Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

CBRD- RAD Full and other bits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Veronica
:O

I was this [] close to dropping by CBRD last Friday as I passed through York on my way to Lebanon, PA. Just to see the 'GarageMahal' and see this beast in action!
Traffic slowed me down/late start and I would not have arrived until 10 minutes before closing... Womp Wah...

You live close to me. I am in Annapolis. If you want to feel the power of the RAD FULL you are more than welcome to test drive my car. Everyone who wants to hold true to the Ralliart needs to have a Rad Turbo on their car

The more we do for CBRD the more they will do for us. We need to create the continued need for Ralliart parts and upgrades . I am telling you come see for yourself. I promise you drive my car once and you will be hooked
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chad11ralliart
Just curious how it ran not being tuned yet? Only reason I ask is I have a 5hr drive to my tuner Tuesday, lol, not that I plan on blasting down the road or anything, what map was used? Etc
Exactly what Chad said, my tuner was about an hour away. Let the car warm up and just stay off boost and you'll be fine!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 07:54 AM

in for tune

Car is in for tune @ Boostin Performance, il post details tonight!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 09:01 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
keep us posted-

thanks for the kind words guys!

cb
Old Apr 15, 2014, 03:39 PM

11 Ralliart update

Ok now I'm a believer, any guy out there with an RA and wants their car to transform into evo x power must buy or atleast look into the rad full from cbrd, the uninstall was a ***** on my ra with only 30k miles on it, bolts will break noway shape or form to go around it, we tried everything possible, but back to the point, I had the car tuned at Boostin Performance today, the car dynoed in @ 314whp 297wtq, on a mustang dyno, they said on dynateck or whatever it would make near 335, but besides the numbers the car runs like a complete different car. Truly amazing how it improved,
Mods incase people want to know
Cobb AP
Cobb 3 port
Turboback exhaust ( no cat )
AEM Intake
ETS Intercooler 3.5
Turbosmart bov on 50/50
Complete hard pipe kit

Big thanks to Chad @ cbrd speedfactory for getting my turbo to me on time for my tune date and making the the studs like new amd removing the old broken ones,
And a big thanks to Boostin Performance for a great tune and very quickly done, I mean I dropped the car off at 8am had it back at 11am, that doesn't happen where I'm from in stl with tuning shops, them guys know what's up for real, it was well worth the 5hr drive there and 5hr fun drive back. Thanks to both shops for being professional and just down right awesome!

Last edited by chad11ralliart; Apr 16, 2014 at 02:01 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 04:29 PM
Account Disabled

Thank you guys for your support again-

we always appreciate getting enthusiastic positive responses to the development work we put in-

i think people are seeing the RAD turbo as a viable (and slightly better) alternative to the evo X swap!!

cb
Old Apr 16, 2014, 07:11 PM

Yes Sir and just need an exhaust manifold to complte the package!! 8-)

Sent from my Xperia ion using IB AutoGroup
Old Apr 20, 2014, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by chad11ralliart
Ok now I'm a believer, any guy out there with an RA and wants their car to transform into evo x power must buy or atleast look into the rad full from cbrd, the uninstall was a ***** on my ra with only 30k miles on it, bolts will break noway shape or form to go around it, we tried everything possible, but back to the point, I had the car tuned at Boostin Performance today, the car dynoed in @ 314whp 297wtq, on a mustang dyno, they said on dynateck or whatever it would make near 335, but besides the numbers the car runs like a complete different car. Truly amazing how it improved,
Mods incase people want to know
Cobb AP
Cobb 3 port
Turboback exhaust ( no cat )
AEM Intake
ETS Intercooler 3.5
Turbosmart bov on 50/50
Complete hard pipe kit

Big thanks to Chad @ cbrd speedfactory for getting my turbo to me on time for my tune date and making the the studs like new amd removing the old broken ones,
And a big thanks to Boostin Performance for a great tune and very quickly done, I mean I dropped the car off at 8am had it back at 11am, that doesn't happen where I'm from in stl with tuning shops, them guys know what's up for real, it was well worth the 5hr drive there and 5hr fun drive back. Thanks to both shops for being professional and just down right awesome!
Awesome dude, great numbers! #inchadwetrust
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:36 PM

Mid July is our bonus time..........WULD love to pick up a new exh manifold AND RAD full.......8-)
Old Apr 25, 2014, 07:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SHABBA6789
Awesome dude, great numbers! #inchadwetrust
LMAO!!!

thanks guys!

cb
Old Apr 26, 2014, 04:07 PM

With that power, would you need to upgrade clutches?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by akin6831
No you will not need to upgrade clutches. If however you want to turn up the boost or add any other power mods than yes you would need new clutches to do it in a safe manner for your car.

I was the first person to own the Rad full. I have had nothing but fantastic results and car is going strong.

Again stock clutches will be fine due to the fact it basically is putting out the power of a stock tuned EvoMR but on a Ralliart turbo frame. Just remember anything beyond this it would be wise to get new clutches not just for performance but longevity purposes.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by akin6831
What the ra really needs with this upgrade is the s sport mode for quicker shifts with the power added, or a custom sst tune, at high rpm in sport mode they do slip slightly and shifts are a lot slower which causes heat with more friction, and as far as normal mode for get you even have it unless your driving around town, I personally want to upgrade asap, a 10k trans is nothing to play with in my world.

Last edited by chad11ralliart; Apr 27, 2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by CBRD
Thank you guys for your support again-

we always appreciate getting enthusiastic positive responses to the development work we put in-

i think people are seeing the RAD turbo as a viable (and slightly better) alternative to the evo X swap!!

cb
got me to my goal and a bit extra, wish i waited just 2 more months then i would have had the RAD Full. Down the road ill be giving CBRD some more of my money for some more fun.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 07:30 PM

Anyone with RAD Full running E85? I'll be installing mine next month.
My mod list:

- TurboXS Downpipe
- TurboXS Testpipe
- Borla Catback
- AEM SRI
- Grimmspeed EBCS
- Ultimate Racing Upper IC Pipe
- Ultimate Racing Lower IC Pipe
- Mishimoto Evo X Intercooler
- ID1000 Injectors
- DW65C running on E92

What numbers should I expect?