull the trigger. Thanks everyone.

Quick Reply: Installing New Navi / Fuse Bluetooth