Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2010, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't think i saw this asked before.. but on a 2010 is there really any difference in the tune that i couldn't use the 09 93oct since there isn't one for the 10?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:16 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by negligent
don't think i saw this asked before.. but on a 2010 is there really any difference in the tune that i couldn't use the 09 93oct since there isn't one for the 10?
Different ROM ID's.

- Bryan
Old Feb 28, 2010, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Some feedback: using the 93Oct, AUSDM, Cold region boostpill tune, my otherwise stock Ralliart did a 13.59 1/4 mile yesterday. That's about what a stock Evo X does, right? I tried the regular tune, since it was a pretty warm day, but had an overboost and went to limp mode in second gear. My car just does not like that tune... Next step is a HKS cat back and a dyno tune and might be able to get under 13 sec.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:13 AM

I installed the GST boost pill and did this tune over the weekend using the 2009 USDM/CADM - 93 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - COLD REGION version. One thing that I did notice was while I was driving in normal mode, I decied to floor it. The car downshifted pretty hard, which I would assume is normal? When I did the same thing in sport mode, I did not have this issue. I also noticed that the car pulls a lot harder and shifts a lot smoother. I'm definitely happy with this. Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:11 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bobcrusader
Some feedback: using the 93Oct, AUSDM, Cold region boostpill tune, my otherwise stock Ralliart did a 13.59 1/4 mile yesterday. That's about what a stock Evo X does, right? I tried the regular tune, since it was a pretty warm day, but had an overboost and went to limp mode in second gear. My car just does not like that tune... Next step is a HKS cat back and a dyno tune and might be able to get under 13 sec.
Glad to hear you are happy. What trap speed did you get?

So with the non-cold region GST map you had some issues?

Originally Posted by Big Steve
I installed the GST boost pill and did this tune over the weekend using the 2009 USDM/CADM - 93 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - COLD REGION version. One thing that I did notice was while I was driving in normal mode, I decied to floor it. The car downshifted pretty hard, which I would assume is normal? When I did the same thing in sport mode, I did not have this issue. I also noticed that the car pulls a lot harder and shifts a lot smoother. I'm definitely happy with this. Thanks!
Glad you are happy.

So it sounds like most are having some issues with the 2009 USDM/CADM - 93 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - NON COLD REGION version?

I will try to post a updated version in the next week or so.

- Bryan
Old Mar 4, 2010, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

My trap speed was 100mph, but I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate. The right lane was sometimes reading high (one of my trap speeds was 112mph).

I was having trouble with the non-cold region tune before the drag racing, but I thought I'd give it another try on the day. It's not cold here at the moment, with average temps 80-110F.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 07:10 AM

Good job man! could you please tell me what mods, and how you launched your Ralliart to get 13.59? I going to the dragstrip this saturday to see what my Ralliart can do, with only An HKS drop-in filter, GST boostpill, and 91OCT GST base map w/boostpill tune (COLD Region).
Old Mar 5, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

I can't even imagine launching my RA given how expensive the transmission is and the extreme likelihood that it will not be covered under warranty unless you are either very lucky or very convincing.

-Taranis
Old Mar 5, 2010, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

I only have a Boostpill and the 93 Octane AUSDM COld Region tune. Still running stock air filter and exhaust etc. I even had my spare in the trunk (sorry, 'boot' for my fellow Aussies on the forum).

You'll find launching an RA is an art form. If you have a foot on the brake and press the gas pedal, the clutch will start to take up almost straight away. Launch like this a few times and you will get a slow down warning.

But if you repeatedly tap the gas pedal, you can get the revs up to 3000+rpm and then launch nicely.

Don't stress about reaction time - when the light goes green, take your time to get the launch right.

My best time was a 3000rpm launch, SST in Sport/Auto modes, ASC Off and AWC in Gravel. I'm told my car is freak though
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:58 AM

I only have a Boostpill and the 93 Octane AUSDM COld Region tune. Still running stock air filter and exhaust etc. I even had my spare in the trunk (sorry, 'boot' for my fellow Aussies on the forum).

You'll find launching an RA is an art form. If you have a foot on the brake and press the gas pedal, the clutch will start to take up almost straight away. Launch like this a few times and you will get a slow down warning.

But if you repeatedly tap the gas pedal, you can get the revs up to 3000+rpm and then launch nicely.

Don't stress about reaction time - when the light goes green, take your time to get the launch right.

My best time was a 3000rpm launch, SST in Sport/Auto modes, ASC Off and AWC in Gravel. I'm told my car is freak though

So I went to ATCO Raceway on saturday morning (temp 50f), and did my first warm up run just to see how the car reacts to the cold drag strip.... all I can say is, Dammmmmm!!! It did not care if it was cold, the car just gripped and sling shot itself forward. I was a little nervous on what my Ralliart ran (I launched the car by stepping on the brakes> then release foot off brakes>then stomp on gas pedal) cause the first car that I raced was a really fast BMW 335 with methanol (he ran a 12.35@112.93mph). But I was really surprised that I got a 13.55@100.91mph! (my mods are listed on my sig) . Then on my second run I wanted to try launching after staging (place left foot on the brakes, then right foot tap the gas pedal (keep revs at 2500rpm))... then lift my left foot off the brakes and stomp on the gas pedal. This was AWESOME!!! the car just rocketed out of the line and squealed the tires a little (cold pavement) and got a 13.36@100.91mph! But my best run was a 13.35@100.69mph for the day against a 2009/2010 v6 camaro with performance headers (he ran a 14.09 @99.70mph). I'm pretty happy with my RA right now (with only a drop-in air filter and a GST baseflash).

Last edited by Silver09RA; Mar 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

Glad you are happy and nice time, what trapspeed?

- Bryan
Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Glad you are happy and nice time, what trapspeed?

- Bryan
Thanks again to you guys at GST! and my best 1/4 mile time is 13.35@100.69 mph
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Nice work silver09ra.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Yes nice Silver. I wanna take my car to the track now and see what i get.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver09RA
So I went to ATCO Raceway on saturday morning (temp 50f), and did my first warm up run just to see how the car reacts to the cold drag strip.... all I can say is, Dammmmmm!!! It did not care if it was cold, the car just gripped and sling shot itself forward. I was a little nervous on what my Ralliart ran (I launched the car by stepping on the brakes> then release foot off brakes>then stomp on gas pedal) cause the first car that I raced was a really fast BMW 335 with methanol (he ran a 12.35@112.93mph). But I was really surprised that I got a 13.55@100.91mph! (my mods are listed on my sig) . Then on my second run I wanted to try launching after staging (place left foot on the brakes, then right foot tap the gas pedal (keep revs at 2500rpm))... then lift my left foot off the brakes and stomp on the gas pedal. This was AWESOME!!! the car just rocketed out of the line and squealed the tires a little (cold pavement) and got a 13.36@100.91mph! But my best run was a 13.35@100.69mph for the day against a 2009/2010 v6 camaro with performance headers (he ran a 14.09 @99.70mph). I'm pretty happy with my RA right now (with only a drop-in air filter and a GST baseflash).
Great job on hitting some good numbers Silver.

I see that your out of Philly, come join us on the Philly thread. Happy to see a local RA owner. If you like pushing the limits there is an event this weekend if you care to join us.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap