Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

CBRD- RAD Full and other bits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 07:44 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CBRD- RAD Full and other bits

Just to let everyone know- we havent stopped pushing our development of the stock housing RAD turbo for those that dont want to switch to the evo X setup- (for various reason)-

We aren't saying that isnt a viable option (as often argued) but many want the 100% OEM ralliart look-

We are testing a RAD FULL design next week- that adds a new aero turbine upgrade to the existing RAD LITE comp and wastegate upgrade-

We will post results-

Also- our EVO X and RA intercoolers are now slightly larger- and have nicer tanks than previously due to some revisions made in our production process!

I will post pictures shortly!

Cheers

cb
Old Mar 6, 2014, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to see the results!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ralliart1
Can't wait to see the results!

I can't wait either !! Its my car he currently working on for the new turbo lol. I am so excited I cant stand it
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool
Old Mar 6, 2014, 01:47 PM

Can't wait for the results! I've been trying to decide between RAD Lite and X swap for quite some time now. Favoring the fast spool of the RAD, but wish I could get another 40-50 HP out of it. Any predictions on the spool and HP capabilities of the RAD Full vs Lite?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Corrupter
Can't wait for the results! I've been trying to decide between RAD Lite and X swap for quite some time now. Favoring the fast spool of the RAD, but wish I could get another 40-50 HP out of it. Any predictions on the spool and HP capabilities of the RAD Full vs Lite?

I talked to Chad about that and asked the same question. He told me a few things but being that this is the first time the turbo is going to be tested nothing can be said for sure about what will happen yet until after it is installed and hits the dyno.

One thing that Chad did tell me was the purpose of the upgrade was to also increase efficiency of the turbo.

If everything goes as planned as soon as I pick my car up ill post all the wonderful data and mods list for everyone to see.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, what exactly are ALL the differences between the RAD lite and RAD full? I'm kind of confused now.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
Also- our EVO X and RA intercoolers are now slightly larger- and have nicer tanks than previously due to some revisions made in our production process!
That's little consolation to those of us(like me) who bought the original CBRD Ralliart specific FMIC when it first came out a couple years ago!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Slee256
So, what exactly are ALL the differences between the RAD lite and RAD full? I'm kind of confused now.
+1

Did I miss an earlier thread that explains the concept behind this prototype?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Corrupter
+1

Did I miss an earlier thread that explains the concept behind this prototype?

Chad told me but I will let him chime in and explain. He is the better person to explain it to everyone
Old Mar 8, 2014, 05:46 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Slee256
That's little consolation to those of us(like me) who bought the original CBRD Ralliart specific FMIC when it first came out a couple years ago!
There is no affect on performance-

its simply a production change to make things more efficient for us with production-

your core is capable of 700+hp- have you hit that limit yet??

cb
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:45 PM

Maybe ill need to think about getting the RAD Full in the future if all comes out good. CBRD have been great even tho im not even near them. always looking at what could be added next but still stay true to being a Ralliart rather than an EVO X look-a-like

Last edited by Egal44ARock; Mar 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:52 PM

CBRD,

If I wanted to do the upgrade on my ralliart turbo, should I wait until CBRD full is complete and available?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

I know many of you have sent me PMs and are wondering the status of the Rad Full install . Chad is currently putting the finishing touches on everything. I will have my car back soon. I will be posting a full video, picture and written review for all to see. I will go over all the details and how everything feels, works etc.
As always CBRD continues to amaze me. They really are on top of the game. I urge all of you to support Chad and his great company. It is through the success of CBRD that we may continue to benefit with all the wonderful advances for our cars.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
[]

Quick Reply: CBRD- RAD Full and other bits