Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

My RRM Turbo Automatic Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My RRM Turbo Automatic Lancer Ralliart

I've kept this on the down low up until now and have decided to share with you guys the fantastic work that has been done on my car. Only a few months ago I decided to begin applying modifications to the Ralliart. After endlessly searching the forums for reputable companies to get work done on my car I came across Road///Race Motorsports. The great benefit for me is that they are located within 30 miles of where I live which made it a delight to do business with them since they could do all the installs. I am not a skillful mechanic but have done the research to see whats good and whats not and whos good at what they do and whos not. RRM fit the bill. After purchasing and installing a few mods here and there i finally decided to go big. I've
read several times on this forum that if you want to see big gains then you need turbo, and thats exactly what I had in mind. The only problem was that my car had a big drawback due to the fact it was an automatic. However after a long talk with Rob from RRM, and all the great work prior that they had done for me, I decided to put my faith in them and this is what I got...

[IMG]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...h/P3230222.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/punksmurph/P3230225.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/punksmurph/P3230226.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/punksmurph/P3230227.jpg[/IMG]

I could have never imagined that the Ralliart had so much potential. It has become a whole other car entirely. From the moment I first layed my foot down on the accelerator to me creating this thread now, the car has performed beyond all expectations and continues to do so. The amount of power the car has on top end is just amazing. All I have to say to RRM is Bravo . Anyone like me who thought that having an automatic transmission was a red light, the light has turned green...GO!

[IMG]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii16/punksmurph/P3230217.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by OnCloudIX; Jan 7, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
gratz bro
Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very cool.

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Looks great man! Keep us posted on how the auto holds up with the extra power. Hope it does better than mine...
Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much power does something like this make?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

+1 I really would liketo know how this holds up Im considering the turbo but Im still not sure if its worth it or not 4g's is alot and would make a nice down payment on a wrx or used sti or evo. I do love the way the 04-06 ra's look though. Im really torn
Old Dec 29, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
i'll be joining you soon enough man!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It holds up fine. Never an issue with these kits. They are solid, long tested and very quick!

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ROCK
It holds up fine. Never an issue with these kits. They are solid, long tested and very quick!

ROAD/RACE
its not the kit i'm worried about. its the tranny that i think will give out
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
setup looks clean and kinda oem... nice nice.. congrats
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:36 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very cool.....post up some vids
Old Dec 30, 2009, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Very cool.....post up some vids
Ill try to get some vids up when one of my friends with a camcorder has time.

@Raikiri - You'll wont regret it, in time you'll see the kind of power you thought your car never could have

@riceball - Im boosting at about 7.5psi and making about 245whp

@Mitsubeastin - I didnt know if it was gonna be worth it before I purchased it and hoped it was at least as good as I imagined it. Its better than I could have possibly imagined. If you already got the car, you should go for it.

Thanks everyone for your comments and praise. Its been nearly 4k miles with it on and no problems what so ever. The only problem I have now is my heavy foot. I just cant keep it off the gas I tell you!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

hey congrats...we are at the same page...i know perfectly how you felt before and how you feel now...it's kind of frustrating...but it is great now with the turbo hahaha...some questions, what about the coolant reserve? what kind of blow off is that one? what kind of exhaust are you using? and one last question, at 3rd gear have you felt that the car is not producing the way it does in 2nd. in my case i feel my car is not very consistent at 3rd gear...
Old Dec 30, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by manolo2011
hey congrats...we are at the same page...i know perfectly how you felt before and how you feel now...it's kind of frustrating...but it is great now with the turbo hahaha...some questions, what about the coolant reserve? what kind of blow off is that one? what kind of exhaust are you using? and one last question, at 3rd gear have you felt that the car is not producing the way it does in 2nd. in my case i feel my car is not very consistent at 3rd gear...
Thanks for the comments man. Its funny, you are the first to ask about the coolant reservoir. As you could already see in the pics, its not there. It was removed, replaced and relocated to allow for room for the piping. Im using a coolant reservoir from a suzuki sx4 mounted next to my fuse box . The blow off valve/diverter valve is the one that came with the kit. Its a Bosch recirculating type that has been used on old porsches and audis. My exhaust is the magnaflow catback thats sold by RRM. As for the gear shifts you are talking about, Im a little lost. Maybe I havent experienced that problem and therefore dont understand it. Do you mean like a power loss in 3rd gear?

Also, someone earlier asked about vids. Well heres one of my car, but its not quite what you were expecting though. For anyone who was ever confused about how to install a timing control box, heres the vid how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWVBQUK_2I0

And for the record, this mod is NOT compatible with RRMs turbo application. This vid is just an instructional video and I dont actually have it on my car.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

you have one really clean engine bay... lol as you can see in my thread mine is dirty as hell =/

Quick Reply: My RRM Turbo Automatic Lancer Ralliart