Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2011 Ralliart questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Ralliart questions

Hey guys,

Im new to moding cars, I have modded my 05 tundra to the extreme, so im pretty familiar with what needs to be done. my only concern is where is the best place to pick up parts for my lancer, via the websites like autoanything..or directly from specific companies?

the first thing id like to do is get a cold air intake, but which is the best for my year lancer and will keep it smog legal still? also id like to straight pipe my lancer from the cats back, anyone have an idea if that will throw a check engine light for my car? will i need a muffler or no? because in the video posted below the guys has a flowmaster.

i saw this video the other day and it definitely made me sway to straight piping it. also in the description it says he has an 80 series flowmaster, which right now i have a 50% coupon for flowmaster. is it worth using it for the lancer or do you think flowmaster is a waste for theses kinda of cars?

I appreciate any info that is given, thanks in advance for the responses. also throw in your 2 cents on whats the best route to go. the lancer is my dd pretty much, so the end goal is to keep is completely street legal and not have anything throw check engine lights. im looking to make it sound better along with gain a bit of performance through the cold air. i know it probably wont be a lot but for now anything will sounds better then stock exhaust.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Going muffler delete will not throw any lights.. as long as you leave the cat alone, that being said i would assume it will be very loud.
Cold air doesn't do much for these cars, you will get better gains with a larger intercooler system (evo X is good and cheap)
Old Jun 5, 2014, 03:55 PM

Also, a lot of mods for the ralliart require a tune (like a cold air intake) or you risk running lean and blowing your engine.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 04:56 PM

depends the route you plan on going. cbrd makes a small intake that will fit a turbo swap a without moving the battery to the trunk
Old Jun 5, 2014, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the Flowmaster in that YouTube clip sounds like garbage to be honest.....I think I'd rather hear fingernails on a blackboard than that thing.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Intercooler and piping is necessary. Intake provide none to very little hp and requires a tune. Our cats are very restrictive and if replace will yield a bunch of extra hp. Go with an elec boost control solenoid like the one from Grimmspeed. Get rid of the cheap plastic bpv that leaks and get the metal Evo IX/X bpv. Get a tune after installing those parts and it will feel like a totally different car.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:10 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. Right now I'm trying to stay clean of a tune, since I don't have that kind of money. Just spent way to much money on my truck lol. So inner cooler and straight pipes and I should be good? Then a tune down the road? I'll stay away from the cold air. My truck loves the cold air intake and it actually made a difference. Good thing I didn't order one for the lancer. Again thanks for the info. Modding cars seems to be a whole new world.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

You can do the intercooler, exhaust, and Evo X bpv without a tune. Anything more and I suggest tuning. The tune is where youre gonna get all your hp so I save $300-$500 for the tune. Its worth it but I woulnt do it til youve done whatever performance parts you want done first.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 05:43 PM

damn intercoolers are expensive. so im guessing the evo x bpv will fit my ralliart?

Last edited by whiteralliart13; Jun 6, 2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 07:06 AM

I think you'd gain alot more power by getting a good tune for a completely stock RA then spending the same amount or more upgrading things like exhaust and IC without a tune.

Another option is to buy a tactrix cable and flash a GST basemap on, which is basically a free tune. You could get the tactrix and a 3 port for ~$300, then flash it for free and pick up a ton of power. I gained ~60 WHP on a 3 port and tune
Old Jun 9, 2014, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
There is a lot wisdom on this site. We know the RA best. What works (bang/buck) and what does not (or minimal gains).
Old Jun 9, 2014, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Lancershop.com and extremepsi.com are my two goto places for most things
Old Jul 15, 2014, 06:48 PM

if i were to straight pipe my ra, would going from the cat backwards make me loose any back pressure? if i did this would i loose performance just for sounds? if so wouldn't it be best just to do a exhaust system and call it a day?

thanks for the info.

also where would be a good thread to find some 805 guys in my area?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
No, because the long piping and especially the cat maintain back pressure.

Your question should be, "if I run a cat-back open exhaust will it be hideously too loud?"
yes.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica
No, because the long piping and especially the cat maintain back pressure.

Your question should be, "if I run a cat-back open exhaust will it be hideously too loud?"
yes.
so your saying it would be over kill then? would it even sound good?

what exhaust systems do you guys prefer to run?

Quick Reply: 2011 Ralliart questions