Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Alterna
In 2.6.1: I slung a bucket of live squid in my trunk after a particularly jolting shift on the beach, whence it was decided to try 2.6.2.

2.6.2: Richard nails the description.

Anyone have a commercial ozone machine?
I'm totally impressed you managed to work in the phrase "bucket of squid" while remaining on-topic.

GST Base Maps - Your live squid deserve the best. (tm)

Moving momentarily away from squiddage, I've got an afternoon at the track this coming week. Bryan, please let me know if you're happy enough with the current/forthcoming beta for me to use it in anger.

It's simple enough to flash back to v2.5 for the day, but if the latest beta is safe to use at full noise, it could give us some useful logs. Just let me know your thoughts.

Rich
Old May 20, 2011, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
I'm about to release another BETA. So if you guys have anymore feedback, please let me know!
The 2.6.2 you did for me is awesome man! Emailed you a log this am with the shift data. I'll get you some more logs this weekend... Rips through the gears in sport manual now.
Old May 20, 2011, 11:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,043 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by BravoZero
Hmm... I noticed yesterday that when I run in Sport mode at WOT, I continue to get the "slipping" feeling when it shifts. I'm going to try and flash back to 2.5 and reset the ECU, have it re-learn shifting and see what happens. I only have 6k miles on the car... I'm praying I'm not having a clutch issue.
Do me a favor and try this version out for me and see if you still get that feeling:

2011 BaseMap BETA - BoostPill - 93 oct - 052011
Old May 20, 2011, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
I'm totally impressed you managed to work in the phrase "bucket of squid" while remaining on-topic.

GST Base Maps - Your live squid deserve the best. (tm)

Moving momentarily away from squiddage, I've got an afternoon at the track this coming week. Bryan, please let me know if you're happy enough with the current/forthcoming beta for me to use it in anger.

It's simple enough to flash back to v2.5 for the day, but if the latest beta is safe to use at full noise, it could give us some useful logs. Just let me know your thoughts.

Rich
They were 3 big White Squid which were particularly unimpressed with being slung about. The largest of them (30cm) managed to get sloshed out and I had to bare hand him back into the bucket. It was somewhere between him grabbing and biting me that I thought to try out 2.6.2. I found particular pleasure watching him being dispatched by my moray.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do me a favor and try this version out for me and see if you still get that feeling:

2011 BaseMap BETA - BoostPill - 93 oct - 052011
I will try this as soon as I get home and report back, I'll try to get a log as well!
Old May 20, 2011, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bryan,

Flashed the custom basemap you posted earlier this afternoon, spot on. Whatever you did worked! Now it feels like it's actually shifting and not slipping.

I tried to log a few runs but my Evoscan is all messed up, I checked the correct settings as listed in your first post and the numbers are everywhere. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Old May 22, 2011, 01:21 AM
Evolving Member

Bump... We're still live ahahha

Just wanna say Thanks guys for everyone for giving their Feedback and helping RA noobs like myself understand the car more. Very Very Pleased with the 2.5 91 Map.

Just out of curiosty, didn't read pages WAYYY back but in the 2.6 map (not officially released yet right?) what's the differences compared to the 2.5?
Old May 22, 2011, 07:27 AM

If anyone needs a Tactrix cable or a hand flashing in northern Alberta just PM me and we can meet up.
Old May 22, 2011, 09:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Ok guys,

I'm doing a pre release of the V2.6 BaseMaps. These are just for the 93 oct ,98 ron and BoostPill guys.

If these guys are happy with the way V2.6 is, I will do a full release for the rest. So please get your reviews in ASAP, so the other guys don't have to wait long.

**Also note, there is now a 2011 RA Rom for the EDM/AUS owners**NEW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Base Map Roms V2.6:

2009 USDM/CADM - 93 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - V2.6

2009 EDM/AUS - 98 RON - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - V2.6

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Base Map Roms V2.6:

2010 USDM/CADM - 93 oct - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - V2.6

2010 EDM/AUS - 98 RON - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - V2.6

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Base Map Roms V2.6:

2011 USDM/CADM - 93 oct - Boost Pill Upgrade - v2.6

2011 EDM/AUS - 98 RON - GST Boost Pill Upgrade - V2.6

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old May 22, 2011, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Ok guys,

I'm doing a pre release of the V2.6 BaseMaps.
Ah, good - so I can stop hitting <refresh> now.

If these guys are happy with the way V2.6 is, I will do a full release for the rest. So please get your reviews in ASAP, so the other guys don't have to wait long.
Will do!

As this is a planned final version, I'll give it a go at the track later on this week if it all feels steady on the SST side of things...

Can you give me a quick heads-up on what has changed?

Rich
Old May 22, 2011, 09:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Can you give me a quick heads-up on what has changed?

Rich
SST shift changes
Throttle changes
Lower Bound slight change
Old May 22, 2011, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

SST shift changes
Throttle changes
Lower Bound slight change
That sounds like the 2.5->2.6 list. I kind of meant since the last beta. Sorry for not being specific enough!

I guess I'll find out when I get home and reflash. Always good fun getting a new ROM release from you, Bryan! You've made my day again...

Rich
Old May 22, 2011, 09:46 PM
EvoM Guru

That sounds like the 2.5->2.6 list. I kind of meant since the last beta. Sorry for not being specific enough!

I guess I'll find out when I get home and reflash. Always good fun getting a new ROM release from you, Bryan! You've made my day again...

Rich
Yea I made some more slight changes.

Let me know how it feels.
Old May 22, 2011, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Hi Bryan,

Thought I'd give you a small review of the V2.6.2 and other GST flashes I've tried (All for Aus models and 93/98 RON).

Firstly, a massive thumbs up for all the work you've put into these. It is most appreciated

Stockpill flashes:

V2, V2.5 increased throttle response but decreased power over V1. Shift hesitation under hard accelleration in NORMAL auto into 3rd gear.

V1 increased throttle response and awesome shifting into all gears in all modes

Boostpill flashes:

V2, V2.5, V2.6.2 increased power over stockpill (obviously) but lower power than V1 (all going off butt dyno lol). V2 and V2.5 shifts too slushy in NORMAL auto, V2.5 shifts too slushy in SPORT manual. V2.6.2 shifts too slushy in ALL modes.

V1 highest power of any of the Boostpill tunes I've tried. Awesome shift response in ALL modes. Not running as I threw a CEL (unsure which one as I reflashed my car before quickly as I needed to get somewhere.

V1 cold region. Tune I am currently running. Very happy with the shifting and power. Shifts as good as V1 but slightly less power. No Cel's = VERY HAPPY OWNER

I did a power run last 2 weeks ago with AUDM V2 Boostpill flash and maxed out at 153kW at the wheels on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road dyno (previous baseline 144kW on Mainline rolling road dyno 12 months earlier). I'm spewing I did not flash V1 cold region before the day as I know this would have produced higher numbers.

I also had a spirited run against a new VW Golf R at off street drags while flashed with V1 cold region. Down low the Golf got me but at higher mid range and top end my car pulled him back in. With him using launch control he got about 2.5 carlengths on me at the start but by the end of the run I had gotten back to within 1/2 a car length. VERY impressed with this tune and can't wait for the temps to drop a little more to unleash even more POWER!!!!!!

Thanks again Bryan!!!!!!!!
Old May 22, 2011, 10:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by jcm308
Hi Bryan,

Thought I'd give you a small review of the V2.6.2 and other GST flashes I've tried (All for Aus models and 93/98 RON).

Firstly, a massive thumbs up for all the work you've put into these. It is most appreciated

Stockpill flashes:

V2, V2.5 increased throttle response but decreased power over V1. Shift hesitation under hard accelleration in NORMAL auto into 3rd gear.

V1 increased throttle response and awesome shifting into all gears in all modes

Boostpill flashes:

V2, V2.5, V2.6.2 increased power over stockpill (obviously) but lower power than V1 (all going off butt dyno lol). V2 and V2.5 shifts too slushy in NORMAL auto, V2.5 shifts too slushy in SPORT manual. V2.6.2 shifts too slushy in ALL modes.

V1 highest power of any of the Boostpill tunes I've tried. Awesome shift response in ALL modes. Not running as I threw a CEL (unsure which one as I reflashed my car before quickly as I needed to get somewhere.

V1 cold region. Tune I am currently running. Very happy with the shifting and power. Shifts as good as V1 but slightly less power. No Cel's = VERY HAPPY OWNER

I did a power run last 2 weeks ago with AUDM V2 Boostpill flash and maxed out at 153kW at the wheels on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road dyno (previous baseline 144kW on Mainline rolling road dyno 12 months earlier). I'm spewing I did not flash V1 cold region before the day as I know this would have produced higher numbers.

I also had a spirited run against a new VW Golf R at off street drags while flashed with V1 cold region. Down low the Golf got me but at higher mid range and top end my car pulled him back in. With him using launch control he got about 2.5 carlengths on me at the start but by the end of the run I had gotten back to within 1/2 a car length. VERY impressed with this tune and can't wait for the temps to drop a little more to unleash even more POWER!!!!!!

Thanks again Bryan!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the feedback. You should try this new Final V2.6 rom and see what you think about the shifts.

Was the Golf R modded?

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap