Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a question, for gloom specifically...

I haven't run the car with the complete V2.5 basemap, just the V2.5 with the V2 lower bound ignition timing for smoother shifting. Now, I've noticed that when I am at WOT and I go to upshift, it seems slow and sluggish. Didn't feel like that with the stock ROM. Was the V2 shifting designed that way for comfort or should it not act like that? I'm tempted to try the complete V2.5 to see if it shifts quicker.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to chime some quick questions here..

I've read the whole thread from around pg 60 and have gotten a good grasp on how the basemap has evolved. Looking to jump into this once I get my tactrix..

My question is what do people 'mode' do people generally drive with this map?

People have brought up the different in shifting 'feel' from v2 to v2.5, is this in either norm/auto & sport/auto? I personally drive sport/manual at all times (from what I gathered, saves clutch?).
Old Mar 13, 2011, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by aKeio
Just wanted to chime some quick questions here..

I've read the whole thread from around pg 60 and have gotten a good grasp on how the basemap has evolved. Looking to jump into this once I get my tactrix..

My question is what do people 'mode' do people generally drive with this map?

People have brought up the different in shifting 'feel' from v2 to v2.5, is this in either norm/auto & sport/auto? I personally drive sport/manual at all times (from what I gathered, saves clutch?).
Im on v2.5 and if im going for gas milage and not boosting it then I go ahead and go with normal auto.

If im doing ANY other type of driving. boosting at all to racing at the track im ALWAYS in Sport manual.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

In the city I drive Sport Manual.

On the interstate I drive Normal Auto. (usually on cruise control here for my 20min drive to work)
Old Mar 13, 2011, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BravoZero
I have a question, for gloom specifically...

I haven't run the car with the complete V2.5 basemap, just the V2.5 with the V2 lower bound ignition timing for smoother shifting. Now, I've noticed that when I am at WOT and I go to upshift, it seems slow and sluggish. Didn't feel like that with the stock ROM. Was the V2 shifting designed that way for comfort or should it not act like that? I'm tempted to try the complete V2.5 to see if it shifts quicker.
I would need to do some testing as it's not something that have been on my mind until I read your post.
I remember doing a WOT pull and I hit the rev limiter and it took maybe half a second before it shifted (In manual/sport) but I think it was user error, other then that I can't remember anything odd.

Third -> second gear downshifts are mostly not smooth even on the V2 lbit map but I can't remember if it's always been like that.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gloom
I would need to do some testing as it's not something that have been on my mind until I read your post.
I remember doing a WOT pull and I hit the rev limiter and it took maybe half a second before it shifted (In manual/sport) but I think it was user error, other then that I can't remember anything odd.

Third -> second gear downshifts are mostly not smooth even on the V2 lbit map but I can't remember if it's always been like that.
I went ahead and flashed over the complete V2.5 and did notice the shifting was slightly snappier but quicker than V2. Here's my observation:

V2 shifting- smooth for daily driving yet not as aggressive and quick with upshifts

V2.5 shifting- slightly harsher for daily driving yet more aggressive and quicker than V2 and stock.

I was more tempted to run the car hard during launches and spirited driving with V2.5 LBIT than I was with V2 just because of the aggressive nature of the shifting. I'll make more observations this week going to and from work during normal traffic to see if I notice a big difference in not only the smoothness or harshness of the shifting, but also the behavior of the shifting as well.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BravoZero
I went ahead and flashed over the complete V2.5 and did notice the shifting was slightly snappier but quicker than V2. Here's my observation:

V2 shifting- smooth for daily driving yet not as aggressive and quick with upshifts

V2.5 shifting- slightly harsher for daily driving yet more aggressive and quicker than V2 and stock.

I was more tempted to run the car hard during launches and spirited driving with V2.5 LBIT than I was with V2 just because of the aggressive nature of the shifting. I'll make more observations this week going to and from work during normal traffic to see if I notice a big difference in not only the smoothness or harshness of the shifting, but also the behavior of the shifting as well.
Right now I'm interested in what kind of gear shifting behaviour is the best for the tranny. If anyone knows, please chime in.

I can live with the harder shifting if it's supposed to be better for the transmission, but if there's no difference I rather have the smoothness as both I and my gal drives it.

I'm going to a good (the only?) tuning shop in Stockholm able to tune the MR/Ralliart for a final tune based on the GST map to tailor it to my car and mods and just let it be after that.
The power it makes now is more then sufficent as a spirited DD and I don't want to make any major mods I can't remove in case I would need to replace the transmission during the warranty period.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Added another 1/4 mile data point to the 1st post:

omegis -- 2011 93 oct BaseMap V2.5 + BoostPill = 13.39 @ 101.9 mph
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going to install the GST boost pill I purchased a couple of weeks ago and flash my RA with the appropriate basemap this weekend, can't wait!

Bryan, can you chime in on Gloom's post above your previous one about what's the best shifting for the SST? I agree with him, if there's no difference in wear or strain on the transmission using the V2 or V2.5 LBIT, I'm going to use the smoother V2 for daily driving.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

I finally got around to purchasing a Tactrix cable and GST's boost pill. I installed the boost pill yesterday and flashed to v2.5. I also have a K&N drop-in filter and a DC Sports cat-back exhaust.

First, let me start by saying that this has made a huge difference and it is a blast to drive. I did a number of 3rd and 4th gear pulls yesterday and everything was great.

Today, though, I got an SES light after a 3rd gear pull. I pulled over, turned the car off for 15-20 seconds, and then turned it back on. I did two more pulls (3rd gear), and the light never came back on.

Could this have just been a fluke?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

I'd guess you may have been experiencing some knock with those mods. Factor in how much leaner your car is running b/c of the filter + CBE into the quality of gas and you have the recipe for a SES light. You should either A) retune to the mods or B) go back to stock while running the GST basemap. If you happen to get the SES light again, get it checked so we have more info to go off of. I personally carry a pocket Actron OBD II scanner in my car. Also, it wouldn't hurt to invest in wideband when modding so you can see and log what your AFR is doing.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crpearce
I finally got around to purchasing a Tactrix cable and GST's boost pill. I installed the boost pill yesterday and flashed to v2.5. I also have a K&N drop-in filter and a DC Sports cat-back exhaust.

First, let me start by saying that this has made a huge difference and it is a blast to drive. I did a number of 3rd and 4th gear pulls yesterday and everything was great.

Today, though, I got an SES light after a 3rd gear pull. I pulled over, turned the car off for 15-20 seconds, and then turned it back on. I did two more pulls (3rd gear), and the light never came back on.

Hard to tell if you didnt pull the code. Although if it went away and hasnt come back id say your ok.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crpearce

Interesting... I've never had an issue with mine Chris. I may have to do with the catback. I do know a few people that are running the GST with the boost pill plus a drop-in filter and catback, no problems. I'd definitely keep an eye on it though.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

The SES light has not come back on since the initial instance, and I have done some spirited driving here and there to try and replicate it. I will probably purchase, download, and install EvoScan so that I can do some logging. Perhaps with GST's help, if Bryan is willing and lets me know what he charges, we can get this dialed in properly.

In any event, if it does come back, I will put the stock pill back in and flash back to the stock ROM until I can get the proper logging tools.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Went to the track this weekend and ran a 13.483 on 93 Octane Basemap + Boostpill. Temp was 71 according to slip.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap