Notices

Best tires for the Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2004, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine came with the Potenza's. I don't care for the wet weather traction, or lack of. On dry roads they grip well. They also did better than I expected in the snow.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 12:12 PM
Dew

I don't know if its just the demand market here in Houston, but Yokohama's are everywhere here, and very few places carry Toyo's, how is the market where everyone else is?

Last edited by Dew; Jan 21, 2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Dew
I don't know if its just the demand market here in Houston, but Yokohama's are everywhere here, and very few places carry Toyo's, how is the market where everyone else is?
Toyo's are easy to get out here in the northwest, but i haven't priced them yet. Now that we are drying out i am starting to like my tires a little better. I won't get the sameones when i repalce them.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Deltarider99
I've been noticing that the RA's come with a bunch of different tires, depending on the dealer. One dealer had continentals on theirs, while one dealer today had some with Potenzas and some with Eagle RS-A's.
Yeah, mine are Eagle RS-A's. They're ****ing dog****. They look ugly, handle like **** when It's raining, and they don't handle as well as I'd like. I want to get the Yokohama AVS ES100 tires ASAP http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

My friend has them on his Lancer and they rock

Last edited by I REP 838; Jan 26, 2004 at 04:37 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I guess I don't absolutely HATE mine, but I'm definitely going to look into summer tires when this Chicago winter subsides....YOKOS BABY!!!
Old Feb 4, 2004, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Nitto's are nice but expensive...... probably Toyo's are the best for over all performance I think....
Old Feb 5, 2004, 05:41 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have 3 RA's on the ground and all three came with RS-A's. I've had the Kumho 712's on a Saturn SC2 and they were a good tire at an excellent price. I'd be more inclined to go Continental I think, if I do end up with a RA.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:16 AM

well im loing into get the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2's. i read all the reviews and look at al the stats and so far they seem to be a really nice tire. they say "you get what you pay for" and im pretty sure that these are going to be worth it. i want them cause they dont look too shabby and the ratings are really nice. ill be moving to new mexico so i really dont expect much percipitation (sp?) but i highly doub that the tires will fail me. i want to get new rims but money has been a slight problem... so im more than likely going to stay with the stock rims for now... but my question for those is, what size width can they support. i know the stock tires are 205's but can i stick 215"s on them? i dunno much about tires and rims so any usefull info will be very much appreciated... BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2
cant wait to get them!
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by knight59263
well im loing into get the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2's. i read all the reviews and look at al the stats and so far they seem to be a really nice tire. they say "you get what you pay for" and im pretty sure that these are going to be worth it. i want them cause they dont look too shabby and the ratings are really nice. ill be moving to new mexico so i really dont expect much percipitation (sp?) but i highly doub that the tires will fail me. i want to get new rims but money has been a slight problem... so im more than likely going to stay with the stock rims for now... but my question for those is, what size width can they support. i know the stock tires are 205's but can i stick 215"s on them? i dunno much about tires and rims so any usefull info will be very much appreciated... BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2
cant wait to get them!
I'm pretty sure that they don't make 215/45/16's in that tire. They only make a handful in that size and you would pay out the @$$ for that size. If you are going to stay with the 16's then i would just stick with the 205's. Just my .02.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:14 PM

LOL true, what do you think about 205 40's? do you think they make those are if there might be a problem with that size on the rims? from my understanding the lower the profile the better the cornering. isnt that because the tire doesnt bend as much along the sidewall? i think i read that on tirerack.com....
Old Feb 7, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

I just got Toyo T1-R and they are pretty damn sticky... i take the local twisties here almost every weekend and they are nice!
Old Feb 7, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Holy old thread!

Anyway, I have the BFG KDW2s for summer tires. I stuck with the stock size, and they handle so well you don't need to get the 40 series. I can't wait for winter to be over so I can put them back on.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 04:23 PM

I have the Yokohama AVS ES100 and they are really good.. I love em.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:55 AM

i got the falken ziex 512 if you want wet performance this are a have a awesome grip in wet and in dry conditions too
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

again her is my plug for the toyo proxies t1s greatest tires on the ralliart imo

Quick Reply: Best tires for the Ralliart