Notices

HOW TO: K&N SRI for no more than $70.00

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what I'm getting from you guys is its hard to keep the filter on what if you remove the rubber end off of the maf housing so it's just the smooth hard pastic part and not the 3 lines on the end will that all be a 3"filter due to the fact your reducing the sizeremoving the ends rubber piece
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone had there car tuned after install to see if any problems exist on this mod
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by andrewRA
So what I'm getting from you guys is its hard to keep the filter on what if you remove the rubber end off of the maf housing so it's just the smooth hard pastic part and not the 3 lines on the end will that all be a 3"filter due to the fact your reducing the sizeremoving the ends rubber piece
I've had mine on since Xmas last year and haven't had a problem with mine falling off or loosening. For the first couple weeks I would look under my hood everytime before i drove, to make sure it wasn't loose. I'm confused on what you're asking tho lol the end of the maf sensor housing that has the ridges is what the filter goes over. Without that, you wouldn't be abke to attach the filter..
Old Sep 4, 2013, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Well im gonna get retuned by this weekend ill see if there is any power difference running this setup or not
Old Sep 8, 2013, 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

installed the intake and got a tune and wow nice sound the Evo x bov even sounds great and the car is putting out good numbers I recommend this setup
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:19 PM

Well, figures after I said mine hasn't fallen off, it does lol went out to my car today and look what I saw..

Put it back on, good as new
Old Sep 13, 2013, 07:52 AM

So when doing the evo x turbo swap, could I use this as an alternative to a new intake, because the RA one won't fit. + I'd need a battery relocation.
What else would I need to do to convert this setup to an evo x turbo?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:36 PM

This was the first mod i did to my car, so worth it, only cost me $30, you get so much intake noise for so little money, its not like you gain any HP with an intake anyways, some people proved you loose hp with an intake. I made a Bracket and heat shield to prevent if from shaking off...
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:39 PM

Anybody know where I can get an evo x intake tube to do this? I called around a few places and there hard to come by and are getting more expensive.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mitsubishiparts(dot)net : $33.74.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mentor Mitsubishi online store: Air flow tube $31.71
Advanced Auto Parts: K&N filter RE-0930 w/30% December online discount $33.01
Total: $64.72

This project took me a total of about 15mins. Hardest part for me was just wedging the box out between the battery and the strut bar because I was too lazy to remove it. I unplugged the MAF and the boost sensor and removed the metal bracket. These I just cable tied to the emission lines. I sprayed the edge of the new air flow tube with some freeze-off as I've done with countless inter-cooler couplers, slipped it right into the air intake tube, tightened the clamp, put the filter on, and I was pretty much done.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 01:22 PM

If anyone is still having problems with the filter falling off I figured out a stupid but easy way to stop that using 3 zip ties. Wrap one zip tie around the filter but don't tighten all the way. Take the other 2 and wrap them around the first zip tie and threw the holes on the flanges on the maf housing, one in each hole. Then tighten them all as much as possible. Haven't had any problems
Old Apr 14, 2014, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya know... I am gathering the parts for this mod (wanna do the 3-port at the same time while I am right there) but this falling off stuff is disheartening and I am certainly not gonna use zip-ties to keep my air filter on... Trying to come up with a aesthetic solution that works is my project haha
Old Apr 15, 2014, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Murdered Out
Ya know... I am gathering the parts for this mod (wanna do the 3-port at the same time while I am right there) but this falling off stuff is disheartening and I am certainly not gonna use zip-ties to keep my air filter on... Trying to come up with a aesthetic solution that works is my project haha
To each their own but I don't know if you have noticed but there are a lot of things under the hood such as wires that are already zip tied and if u use black zip ties you would never see them plus the intake for the most part is sort of hidden so I don't know why your against the idea. Do as you please, it's your car but it's a solid solution.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe a t-bolt with bracket is a better solution? Then you can mount the t-bolt to something for support.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: K&N SRI for no more than $70.00